ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest diggedag
hi! everyone :D . who from any country , want to UPDATE ROM your OMNIA phone.( with any problem )

I show you how ! don't worry what version on your phone just change to SINGAPORE, VIETNAM..region

step1:

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESet (thanks PAUL)

use window XP to update : vista not recomment {if not use VWware workstation any install windowXP , (remember choose BRIDGE netwok) }
    INSTALL omnia drive for XP
    INSTALL ActiveSnyc 4.5
    check: make sure OMNIA conect to PC
    Press on POWER omnia >>>>OFF and reconect to PC
    Press on POWER omnia >>>>ON
    RUN UPDATE and press on SESET hole(neal power )>>>you OMNIA will reset and stop on OMNIA screen >> start bar(on pc) is on
    Press START

woh ! just waiting is auto UPDATE (if stuck on 70% or...%)>> wait 30m (if nothing happen)>> restart PC, take off OMNIA batery.
    and start AGANE

JOB DONE! woh !! :P i know smile on your face :D but not done yet!
    is auto reset 1 time(5m)>>>> reset2(2m) >>>reset3 OK (just TAP on Align Screen)
    STEP3:

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
    • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
    • Select 'Preconfiguration'
    • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
    • Select 'YOUR CONTRYS', with the default Operator(your network in your contrys)
    • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESet (thanks PAUL)

DONE! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

your luky day hhaah>>>> call for your girl>>>go out tonight (if no girl friend >>>>CALLgirl :P ) i'm jokeing

OK enjone YOUR OMNIA

OMNIA can beat IPHONE??? YESS >>>just dowload

SPB shell

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/m...ownload.html?it

and skin for SPB

http://tinhte.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99461

;)

ok see U ! every one ! HAVE 9 DAY :o :lol:

The website for the skins is in some gibberish I don't understand (Vietnamese?). Which link should I click?

Guest markkohfm

I just update via XP to HI3 but during the updating process, at the installation of the phone portion, it switched to USB to phone and my installation hung as my com detected the phone as a new hardware and tried installing drivers. Had to soft reset but thankfully i was still able to boot up the phone. Upon checking the version, i now had HI3 as software and HH3 as phone. anyone knows why this happened?

Guest X-t-r-e-m-e
I just update via XP to HI3 but during the updating process, at the installation of the phone portion, it switched to USB to phone and my installation hung as my com detected the phone as a new hardware and tried installing drivers. Had to soft reset but thankfully i was still able to boot up the phone. Upon checking the version, i now had HI3 as software and HH3 as phone. anyone knows why this happened?

Dunno had the same problem. The flasher reported something like port failure and after exiting, disconnecting my phone, take out the battery it automatically worked again. I now have DXHI3 and BOHH2 so my guess is it couldnt flash the phone software BOHH2 and it only updated my PDA to DXHI3. Not sure though and don't know why it happened. Maybe branded?

Guest markkohfm

I have finally updated to HI3. All i can say is that no matter what, even if you fail to complete the update each time you try, just take out the battery and try again and you will eventually succeed!

hi paul

i appreciate ur efforts

i have an omnia in india and it has

rom version hi5

its very fast and very good

how can i dump it so that all of u can also enjoy its benefits

hi mae, the thing is don't use windowVISTA to update. if U don't, use VWworkstasion (seach on internet or pm for me to get the link)

i live in SWINDON, with any OMNIA any vision, just do HARDRESET to SINGAPORE and then DO full UPDATE (nomaly way) Lates is HI3

and then do HARDRESET agane to XX uk

take care !

Cheers for reply. Tried using an old xp laptop and using Ice Mans instructions. Everything went fine till I did the work round for missing com port problem. Did the soft reset after "hardware installed" message and nothing. One bricked Omnia! Just got the red power light after trying to restart it. It was under 14 days so got a doorstep swap! :D

My new one is-

PDA: i900XXHHD/ACHH3

Phone: i900BUHH2

Think I'll wait a while before I try again!!! I was hoping to sort out the Vodaphone Reception though!! :lol:

Guest gillestuur
hi paul

i appreciate ur efforts

i have an omnia in india and it has

rom version hi5

its very fast and very good

how can i dump it so that all of u can also enjoy its benefits

Would be terrific, is there a way?

Guest vinster345

Sorry if its been asked before, but am I right in thinking that any update of the rom will wipe out my installed applications (got about 10 at the moment). Might not risk it at the moment as phone seems to be working fine, but if it doesn't wipe out applications, I might give it a go (already updated to DXHH1 - PDA and Phone before installed stuff!)

Guest RodolfoG
Sorry if its been asked before, but am I right in thinking that any update of the rom will wipe out my installed applications (got about 10 at the moment). Might not risk it at the moment as phone seems to be working fine, but if it doesn't wipe out applications, I might give it a go (already updated to DXHH1 - PDA and Phone before installed stuff!)

It does wipe out everything.

Guest gillestuur

Im on HI3 and now when i try to send an SMS, most time but not always the the following messages shows up;

"Message undeliverable. Make sure the text message address was entered correctly and try again."

When i try agian when i'm going to drafts, he sends it without any problems. Weird, is it a HI3 bug maybe?

Edited by gillestuur

Guest visions77
I heard that ROM DXHI3 is not official, it is the case?

what is the latest Official English ROM?

HJ1 is out.. can anyone upload to mediafire? So difficult to get from rapidshare.

Guest Ice Man
Cheers for reply. Tried using an old xp laptop and using Ice Mans instructions. Everything went fine till I did the work round for missing com port problem. Did the soft reset after "hardware installed" message and nothing. One bricked Omnia! Just got the red power light after trying to restart it. It was under 14 days so got a doorstep swap! :D

My new one is-

PDA: i900XXHHD/ACHH3

Phone: i900BUHH2

Think I'll wait a while before I try again!!! I was hoping to sort out the Vodaphone Reception though!! :lol:

Sorry to hear that, sounds like either the driver didnt install properly or (just checking) did you restart the app before pressing reset?

I've read some posts on the Vodafone forum, and that looks like the latest voda branded rom as they state it is HH3, this has many bugs fixed (personally i think that HH3 is a good rom and no real need to go above for now), Voda have said they will be releasing it for download soon for user update, with respect to the reception issue, no rom upgrade will fix this its vodafones network its going from bad to worse recently with dropping calls and having pi** poor reception in old good hotspots!

Edited by Ice Man

Guest Preceptor

HJ1 is out.. can anyone upload to mediafire? So difficult to get from rapidshare.

You didn't answer my question explicitly.

1) Is DXHI3 is an official ROM?

2) Are you saying the DXHJ1 is an offical one?

3) If both answers are NO, then what is the latest ENGLISH OFFICIAL ROM?

Edited by Preceptor

Guest Preceptor
Define official!

They are built by Samsung for their service centers, but not released publicly. In my mind, that makes them official.

P

good remark ... Official enough so that no samsung support will come back and say that the ROM is not official => warranty void

If it a good and clear definition (to my point of view :lol: )

here (french website), it seems that neither DXHI3 nor DXHJ1 are official => WARRANTY VOID POSSIBLE

http://www.samsungplayeraddict.com/spa_v15...r&Itemid=56

Edited by Preceptor