i780 Turns itself off - battery removal to revive

Guest Matx

Hi Everyone,

A problem with my i780 just developed last night. For some reason it’s now turning itself off after ~20mins idle. The only way to revive it is to remove the battery, replace it and then turn the phone on again.

No new apps were installed over the last week. Weird, unfortunately I reckon it’s a hardware issue. Anybody else with the same experiences?

I have to say that apart from the problem above and the difficulty to read the screen in sunlight, I’m very please with the i780… only problem is that both of these issues are almost show-stoppers…

Cheers,

Matx.

UPDATE:

I've been using the replacement battery for most of today with no problem. It must have been the battery. A little odd since the "faulty" battery is/was almost fully charged.

Anybody experience something similar? I hope it doesn't happen with the other battery...

Pretty lucky we're supplied with a replacement battery...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jim.brandon
UPDATE:

I've been using the replacement battery for most of today with no problem. It must have been the battery. A little odd since the "faulty" battery is/was almost fully charged.

Anybody experience something similar? I hope it doesn't happen with the other battery...

Pretty lucky we're supplied with a replacement battery...

Matx,

Yes, I am experiencing a similar problem. When I switch on my i780 in the morning, most of the times (not all the times) it attempts to switch on, but stops in the middle of the procedure, even if the battery was almost fully charged when I switched the phone off. I have to replace the battery in order to be able to switch it on. It's not a battery problem because it happens with both batteries I have. Moreover this morning after this event occurred again, I removed the battery and reinstalled it (the same) and the phone worked properly again.

Any help out there?

Thanks in advance.

JB

Edited by jim.brandon

Bad news (for me at least and perhaps others)... after a day the same thing happened with the second battery. Same as Jim. A day or two after that the phone could not be switched on at all. It's now getting fixed under warranty. A bit disappointing, especially since I bought it at Changi Airport in Singapore and now have to send it to Singapore from Oz to get fixed (won't make that mistake again!).

Matx,

Yes, I am experiencing a similar problem. When I switch on my i780 in the morning, most of the times (not all the times) it attempts to switch on, but stops in the middle of the procedure, even if the battery was almost fully charged when I switched the phone off. I have to replace the battery in order to be able to switch it on. It's not a battery problem because it happens with both batteries I have. Moreover this morning after this event occurred again, I removed the battery and reinstalled it (the same) and the phone worked properly again.

Any help out there?

Thanks in advance.

JB