In call sound volume on iPAQ 614c: increasing?

Guest sikittle

Guest sikittle

Hey,

Often, when in a call, I struggle to hear the other person even with the in call volume on max. Does anyone know a registry setting where this value can be increased even further?

I have no trouble hearing music/audio when playing MP3s or anything. And the other party in the call says they can hear me just fine.

Si

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GridBurn
Hey,

Often, when in a call, I struggle to hear the other person even with the in call volume on max. Does anyone know a registry setting where this value can be increased even further?

I have no trouble hearing music/audio when playing MP3s or anything. And the other party in the call says they can hear me just fine.

Si

I have nitoced this too, although it seem to be more a problem on the remote end as it doesn't happen all the time. When someone calls me and their line is very quiet I just switch to speaker and flip the phone over. (So that the speaker is against my ear.)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kevinbaby
I have nitoced this too, although it seem to be more a problem on the remote end as it doesn't happen all the time. When someone calls me and their line is very quiet I just switch to speaker and flip the phone over. (So that the speaker is against my ear.)

I came acrossed this tweak today. I remember reading your above topic a few weeks ago and thought the following may or may not help you.

In-call volume change without sound :

You can change the following values:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\LoudestInCallVolume

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\QuietestInCallVolume

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\StandardInCallVolume

within each of these keys the default 'Script' value is 'p' for 'play'

Change the 'Script' value to blank (erase the 'p')

No more annoying beeps and the volume changes quicker!

Edited by kevinbaby