Paul's must have FREE i900 Omnia software

Guest PaulOBrien

http://www.jaylee.org/RemoteControl/

With this software, you will be able to control remotely your desktop mouse and keyboard, applications like Winamp, iTunes, the Windows Mixer, the Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Media Player Classic, PowerDVD and the Vista's Media Center. You'll also be able to pause your favorite music software when the phone rings, then play it back when you hang up. You'll also be able to extend the application to add your own application.

Love to have this to navigate my powerpoint presentation remotely using Omnia. I have tried to pair the software in Omnia with PC but always fail probably due to limitation with samsung bluetooth stack.

Can someone here kindly try this free software and solve the bluetooth stacks problem.

Edited by mapla

Guest Reuben (MY)
http://www.jaylee.org/RemoteControl/

With this software, you will be able to control remotely your desktop mouse and keyboard, applications like Winamp, iTunes, the Windows Mixer, the Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Media Player Classic, PowerDVD and the Vista's Media Center. You'll also be able to pause your favorite music software when the phone rings, then play it back when you hang up. You'll also be able to extend the application to add your own application.

Love to have this to navigate my powerpoint presentation remotely using Omnia. I have tried to pair the software in Omnia with PC but always fail probably due to limitation with samsung bluetooth stack.

Can someone here kindly try this free software and solve the bluetooth stacks problem.

I'll give a try.

(Sorry, it seems that this app causes problems: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...lean-installed/) - Have installed on my Omnia - it works just fine!

The great free app is pmClean 1.07 from pocketMax

Simple cleanup tool to improve free memory and fix the Notification bug in WM 2003 / WM 5.0 / WM 6.0 that causes slowdowns and alarm problems

You can find it here: http://www.pocketmax.net/redial.html

You can download it here: http://www.pocketmax.net/_d/pmClean.arm.cab

On this page there are also others free apps from Bruce, but as I have no Omnia for instance (hope will have it in 2 days) I can not try it.

Edited by 200mpx

Does this work on the Omnia yet? Only I installed it but it does not seem to work.

All I get is:

An error massage cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it cannot be found.

Same problem. ;)

hi every body

excuse my bad english

i am a french cooker trinity rom

Can you help me for tools for cooking i900 .

tazio tool or ervius tool not compatible omnia I 900 .

do you have link for tool , for dump rom and rebuild rom ?

thank's for your reponse.

My rom NIAX+OGGi FRENCH trinity for xda dev. or CHANVI +OGGi Planete htc .com

Guest the-jackal

Anyone using Batti 2.4? I am having issues with it. If i touch the bar to see what level I am at it freezes the phone and I have to reset it. ;)

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: It seems its not the battery bar that freezes the phone but the start menu. I can get into Batti if I go to programmes but that's it. If I press Start the phone requires a reset. :-(

Edited by the-jackal

Have you gents downloaded the most recent Google Maps for mobile onto your phones? The one with street view and walking directions?

I downloaded it and I thought it would just reinstall over the version that came with the ROM, but it doesn't prompt me to uninstall or overwrite the old version. I don't want to go ahead and mess it up, requiring me to hard reset.

Guest Geronymous
Have you gents downloaded the most recent Google Maps for mobile onto your phones? The one with street view and walking directions?

I downloaded it and I thought it would just reinstall over the version that came with the ROM, but it doesn't prompt me to uninstall or overwrite the old version. I don't want to go ahead and mess it up, requiring me to hard reset.

Was same here... go ahead and install. No problem.

Have installed pmClean on my Omnia - it works fine!

i use Clear Temp, work great. installed pmClean few days ago, my phone had to re-start 45 times and then i got rid of the pmClean

Was same here... go ahead and install. No problem.

That's I did it anyway. I don't know if it freed up some space on my device memory though?

Anyway, the transit feature is freaking awesome! I don't take the bus often, but it's especially useful for someone who doesn't ride transit often and doesn't know the routes.

Here is another great app from efrost, very simple but it is what just I was needed to add to gesture in his FTouchSL to launch progs, a kind of sur mesure from efrost ;) :

SimpL

Just copy exe to your device and create a folder SimpL in device root (in My Device/). The shortcuts of apps you want to launch should be in this folder.

The UI interface is more that simple, minimalistic. After launching exe you have a window with apps' icons similar to Start Menu/Programs but only with apps you need. After launching an application SimpL closes itself and do not stay in memory.

SimpL.exe

Hi,

for whom like me had problems trying to install a new firmwire because the update program used to go in timeout been unable to find the device, i've resolved in this way:

uninstall activesync

cleen the pc system register (need to delete all the voices in the register referred to activesync)

restart the pc

reinstall acticesync

reinstall samsung modem drivers

connect the device via usb cable waiting for activesync to recognize the omnia and check also that the pc recognize the device via samsung modem drivers

start the update program

turn off the thevice (always connected via usb)

turn on the device, in this moment the upgrade procedure had to recognize the device and enable the start button

click the start nutton and wait for the procedure to end

GAME MADE!!!! ;)

i hope to help whom like me tried for two days to upgrade his omnia without success!

Bye!

Is there an application that logs the amount of data used on the internet so I dont go over my 500mb per month? Cheers

SPB GPRS Monitor does this and has options for daily and monthly warning levels as well as logging and reporting on both ingoing and outgoing data. It's not free though, unless you want to break the law ;)

Edited by 3shirts

can someone recommend me some alternative Dialer for Omnia, Minimal DIALER is very fine but don't support WQVGA.

Maybe there is a posibility to make VITO funcontact as a dialer ?