usb device not recognized

Guest bige1919

Guest bige1919

trying to connect my q9h to my xp sp2 laptop for active sync and i'm getting "usb device not recognized". in the device manager it sees it as unknown device and says the drivers aren't installed, but it can't find any to install. i've tried on two different computers, ruled out the usb cableand done a hard reset with no success. it connects to active sync successfully via bluetooth.

i've done a lot of searching and i'm starting to run out of ideas. i think it's a problem with the phone since it won't work on two separate computers that it used to work on. any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Guest bige1919

hard reset twice, still not working. charging with ac adapter works, but usb to computer "usb device not recognized"

I have no idea what it could be, not the computer(tried on 3 different computers), not the usb cable, (tried two cables), installed usb drivers from motorola, windows up to date, hard resets on the phone, phone is working fine except for this. it had worked until a few days ago and then bam, nothing. this is so annoying i have no idea what the hell is wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spaceman1138
hard reset twice, still not working. charging with ac adapter works, but usb to computer "usb device not recognized"

I have no idea what it could be, not the computer(tried on 3 different computers), not the usb cable, (tried two cables), installed usb drivers from motorola, windows up to date, hard resets on the phone, phone is working fine except for this. it had worked until a few days ago and then bam, nothing. this is so annoying i have no idea what the hell is wrong.

It's possible That the USB connector in the phone has a fault.. There is Gnd 5v data gnd pinouts in the connector. It would still be possible to charge the phone but not achieve a sync.. Try plugging in the cable to the phone and hold the phone toward you... gently move the cable connector toward you. If there was a broken soldier joint,this might complete the connection .... hope this might shine some light on your problem, It's frustrating when simple things don't work... I had the same message on my computer when my little daughter was chewing on the cable.. It charged but the data pins were compromised..

Edited by spaceman1138