International Data

Guest spark9990

Guest spark9990

Hi

Do T-mobile or any of the other providers have a international data pakage like o2's £50 for 50MB anywhere in the world (£35 if your a business user)?

thanks.

Guest Confucious

T-Mobile have said they will have capped data usage of IIRC €15/day but still no sign of it.

Three treat there partner networks in the few countries they operate in as home so you don't pay extra.

Apart from that data is horrendously expensive abroad :D

Guest spark9990
T-Mobile have said they will have capped data usage of IIRC €15/day but still no sign of it.

Three treat there partner networks in the few countries they operate in as home so you don't pay extra.

Apart from that data is horrendously expensive abroad :D

Whats IIRC? and €15 a day sounds a bit much, just want read and send the occasional email.

Guest Christopher Woods

I mentioned capped EU data during a conversation I was having with T-Mobile recently and apparently it is coming (most likely due to an EU mandate) but there's no certainty as to when. Probably in early 2009.

However, I think the guy confirmed that data would be £3.50 per megabyte (out of allowance) in Germany when I go over there in October - I'll still disable my data connection, but I balked slightly at the fact that when you're theoretically roaming in T-Mobile's home network, you still get charged roaming fees! Orange sorted this out years ago, if you roam to another Orange network it's counted as your home network. Why can't the other networks at least sort this out amongst their various branches across the EU :D

Guest Confucious

I never knew Orange treated their other networks as your 'home' network. You learn something every day. I thought it was only Three that did that.

Mind you O's data prices are so high anyway...

Although they are getting better.

Guest Confucious
Orange don't have that. Their roaming charges for data are horrendous...................

Mind you, so are their data charges in the UK....

I'm off to Tenerife in a couple of weeks, pity Three don't have a network there.

Orange sorted this out years ago, if you roam to another Orange network it's counted as your home network. Why can't the other networks at least sort this out amongst their various branches across the EU :D

I have used Orange France before many times and it was never classed as a home network....