The HK 1.93 Rom Update is it worth it and how do i get it?

Guest jmelville

Guest jmelville

Hi,

Been reading people mention the 1.93 update to the Diamond and i've just tried to get hold of it from the HTC HK site. I've registered, but when i click the download link it just reloads the page and nothing happens. Does anyone know of anywhere else i can get hold of it?

Is it actually worth installing? Would it be better for an official UK update? I'm not really into installing cooked roms, I just want some of the niggles fixed on my diamond and for it to drain less battery. For a start I understand that it's stopped the screen from swicthing off after 5 secs of a call, which was especially annoying when i tried to call orange and had to go turn the phone back on every time i wanted to chose another menu option on their support line.

Sorry if this is a re-post i did do a search.

DuttyThroy.net hosts them also.

The one downloadable from HTC is this file: RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE_1.93.405.1_Radio_Signed_Diamond_52.29.25.12_1.00.25.05_Ship.

xe

(That's for me as a UK user, just to clarify)

Edited by SSR

Guest jmelville
DuttyThroy.net hosts them also.

The one downloadable from HTC is this file: RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE_1.93.405.1_Radio_Signed_Diamond_52.29.25.12_1.00.25.05_Ship.

xe

(That's for me as a UK user, just to clarify)

They have a newer one by the looks of it,

RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE_1.93.707.1_Radio_Signed_Diamond_52.29.25.12_1.00.25.05_Ship.

xe

Thanks for the help!

Now is it worth it?

Guest jmelville
How do I use one of the newer roms on an Orange device? I get an invalid vendor ID for those.

Me too unfortunatly. I'm guessing you have to unlock the phone first. That's a last resort for me, so i've emailed orange and asked when you will be able to officially get this update from them. I'm still not sure if i want to keep the phone and i don;t think they'd be happy if i sent back an unlocked phone.

Guest Monolithix

You need to install what's called a "hardspl", this is a low level piece of code which allows you to flash on any ROM image for the device you like (and should stop you from ever being able to brick the device to boot!)

You can grab it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=400950, have a read through of the thread there for more info.

Guest Jakkin

I have 1.93, 1.5 release from Dutty, flashed mine a few times this is the most stable and speedy rom so far. Recommended, it's very easy to flash, take 10min and fail safe.

Guest jmelville
I have 1.93, 1.5 release from Dutty, flashed mine a few times this is the most stable and speedy rom so far. Recommended, it's very easy to flash, take 10min and fail safe.

Has it improved battery life at all, that's really my main concern with this phone. Got my second diamond yesterday, took it off charge at 8:30 this morning and it's now at 48% with only 10 hours gone. Worst thing is i've hardly used it. Was hoping the new rom would make the thing use less power

Guest firkinfedup
You need to install what's called a "hardspl", this is a low level piece of code which allows you to flash on any ROM image for the device you like (and should stop you from ever being able to brick the device to boot!)

You can grab it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=400950, have a read through of the thread there for more info.

cheers for the information dude that's fantastic, i'm gonna have a go at re-flashing my phone shortly :D

Guest firkinfedup
cheers for the information dude that's fantastic, i'm gonna have a go at re-flashing my phone shortly :D

Wohoo! I'm now using the RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE_1.93.707.1_Radio_Signed_Diamond_52.29.25.12_1.00.25.05_Ship ROM and everything appears to be running smoothly, and noticably faster, unless it's my imagination.

Guest Jakkin
Has it improved battery life at all, that's really my main concern with this phone. Got my second diamond yesterday, took it off charge at 8:30 this morning and it's now at 48% with only 10 hours gone. Worst thing is i've hardly used it. Was hoping the new rom would make the thing use less power

It's a "charge-daily" phone let's face it, I am not concerned about the battery life so I haven't really taken notice on this, however the menus are faster and GPS starts within 10 seconds.

Guest sHAYMAN

Anybody installed on a MDA Compact IV? I really dont want to mess up my warranty, but cant see T-Mobile pushing out any updates soon?! Would even be nice to have the T-Mobile original rom to download as backup :D

Guest tmohammad
Anybody installed on a MDA Compact IV? I really dont want to mess up my warranty, but cant see T-Mobile pushing out any updates soon?! Would even be nice to have the T-Mobile original rom to download as backup :D

I did, and it was really bad. Sucked up more battery than the stock ROM! Also crashed on me a couple of times. Lost my Internet connection setttings too.

If you are only trying to get rid of the horrendous purple theme, then search for the Manila Cab and just run that. It will only change the theme.

Hope that helps.