HTC Diamond on Orange

Guest beckett1

Guest blackhorse

Were not doing so bad since supposedly Orange were not going to be getting any more Diamonds in before August!

Orange are still having difficulty with the Orange software, we load it on and they fail test, rather than sit on them and try fix the software, they are getting loaded with generic

Dont forget free unlimted data finishes tomorrow.

Edited by blackhorse

Guest Adam Bennett

I spoke with Orange last weekend and they told me that the ulimited data FUP is 3GB! A bit better than 500MB eh?

BTW i have the Dolphin 35 package.

Guest Kushmir

I have Dolphin 35 and was told it was 500 MB.

On the Orange website in the T&Cs under 'Offers and promotions Unlimited Bundles' It says ' The Offers are subject at all times to a fair usage policy of 3000 minutes or texts (as appropriate) each month or 500MB data per month (See Mobile Internet Bundles). Usage above this amount will constitute abuse and Orange may monitor usage and withdraw the Offer from your account if the fair usage policy is abused.'

Edited by Kushmir

Guest Confucious
I spoke with Orange last weekend and they told me that the ulimited data FUP is 3GB! A bit better than 500MB eh?

Nice if it's true - but probably worth phoning back and asking them where you can see that in writing.

Sounds like someone was confused and they will propbably deny it - but I'd like to be proved wrong on this one!

Guest Neil5459

I think they are getting confused with the Mobile Broadband packages, which I think have the 3GB allowance?

Unlimited Data plans finishing? CS told me they were a permanent feature of the new contracts when I enquired last month :D

Guest blackhorse
Unlimited Data plans finishing? CS told me they were a permanent feature of the new contracts when I enquired last month :D

Fraid not, finishes tomorrow from the brief weve had.

I would assume they are maybe monitoring the usage of the people they gave it to for the month? See if it has any impact

Guest capt_janeway

Upgrades want £70 so I think I'll cancel and go with either Voda or T-Mobile

Poor service from Orange in my view - spend £45+ a month and retentions had no intention to try and keep me as a customer

Guest Confucious

£45/ month? ouch.

I don't think Voda do the diamond though so it's either an unlocked one or the C4 with T.

Or a new contract with O and port your number out and back in again...

Good luck.

Guest steve_smith
Fraid not, finishes tomorrow from the brief weve had.

I would assume they are maybe monitoring the usage of the people they gave it to for the month? See if it has any impact

I think you are OK if you signed up for a contract with it included already though?

I printed out the log of my online chat session with "Nadia W" of Orange, where I enquired:

"On Racoon 35... is "unlimited internet browsing" for the length of the contract?"

She replied "the unlimited internet browsing is available to you for the full length of the contract"

If that turns out to be a fib, they can have the phone back and I'll cancel the contract :D

Cheers,

Steve.

Guest capt_janeway
£45/ month? ouch.

I don't think Voda do the diamond though so it's either an unlocked one or the C4 with T.

Or a new contract with O and port your number out and back in again...

Good luck.

I do have 3 months left, however, the new contract was going to be a 21 month one (3+18) - the irony is that I can pay the £48 to cancel get it from mobiles.co.uk with £80 cash back straight away, free phone, and then reduce the contract to what I am on in a few months but would rather stay loyal and go direct. Will try again later as someone earlier offered it for free but the system was down and so couldn't do it.

Guest Gavink151
I think you are OK if you signed up for a contract with it included already though?

I printed out the log of my online chat session with "Nadia W" of Orange, where I enquired:

"On Racoon 35... is "unlimited internet browsing" for the length of the contract?"

She replied "the unlimited internet browsing is available to you for the full length of the contract"

If that turns out to be a fib, they can have the phone back and I'll cancel the contract :D

Cheers,

Steve.

For the record I just entered a into new contract that has "unlimited data" (I was told on the phone), this was 1 week ago. The new contract does not kick in until the 17th August but I will be mighty annoyed if it turns out not to be unlimited (within reason) :D It was also CHEAPER than my old contract for which I was paying around £35 + £5 data...

Edited by Gavink151

Guest blackhorse

Cheers,

Steve.

Anyone who has signed/upgraded/changed talkplan and triggered this unlimted data product, it has NO end date it will be with you as long as your on a £35+talkplan.

Anyone that has requested a talkplan change and is worried about it now coming into effect until August, will still get this bundle for life, as long as the tariff change is completed on the Orange systems to take effect from your next bill, before the end of today

Hope this helps, give me a shout if you need anything

Edited by blackhorse

Guest jimbouk

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if the unlimited deal ends today... (and when O say a deal ends on a date, they mean you cant sign up for it after that date - not existing customers lose it).

Their website still shows the unlimited browsing deals and dont say sign up by 31 july.

The standard unlimited browsing is 500mb - but they also do offer select customers 3gb of data to retain their business.

Guest typhus

I love this forum.

I phoned up a couple of times last week and was told not to phone until I receive my text. I've just caught up on the last page of posts here and decided balls to it I'm phoning anyway.

And now I'm glad I did, Phone will arrive on monday, no charge and Dolphin35+bells&whistles for £30.

So thanks again to those who post and if you're still waiting for a text like I was, phone now.

J.

Guest blackhorse
I will be absolutely gobsmacked if the unlimited deal ends today... (and when O say a deal ends on a date, they mean you cant sign up for it after that date - not existing customers lose it).

Their website still shows the unlimited browsing deals and dont say sign up by 31 july.

The standard unlimited browsing is 500mb - but they also do offer select customers 3gb of data to retain their business.

and its gone! :D

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/paymonthly

Edited by blackhorse

Guest barkythedog

is this the new data offers from Orange:

pay monthly

£1.50 daily capped rate, so you never pay more than this a day

£1 daily bundle, for anytime mobile internet access

£5 monthly bundle, for unlimited evening and weekend browsing

£8 per month for anytime mobile internet access

from: http://193.35.136.49/servlet/Satellite?pag...d=1137070320205

if so that could be a better deal for users who want to use their phone as a modem? of course we need to know if there is a fup on that daily usage?

Guest bdmoore

Just rang Orange as my contract switchover to Dolphin 35 was due today and according to Orange World it hadn't :/

Anyway, it has changed, and I queried the browsing package and was told it was active and had NO limit - naturally I double checked this with the guy and he categorically stated that there was no FUP, it was truly unlimited.

Now, do I be optimistic and believe him? Or listen to my naturally cynical side and accept that he didn't know what he was on about?

Probably the latter.... :D

Guest blackhorse
http://www1.orange.co.uk/entertainment/OrangeWorld/terms.php

PAYG is 25Mb per day

OWU is 250Mb per month but the free 'unlimited' offer which expired yesterday was 500Mb per month.

The unlimited bundle that finished yesterday was as Confucious says FUP 500mb, but unlike the unlimtited bundle sold now that actually tracks your usage and charges you over 250mb, whereas the previous there are no charges, just a slap on the wrist on possibility of it been removed if constantly abused

Guest bdmoore
The unlimited bundle that finished yesterday was as Confucious says FUP 500mb, but unlike the unlimtited bundle sold now that actually tracks your usage and charges you over 250mb, whereas the previous there are no charges, just a slap on the wrist on possibility of it been removed if constantly abused

So it's sort of truly unlimited, as long as you don't take the p*ss :D

Although TBH, 500MB would actually be quite hard to hit in my case - I just use it for email and a bit of browsing from time to time... And that's probably true for most people I guess - you'd have to be going some to get through 500MB on a mobile unless using it as a modem!

Guest Confucious

A guy at work has Three's 1Gb limit and regularly has to stop using it part way through the month as he reaches his limit - he wouldn't have a clue how to use his phone as a modem.

I can easily use 500Mb in a month but have T's 3Gb limit so don't need to worry.

Guest jimbouk

I dont download music or movies via mobile but I do have push email on 16 hours a day, plus two pop accounts polling every 15 mins, do a lot of mobile surfing, messenger an hour or two per day and do download some fairly big files for work on my phone...

And according to orang I use about 50mb a month...

(It's kinda nice they give me 3gb a month really)