A new Smartphone from Motorola? The Alexander?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
motorolaalexander.jpg
What? Someone is still making Smartphones? Thanks goodness for that!

Leak-meister-deluxe BoyGenius is spilling the means on a new Motorola Device - the 'Alexander' (pictured here), which is said to feature...
  • Windows Mobile 6.1 (with some sort of custom homescreen it seems)
  • 5-8 megapixel camera
  • NVIDIA 3D graphics chip
  • aGPS

...due for release in Q4.

Thoughts? :D

P

Guest juliankay

A new smartphone! About time! I agree with Paul.. "Thanks goodness for that!"

Though I'd much rather have one with just a normal 12 key layout, I'll have a look at this one when we get more info.

Guest trevormuk

Given my recent posts on being fed up with ppc touch screen, any news on new smartphones.... I thought ... yeah!! my prayers have been answered.

However not only does this thing look ugly... it is sooooo huge!!! Why oh why can't they (htc and others) produce a normal size phone 100mm - 108mm x 44mm - 48mm x 15mm - 18mm !!!

Oh well... still using my C600... and loving it

Cheers

T

Guest mobieg

I would like to try it first and see what they do with 6.1 which everyone seems to be doing something different, but you would have to say that it looks like motorola is going in the right direction for once since the razr its all gone downhill for them.

Guest Dark Horse

Man, this moby is a real moose, it looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!

But frankly, I don't really care how a moby looks as long as it's small and light and this Moto could deliver, especially those keys that look delicious for tapping out SMS and emails. If it has Wifi too, it's a potential result :D

If that screen is QVGA portrait, wouldn't it make the Moto the first QWERTY handset with this resolution (not including HTC S710 that is QVGA landscape when using the full keyboard)?

Edited by Dark Horse

Guest Gorskar

Looks like it'll be pretty square when slid closed, which in my experience doesn't make it very pocket-friendly.

I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Guest mikeeey

is this that new Nvidia chip that is supposed to run quake 3 flawless??

the devce seems so good! but shame it's not a pocket pc, and too bad it has such a horrible appearance.

Edited by mikeeey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.