MDA compact 4 pink colour scheme- should I also buy a handbag?

Guest dommars

Guest dommars

:D

Can please somebody let me know if there is a way to discard/change the colour of the pink theme and Tmobile logos on the mda compact 4.

Do I have to flash a new rom? I have only had the phone a day and dont particularly want to do this (yet :angry: )

Although this device is basically the same as the diamond, I think the device is far better looking. However, I think some of their design team should be strung up and beaten with a stocking full of wet s**t :( ........... :P

Great device though.

Guest smallwoodoj

Hi there,

All you need to do is do a hard reset on the phone (see instructions) once you have performed the hard reset you need to perform a soft reset before the t-mobile applications are installed. This will boot to the standard install of windows mobile 6.1 (no pink stuff WOOHOO).

Ollie :(

Can please somebody let me know if there is a way to discard/change the colour of the pink theme and Tmobile logos on the mda compact 4.

Do I have to flash a new rom? I have only had the phone a day and dont particularly want to do this (yet :angry: )

Although this device is basically the same as the diamond, I think the device is far better looking. However, I think some of their design team should be strung up and beaten with a stocking full of wet s**t :P ........... :P

Great device though.

Guest dommars
Hi there,

All you need to do is do a hard reset on the phone (see instructions) once you have performed the hard reset you need to perform a soft reset before the t-mobile applications are installed. This will boot to the standard install of windows mobile 6.1 (no pink stuff WOOHOO).

Ollie :D

Thanks 4 that, i,ll try it ,but like Paul, I am sceptical.

Will let you know if it works or not :D

Guest dommars
It won't.

P

Well, I tried it and it worked ......(well sort of)......all the tmobile pink had disappeared.....However, the new diamond/mda4 style

home screen was no longer there either, the h/screen became basic in comparison, pretty much like the wm5 standard h/screen.

I did another hard reset, then allowed the tmob customization settings to install and now its back to normal tmob style.

Is there a cab file for the home screen, which maybe could be installed separately (after customization avoidance trick)

I'm sure there will be a solution soon.

Cheers,

Dom

Guest killabie
Well, I tried it and it worked ......(well sort of)......all the tmobile pink had disappeared.....However, the new diamond/mda4 style

home screen was no longer there either, the h/screen became basic in comparison, pretty much like the wm5 standard h/screen.

I did another hard reset, then allowed the tmob customization settings to install and now its back to normal tmob style.

Is there a cab file for the home screen, which maybe could be installed separately (after customization avoidance trick)

I'm sure there will be a solution soon.

Cheers,

Dom

This is because TouchFlow 3D (aka Manilla) also didn't install, this is installed with the T-Mobile customization.See attachments for default Diamond TouchFlow 3D with HTC skin for WM6.1.

Install the CAB and theme and your done.

manila.cab

Htc_black.zip

Guest acabbie

this sounds like the way to go but i would like to know if the youtube and messenger app are installed ?

I've tried to install a cab of messenger today but when i try to use it it tells me that there is a connectivity problem!

It shouldn't be this difficult :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sarks
This is because TouchFlow 3D (aka Manilla) also didn't install, this is installed with the T-Mobile customization.See attachments for default Diamond TouchFlow 3D with HTC skin for WM6.1.

<_< ..The CAB did not install.. came up with an uninstall stuff, but the black skinz is great... Any reason why the CAB is not installing

Guest yorkshiretaff

Sorry to butt into the thread, but can these be successfully installed over the top of the bog standard T-Mo C-IV? I've had a nightmare with Config Setup v0.6.7 installing a lovely theme but slowing down the TF3D (see http://www.modaco.com/content/htc-diamond-...ompact-iv-down/). What other differences are there that you know about?

Paul (MPV), a quick question for you as our default guru; you're debranding cabs have been great for the E650, do you have anything in the pipeline for the T-Mo C-IV that you own?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm getting a little tired of hard resetting and rebuilding my C-IV... though getting good at it now.

Cheers...

Edited by yorkshiretaff

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Although this device is basically the same as the diamond, I think the device is far better looking. However, I think some of their design team should be strung up and beaten with a stocking full of wet s**t :P ........... :P

Great device though.

If you're gonna get the handbag, make sure you get the matching shoes too!!! :(

Guest Sarks
<_< ..The CAB did not install.. came up with an uninstall stuff, but the black skinz is great... Any reason why the CAB is not installing

Ok susd it...its quite simple....thanks to Killabie, for the manila.cab file. All u need to do to get rid of the pink and white of the MDA C4, is untick the TouchFlo 3D in settings\Today\items....Don't panic it will say u will loose Fav, etc. yes i guess so but so far so good for me i havn't lost anything that i sdon't know of....Run the manila.cab file, (be patient..) it will restart the device, go back to settings\Today\items and check the TouchFlo 3D, and hey presto....wicked HTC black...no more pink and white.. :D , u might want to restart after..... works for me...love the device :D

Guest yorkshiretaff
Ok susd it...its quite simple....thanks to Killabie, for the manila.cab file. All u need to do to get rid of the pink and white of the MDA C4, is untick the TouchFlo 3D in settings\Today\items....Don't panic it will say u will loose Fav, etc. yes i guess so but so far so good for me i havn't lost anything that i sdon't know of....Run the manila.cab file, (be patient..) it will restart the device, go back to settings\Today\items and check the TouchFlo 3D, and hey presto....wicked HTC black...no more pink and white.. :D , u might want to restart after..... works for me...love the device :D

I can also confirm that this method works great. Lovely interface and no affect that I can trace on performance. The only thing missing was the programs on the programs screen which took about a minute to put together again... no hassle at all. Thanks to all concerned with getting rid of the T-Mobile pink :angry:

Guest sammydeea

well that worked great for me... now im stuck on to how to sort mesenger out. ive goodgle messenger for pocket pc, and everyother wording for it poss but just cant find it. i did get one but after installing on phone ect it was just prety much a icon. clicking it to start messenger woulndt work, just a icon of it in the menu. does anyone have a link for messenger or advise me how to get it please

Guest estechco
well that worked great for me... now im stuck on to how to sort mesenger out. ive goodgle messenger for pocket pc, and everyother wording for it poss but just cant find it. i did get one but after installing on phone ect it was just prety much a icon. clicking it to start messenger woulndt work, just a icon of it in the menu. does anyone have a link for messenger or advise me how to get it please

Looks good for me too! :D

Hopefully I've got rid of the pink without having the speed issues etc related with the xda-developers route!

I'm also hopeful it might cure my earlier post

Edited by estechco

Guest mpampa

I have loaded the black skin/manula.cab over my pink T-mobile and it works ok too. Only remaining items are a) the Start menu has the old t-mobile background when touchflo 3d is running (it's black when its not!) and the Settings - Communications background is also the old t-mobile background.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Guest tankduck

Hey guys,

just tried doing the same thing with my mda compact 4, ie install the manila cab. Anyone else having problems with free space? After a huge cleanout all I can free up is 12mb!!!!! There is a 4gb storage which is barely in use, and i'm struggling to get a couple, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lexus1234
Run the manila.cab file, (be patient..) it will restart the device,

er, how long should this take ? phone has been stuck on the install screen for over 15 mins, is that normal ??!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chrissykes

Hi all, this worked a treat for me!!! Thanks for the info, i now have a stylish Compact IV that isnt pinky and whitey, but now black n grey!!!