RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE-ME 1.93.456.2_Radio_Signed Diamond_52.29.25.12_1.0 0.25.05

Guest Rapier

Guest Rapier

Hi all,

As found on xda-developers site, someone just shared one of the ROMs that appear to be the latest. As far as I know, till now the latest stock ROM was 1.37.401.3. This one seems to be newer and also some people there claims to be even faster with TF3D than 1.37... ROM.

Anyone knowing more about it? I'm just downloading it now and I think I'll give it a try this evening. If TF3D runs faster it will be great. Each new ROM version improved that...an improvement in memory leaking will also be great. I'll post here anything I find out during testing

For now, I've just made a backup of my Diamond. I intend to use the "upgrade" restore mode in Sprite Backup, I hope it will be OK for restoring the device to the same state, have the same applications installed, contact ringtones and photos assigned and so on. They claim this is the mode to be used when flashing a different ROM.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=408281

P.S. Sorry if the subject is discussed elsewhere but I couldn't find it

Guest Rapier

TRL3 is a cooked ROM and I wanted more a stock one. What else I saw it is improving, is the radio version. From 1.0.0.25.03 to 1.0.0.25.05. It's claimed to be better, have a better battery drain/usage and a better quality and 3G download speed and smaller lag.

Anyway, I have a backup so I could give it a try 86% downloaded already :D

Guest James

The TRL ROM is basicaly a stock ROM but with all the important 'MUST HAVE' tweeks :D

Yeah the 05 radio is currenmtly the best, i was going to flash that thismorning too :D

Guest rupert_hollom
Yeah, saw, downloaded it earlier... but stopped..... sounds great, but ive been advised to wait until TRL3 :D

Is that 'The Loan Ranger' Rom?

Any idea when v3 is going to be out - I might give it a try, never cooked a ROM before so it'll be a bit nerve racking !

Guest James

Yes thats right 'TheLoanRanger' ROM... no idea on timescale im afraid!

i think you mean FLASH a ROM :D

COOKING a ROM is 'making' one :D

Guest WinDoze9t8
TRL3 is a cooked ROM and I wanted more a stock one. What else I saw it is improving, is the radio version. From 1.0.0.25.03 to 1.0.0.25.05. It's claimed to be better, have a better battery drain/usage and a better quality and 3G download speed and smaller lag.

Anyway, I have a backup so I could give it a try 86% downloaded already :D

I have a copy of 1.0.0.25.06 Radio ROM (not sure if this is better or worse the than the others though).

Guest spacemonkey

Saw a post on XDA Devs from TheLoanRanger saying he'd hopefully have a V3 based on 1.93.xxx up "tomorrow", so I'd expect we'll see it in a day or so.

Yes thats right 'TheLoanRanger' ROM... no idea on timescale im afraid!

Guest rupert_hollom

The TLR 3 is now available, and I am thinking flashing it (got the terminology right this time?) but I would like to back up my current ROM first, in case the phone needs to go back to Orange, or the flashing doesn't work, etc. but don't know what I need - any advice on this please?

Guest Rapier

FlangeArtist, I had it flashed yesterday (I mean the ROM in the subject of this topic not the TLR3). To me, it was a disappointment. I revert to 1.37.401.3 and flashed only the 1.0.0.25.05 radio.

The main reason was that I've had some issues with the display of TF3D in home screen and also I dislike the animation beeing taken out from it...I liked the way it moved and with all those performance tweaks it was quite usable even on 75% load.

I'll wait some more to see other cooked ROMs based on this, maybe another HTC ROM version, and I'll decide if I go for it or not. Right now I'm satisfied with the current performance and look

rupert_hollom, in order to flash TLR's ROM, you need first to HARD-SPL (flash the unsigned HARD-SPL or else it won't work without having the ROMs signed by OliPro). This HARD-SPL will allow you to flash ANY ROM that you can get your hands on. Still, when you return the device to the service (Orange), just by reflashing with original ROM is not enough. They can still see that you've messed with it. This is because when HARD-SPL the device, the SPL is changed and it will write something like "1.40 by OliPro". In order to fully revert to "factory" appearance, you need to go through a procedure described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=39

Read also the whole thread there, it contains very useful info.

Hope it helped

Edited by Rapier

Guest rupert_hollom
rupert_hollom, in order to flash TLR's ROM, you need first to HARD-SPL (flash the unsigned HARD-SPL or else it won't work without having the ROMs signed by OliPro). This HARD-SPL will allow you to flash ANY ROM that you can get your hands on. Still, when you return the device to the service (Orange), just by reflashing with original ROM is not enough. They can still see that you've messed with it. This is because when HARD-SPL the device, the SPL is changed and it will write something like "1.40 by OliPro". In order to fully revert to "factory" appearance, you need to go through a procedure described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=39

Read also the whole thread there, it contains very useful info.

Hope it helped

Thanks for that it certainly helped - one more question...

By flashing the ROM I will lose all the Orange specific settings I presume, for things such as GPRS, 3G, etc - how do I get these back?

Guest Paul (MVP)
FlangeArtist, I had it flashed yesterday (I mean the ROM in the subject of this topic not the TLR3). To me, it was a disappointment. I revert to 1.37.401.3 and flashed only the 1.0.0.25.05 radio.

The main reason was that I've had some issues with the display of TF3D in home screen and also I dislike the animation beeing taken out from it...I liked the way it moved and with all those performance tweaks it was quite usable even on 75% load.

I'll wait some more to see other cooked ROMs based on this, maybe another HTC ROM version, and I'll decide if I go for it or not. Right now I'm satisfied with the current performance and look

Weird, the TLR one (based on the same) has the animations in?

P

Guest deadphill
No, generic ROMs have a connection wizard for that stuff.

P

Thats funny I thought they did. At least the custom roms for the Kaiser do!

Cheers

Phill