SMS times and dates conflicting with outlook

Guest shaggyguitarist

Guest shaggyguitarist

I have a strange problem.

Im running Windows vista and an SPV3100. I use Windows mobile device centre to sync with outlook and have had very few problems. I also have Jeyo Mobile extender for outlook to sync my text messages

Lately I wasnt syncing as often, and there were lots of text messages to copy to my laptop. When it finished I noticed that the dates and times of recieving the text messages in outlook were different from the times on the phone.

On the phone it showed th actual recieving time, wheras on outlook it showed the time for all new mesages as the time when I synchronised. I have tried to reconnect and soft reset, then re-sync but doesnt seem to work.

I dont want to delete all messages from outlook and re sync, as I have them all organised into folders in outlook.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a simple fix?

• 1 month later...
Guest shaggyguitarist
I have a strange problem.

Im running Windows vista and an SPV3100. I use Windows mobile device centre to sync with outlook and have had very few problems. I also have Jeyo Mobile extender for outlook to sync my text messages

Lately I wasnt syncing as often, and there were lots of text messages to copy to my laptop. When it finished I noticed that the dates and times of recieving the text messages in outlook were different from the times on the phone.

On the phone it showed th actual recieving time, wheras on outlook it showed the time for all new mesages as the time when I synchronised. I have tried to reconnect and soft reset, then re-sync but doesnt seem to work.

I dont want to delete all messages from outlook and re sync, as I have them all organised into folders in outlook.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know of a simple fix?

Took a while, but finally figured out how to fix it. I went on another forum (jeyo) and just changed the outlook feild from recieved to sent. Seems the recieved feild logs the time outlook recieved the messages from my phone, wheras sent is the time my phone recieved the message, if you get my drift.