Unlock Your Diamond For Free!

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
thumb_28-Jul-2008_diamond_unlocked.jpg

An anonymous source has just provided me with a link to a patched HTC Diamond radio which will SIM unlock your Diamond....for free! :D

Obviously, as the source is anonymous and I haven't rushed out to get myself a Diamond yet, I can't personally validate the claim so if you flash this radio, you do so at your own risk, we can't be held liable etc. etc. :D

How to free unlock your diamond.
Tools you need:
Hard spl 1.40 for diamond (locate it at xda-developers)
DiamondCustomsRUU.exe flasher (same locate it at xda-developers.. is included in any custom rom flasher )
atcmd.exe (search for it)

Steps:
1. Flash hard spl 1.40
2. Flash the radio included in this package
3. Send using atcmd this:
AT@SIMLOCK=0,1,22051978
AT@SIMLOCK=0,2,22051978
AT@SIMLOCK=0,4,22051978
AT@SIMLOCK=0,8,22051978
AT@SIMLOCK=0,16,22051978
AT@SIMLOCK=0,32,22051978

Voila. Unlocked.

Link removed - nedge

Guest hamstar50

hmmm..hard spl 1.40 for diamond? didn't know there was one..just searched xda still can't see it either...hmm...any pointers anyone?

Guest deadphill

Confucious, had you not better back up those claims?

Otherwise someone could end up on the end of a flame war, which I am sure all concerned could do without!

Cheers

Phill

Guest Chocolicious

Yeah it looks exactly like Oli's stolen solution and it does actually work.

it was posted in the Diamond Forum on XDA but was deleted when Olinex revealed it was his solution that someone had stolen.

Edited by Chocolicious

Guest Neil5459
hmmm..hard spl 1.40 for diamond? didn't know there was one..just searched xda still can't see it either...hmm...any pointers anyone?

Look in the XDA-Devs Diamond ROM development forum

The Olinex Developer Unsigned Hard SPL is the 1.40 version. Their Signed version is 1.30 and there are a couple of others floating around as well.

I concur with Confuscious- this SIM Unlocker is the one Olipro asked NOT to be released in the wild yet due to it still being B tested by invited participants, in case things go wrong.

Unfortunately, once someone releases an unauthorised copy it doesn't take long before it becomes widely disseminated. Oli will release a full version once it's stable :D

Guest Confucious
Confucious, had you not better back up those claims?

If someone wants to claim this as their own I will apologise and give them credit.

If it is Olinex's then they have other reasons for not releasing it yet and it REALLY should not be out in the public domain.

Guest cmonex

oh god, this is getting tiring. of course Confucious is right, it is OliNex unlocker.

BTW, OliNex = Olipro + cmonex so if someone posts this, they are ripping me off too.

this anonymous source is very "nice" about trying to pass it on as his work.

Edited by cmonex

Guest Mysterious Stranger
oh god, this is getting tiring. of course Confucious is right, it is OliNex unlocker.

BTW, OliNex = Olipro + cmonex so if someone posts this, they are ripping me off too.

So what's the deal exactly? Is it becuase it is buggy or becuase he's turned into Florin that it's not for general release?

Buggy I can understand why, but people are reporting success so it must be ok. We don't need another IMEI-check thanks...

M.S

Wow cmonex! Great to see you over here on MoDaCo.

If cmonex says it is not ready, I would definitely believe her. Best to wait for the official release!

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

We have been provided a link to a free unlocker for the HTC Diamond which, I have on good authority, works. We are not hosting the software, merely reporting it's existance.

Guest florin_m

So lets make few things clear:

This crack is NOT done by imei-check and never been claim as OUR work! If we wanted to do this we will put on our site and asked for donation (just like olipro and pof did with out software). We are not as low as that :D

Few things to remember:

IMEI-check WROTE the unlockers for windows mobile.

Olipro and few others comes along crack them, rips them off and release them for free claiming them as their OWN work.

Everyone sees olipro as a GOD.

Imei-check stops releasing new software (starting from diamond) due of been sick that our software been cracked and released under some other names claiming been their work and asking for donation money.

Olipro makes the diamond radio patch and sells the solution to indian customers(from what i heard was over 19K value...), which cracked his software and release it on the internet.

It gets publish on nearly every forum and few h later always gets deleted .

We imei-check never had this privileged before :angry:(

Note to olipro: YOU STILL USE OUR COPYRIGHTED ICON IN YOUR LAME UNLOCKER! Legal actions are in process!

Now olipro to keep stay as a "hero" pretends is a beta test software. Was no software in that rar in the rapid share, just a radio patch, and as you always claimed on xda-developers is NO copyright in a nbh file... so why the hell you keep asking to take it off :D ???

Face it mate is hurts isn't it? Thats how we felt as well when you did it to our own software!!!

Is hard to see when you spend lots of time to develop something and someone comes along and crack it and release it for free. Unfortunately this always been in the GSM business :(

Guest Confucious

It was removed from XDA as the method posted in your first post was 'stolen' from the Olinex. People publishing what they find on XDA or here for that matter is applauded, people stealing other peoples work is not.

Posting a freely available radio ROM is not the issue, passing off other peoples ideas as your own is IMHO despicable, especially as the only way this could have been leaked in the first place is by someone the Olinex originally helped. Your source probably got it from a thread that was removed from XDA as they have morals there.

Guest florin_m
It was removed from XDA as the method posted in your first post was 'stolen' from the Olinex. People publishing what they find on XDA or here for that matter is applauded, people stealing other peoples work is not.

Posting a freely available radio ROM is not the issue, passing off other peoples ideas as your own is IMHO despicable, especially as the only way this could have been leaked in the first place is by someone the Olinex originally helped. Your source probably got it from a thread that was removed from XDA as they have morals there.

Sorry but i don't get it.. When the imei-check work was STOLEN and posted on the net nobody said that. So what is the difference here. He stolen, and showed how he stolen and published the stolen work and this makes it ok??? (as he showed how to steal it???) Please clarify this for me.

HE USED OUR IDEAS IN HIS WORK AND NOBODY hold our side . WE INVENTED the soft SPL. WE PATCH fist the bootloader and loaded in ram and booted from it so we can flash unsiged roms. THEY analysed OUR work and release as their OWN invention! How is called this???

Please check the facts before you make such claims mate!

Sorry but i don't get it.. When the imei-check work was STOLEN and posted on the net nobody said that. So what is the difference here. He stolen, and showed how he stolen and published the stolen work and this makes it ok??? (as he showed how to steal it???) Please clarify this for me.

HE USED OUR IDEAS IN HIS WORK AND NOBODY hold our side . WE INVENTED the soft SPL. WE PATCH fist the bootloader and loaded in ram and booted from it so we can flash unsiged roms. THEY analysed OUR work and release as their OWN invention! How is called this???

I don't like it but I agree. Complaining someone's hacked your 'work' that is itself based on hacked work from someone else's hacked work is morally dubious and legally unenforcable. The xda-devs posts were taken down out of defference, not for any good reason IMO. It seems it's OK to hack/steal IP until it's your work that's being hacked....

M.S

Guest cmonex

hello florin,

you please check the facts before making such claims.

the SSPL used by xda-devs was made by Des. not by you. period.

if you had another SSPL then that is coincidence. do not call Des a thief.

then pof adapted haret source to make jumpspl which replaced Des SSPL. I witnessed all that as a forum user.

as for copying hermes radio patches, I wasn't around at that point so I can't talk about this as a witness, but I'm told what happened was:

pof analyzed your patches then ported them to other radios.

now whether that is stealing or not, is subjective, I guess. I wouldn't call it stealing, but they were using your ideas perhaps.

the nike unlocker, sedna unlocker, diamond unlocker, polaris unlocker and kaiser unlocker are totally different and independent. this is fully our own work.

(for example, the radio firmware is now nowhere near like the hermes etc in terms of security so it is not easy to do the unlocking patches either.)

and this case is clearly stealing, because someone just took our files and posted them on the internet / sent it to people. without any understanding of the program / radio even.

so please stop moaning, and also... it is interesting that the readme in the previously posted package has the same points you list:

program icon, copyright arguments, and calling olipro lolipro (as for the latter, I remember you used "lolipro" on your site at one point).

one final request: please don't start claiming outright lies. 19K? yeah I wish we had got 19K pounds from diamond unlocker :D

Edited by cmonex

Guest Olipro

you invented SSPL first you say? who cares, nobody used (or does to this day) any part of it.

to remove signing, you can either replace the 0x8009006 error code or patch the return code of TransferMSCertBuffer after disassembly... one is faster than the other, but to suggest that using the 0x8009006 error code patch (which is well documented in MSDN for those who want to know what it actually means) is theft is just bloody daft.

Hard-SPL and Soft-SPL of course are their own respective works, though they're very similar, nobody ever used any part of your work to implement this because it would be utterly useless to try, the end effect is the same.

As for you not enjoying the same rights... that's wrong too, as I recall, a piece of your software for Hermes did get ripped off; it allowed people to downgrade SPL (back in the days when downgrading SPL was necessary for a sim unlock) and then that software was removed at your request, because, it was indeed, your stuff.

What you (and I) don't have the right to get removed is an original work that doesn't copy the software itself but does have an originally created implementation of the same technique... doing that means it's generated from scratch... Dunlop and Michelin both manufacture tyres, but just because Dunlop made them first doesn't mean Michelin stole the idea... they use their own fabrication, they didn't clone the stuff in Dunlop's factory.

As you say

"please check the facts before you make such claims"

Guest florin_m

No point argue with you guys :D

I'm only 1 , you are few. facts are there for the people to see them for the ones which REALLY want to see the truth.

Anyway, if the radio posted on net NOT working as you claim and that the "master" will release soon something final for free, why so much trouble???

This should only add more "fame" to you... But i think this "fight" for remove is due to financial stuff (still trying to make money out of it :D ) Welcome to the dark side of the force :angry:

Welcome to the dark side of the force :D

Love it. :D

M.S

'something, something, something, darkside....'

Guest Olipro
Face it mate is hurts isn't it? Thats how we felt as well when you did it to our own software!!!

Is hard to see when you spend lots of time to develop something and someone comes along and crack it and release it for free. Unfortunately this always been in the GSM business :D

a "from the ground-up" production is different to a verbatim copy, and I will reiterate again how you had no problem getting the ripped off downgrader taken off.

You can't make the same arguement however when someone grabs a stock HTC bit of code and then makes a modification based on the same concept; this is exactly why software patents are crap, there's only so many ways to skin a proverbial cat.

Guest cmonex

I'm only 1 , you are few. facts are there for the people to see them for the ones which REALLY want to see the truth.

Anyway, if the radio posted on net NOT working as you claim and that the "master" will release soon something final for free, why so much trouble???

This should only add more "fame" to you... But i think this "fight" for remove is due to financial stuff (still trying to make money out of it :D ) Welcome to the dark side of the force :angry:

nobody said the final is free for people who haven't contributed anything to the community, instead just want to resell the software for money.

and you are right, we are not 1, we are 2, as OliNex is two people. I'm the other person who worked on this diamond unlocker so:

that means, if you are arguing with Olipro about the diamond unlocker, you are also arguing with me. tell me what you are going to call me in future stolen packages, since "lolipro" and "master" don't apply.

Guest Olipro

I don't have anything against IMEI-Check and I equally feel that your right to protect people ripping your stuff is fair.

Let's just say for example someone cracked one of your EXEs; ripped out Themida and laid it bare - that's evidently your work still, and hence, not on... of course, it's an occupational hazard of the game.

But, let's now say instead, someone examines what the program actually does, for arguement's sake, let's say you do a patch to the AMSS... if they extract the AMSS you patched, again, that's not fairplay.

If they analyse the technique, take a stock AMSS, patch it with fresh code from an adapted idea... they've now done their own work, it's an original unlocker. (case in point, the Hermes radio; it wasn't based on one you yourself did, pof sent me the source code to the stuff he wrote to figure out how to patch a fresh AMSS)

At the end of the day, you don't owe anyone anything to release it for free, but, trying to stifle others original creations isn't fair play either...

And we both know you're not exactly short of the sexy stuff either... after HTC whipped rtask out of the SPL, you had no problems nabbing yourself an MFG for the Trinity, though, I'm surprised you never figured out the function to route the two ports together was still there if you can be bothered to add a small function to call it in unused code space.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.