Paul's must have FREE i900 Omnia software

Guest PaulOBrien

Yes thats the problem - I wish to have both - is there a software that does that?

I have set up my Omnia so that a press and Hold of the End Call key stops all data transitions. Also I enabled Lock on wake, this is fast as you don't have to hit lock then power to turn off the screen you just hit power. If a button is pressed the phone will wake up but in a locked state so jobs a goodun.

Hope this helps

;^D

Is there an application that can disconnect GPRS/EDGE/3G connection with a single button when you are connected?

If so please advise as I used to kill the active connection on my TyTn by pressing the end button.

Yehh the same way, go into settings and you can set a press and hold of the end call button to stop data calls and then I enabled lock on wake, so if a button is pressed to wake the phone up it cant do anything as the phone is locked (I used to use the end call key to lock) This is a good solution as before I hade to hit lock then power to put the phone in standby, now I just hit the power button.

Sweet

:lol:

Guest Magpie2000k

Or use slide to unlock and then hit power button and locks automatically . Plus it locks if device not used for a while incase you forget

Great piece of software wouldnt be without it

Guest the-jackal
Is there an application like ibeer or ipint that works on the omnia?

I think there is one called Diamond beer or something like that.

Edited by the-jackal

Guest sheffield_rob
I think there is one called Diamond beer or something like that.

I tried that but when I click to open it once installing it a message appears saying "error unable to load sensor DLL"

Guest tryflv2008
Hi Paul,

New in this smart phone game, just bought a omnia, love it to bits just about got the emails send to my phone working. So just wondering if you can help and give me some advise.

I just wana know what I can do for free like downloads and are they safe and stuff.

I am really keen on getting this GPS to work but haven't downloaded anything and was wondering wheres the best place thats free? I live in England. Also whats the HH1? Is there a HH3 now?

Hope this thread not too old and you dnt get this. Cheers

Garmin xt for wm works very good with omnia. HH3? not a good idea, it drains the battery like crazy. 1500ma battery only last a day, mostly standby.

Guest saitronprince
Sorry i mean Samsung implemented their own kind of touch flow in the HH update, which was the only reason i got TouchFlow as i really wanted to be able to drag the menus about with a finger

Sorry, total noob here, but, to understand, if I go out and get an Omnia, which I intend to to do soon (I'm going overseas and buying one in a month *cross fingers*) It will have it's own sort of flick scrolling feature?

Guest saitronprince
I have set up my Omnia so that a press and Hold of the End Call key stops all data transitions. Also I enabled Lock on wake, this is fast as you don't have to hit lock then power to turn off the screen you just hit power. If a button is pressed the phone will wake up but in a locked state so jobs a goodun.

Hope this helps

;^D

Hey, sorry, I didn't understand. How do you set up the phone so that simply pressing the power buttons offs the screen?

Guest saitronprince

Hope this helps

;^D

Hey, sorry, I didn't understand. How do you set up the phone so that simply pressing the power buttons offs the screen?

Guest demential

hi. i have installed Batti, but my "mouse" pointer flickers. can i solve that ?

the task manager is working fine.

i have a question : i installed ThrottleLockCAB.CAB, but i don't know where to find the application installed on my i900.

can you help please ? (i'm a newbie).

I also found wktask the best taskmanager by far! Also works perfect with manilla and you can use gestures (horizontal and vertical drag from topright corner) to start functions.. For example you can use the gestures to rotate the screen and a horizontal drag with the spinning automation looks kinda spectacular.. It even has a small program launcher (which I don't use) and a nice finger friendly volume/brightness setting..

Also skinning is possible and placement of the application buttons on the topbar is configurable.

http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html

Very nice and still small!

Edited by us1111

http://www.jaylee.org/RemoteControl/

With this software, you will be able to control remotely your desktop mouse and keyboard, applications like Winamp, iTunes, the Windows Mixer, the Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Media Player Classic, PowerDVD and the Vista's Media Center. You'll also be able to pause your favorite music software when the phone rings, then play it back when you hang up. You'll also be able to extend the application to add your own application.

Love to have this to navigate my powerpoint presentation remotely using Omnia. I have tried to pair the software in Omnia with PC but always fail probably due to limitation with samsung bluetooth stack.

Can someone here kindly try this free software and solve the bluetooth stacks problem.

Hey... i know this is a forum for free software but having come across this post and tried the application, it's not really doing it for me. Instead, I'm using Salling Clicker, which works just great with the Omnia (I guess it'll work with all WM devices). It's not free but if you look for a sort of remote control which works both through bluetooth and WiFi without a hitch... this is probably the best one out there. Again, sorry, I know it's not a free piece of software so it may be in the wrong forum :s