Blackjack II stuck at AT&T screen

Guest konker

Guest konker

Hi Blackjack II users!

I need help with my AT&T Blackjack II.

It was working fine until it suddenly refused to boot properly.

Now, whenever I power up the phone, it will greet me with the AT&T 3G animated splash screen & then stay at the at&t logo for an indefinite period of time.

When it times out, the screen stays white & finally fade off with multiple colored lines & stay white.

I noticed however that it will proceed to display part of the the Windows Mobile interface with a "SIM Failure Unknown SIM status. (Error 0)" message if I leave it there for a long time, at least 20-30 minutes.

It will never get beyond that point.

Please see the picture I took of the screen. If I use the Fn + # key at certain times, I will see a window where I can input up to 8 numbers, something like a SIM Unlock code.

If I hold onto the power button long enough, the animated Goodbye! splashscreen will come on & the phone will proceed to shutdown but the screen remains white.

Another observation I made is that if after I boot the phone & leave it for awhile, I can press the [CV] button & I'll hear two distinct sounds, first one is a beep followed by a something that sounds like a failed connection attempt.

Anyone knows what's wrong with my phone? Is the ROM corrupted?

Can it be restored?

When the WM6.1 is released, will I be able to reflash the ROM & fix the problem?

There's no official WM6.0 ROM that I can use to flash the ROM again, if assuming it's a ROM corruption.

Lastly, is there a bootloader mode for the BJII like the BJ or i600?

I welcome any feedback & solution to fix this problem.

Thanks!

Konker

post-151222-1219506406_thumb.jpg

Edited by konker

Guest konker
to go into a hard reset

hold down the UP D pad and press the power button

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've already tried that & it completes successfully but the same problem returns.

It'll still stay at AT&T screen...and all the other observations I've made.

Is the phone 'dead'?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sabinscabin

hello, I have this exact same problem with my blackjack ii.

Phone won't start; it gets stuck on the "windows mobile" splash screen, even after hard reset. After about 15 minutes of this splash screen it gets to the message with "SIM card error". Also I can't reflash the rom because activesync won't work, so I'm kinda stuck.

• 8 months later...
Guest djfixxx
Hi Blackjack II users!

I need help with my AT&T Blackjack II.

It was working fine until it suddenly refused to boot properly.

Now, whenever I power up the phone, it will greet me with the AT&T 3G animated splash screen & then stay at the at&t logo for an indefinite period of time.

When it times out, the screen stays white & finally fade off with multiple colored lines & stay white.

I noticed however that it will proceed to display part of the the Windows Mobile interface with a "SIM Failure Unknown SIM status. (Error 0)" message if I leave it there for a long time, at least 20-30 minutes.

It will never get beyond that point.

Please see the picture I took of the screen. If I use the Fn + # key at certain times, I will see a window where I can input up to 8 numbers, something like a SIM Unlock code.

If I hold onto the power button long enough, the animated Goodbye! splashscreen will come on & the phone will proceed to shutdown but the screen remains white.

Another observation I made is that if after I boot the phone & leave it for awhile, I can press the [CV] button & I'll hear two distinct sounds, first one is a beep followed by a something that sounds like a failed connection attempt.

Anyone knows what's wrong with my phone? Is the ROM corrupted?

Can it be restored?

When the WM6.1 is released, will I be able to reflash the ROM & fix the problem?

There's no official WM6.0 ROM that I can use to flash the ROM again, if assuming it's a ROM corruption.

Lastly, is there a bootloader mode for the BJII like the BJ or i600?

I welcome any feedback & solution to fix this problem.

Thanks!

Konker

Take out the SIM card, get a pencil with an eraser and run the eraser over the metal of the SIM card.

Pop the SIM card back in and you should be good to go.

• 1 year later...

Mine has the same problem. I tried the hard reset many times, i also tried leaving the battery out for along periods of time, and i tried the trick with the eraser. Is there any help for my phone or is it broken for good?