Update to Windows Mobile 6.1

Guest jodders

Guest tsutton
I'd hold off if I was you. The official Samsung WM6.1 ROM should be out in the next few weeks.

Has Samsung said that? Or other sources?

Thanks for sharing.

Guest ~DC:UK~
Has Samsung said that? Or other sources?

Thanks for sharing.

It has been mentioned a lot in a lot of Windows Mobile dedicated sites and it's widely believed that Samsung are updating all their current devices to WM6.1 as it will not cost them anything for the licenses (the Omnia for example has just had a WM6.1 ROM released by Samsung, and can be done via the internet, so no service center required).

The main reason for believing these stories is thanks to the press release from Microsoft when they announced WM6.1 was shipping. They boasted about the number of PDA manufacturers and devices that would be offering free updates to WM6.1 and the i780 was listed as a device that would be receiving the update.

Also, some people have reported being told by Samsung support staff that 6.1 is indeed on the way and I reckon the release will probably coincide with the release of the US version of the i780 (i788 I think it will be called). It will need the 6.1 update if it is to compete with the Palm Treo Pro, which offers identical form factor.

• 1 month later...