How to adjust your volume levels

Guest Hendrickson

Guest lutharigno
reeshee : i found somewhere that tutorial for how to change the first 2-3 seconds of low volume, but i forgot where i saw it ....

good luck in finding that.

i'm not interested in changing that.

Okay.. I am interested to find out how to edit this. So, if you do come across the solution, pls enlighten me. Thanks. B)

you need to have a registry editor on you phone and then follow the instructions on this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=3

hope this helps

Edited by lutharigno

Guest mikidream
you need to have a registry editor on you phone and then follow the instructions on this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=3

hope this helps

Hello

correct me if I'm wrong. this link talks about the 3 second between end of a song and the repeating of it. and not about the 3 second of low volume when the phone rings.

please is there a solution for the 3 first second low volume when the phone rings?? I keep missing calles

Guest Carlos0371

and to adjust the ring volume in the first seconds?

sorry if already sayed, but I hate that the ring starts at low volume.

(sorry also for my english B) )

Go to:

Start>Settings>Sounds and Notifications>Notifications>Event (Incoming Call)

Change "Ring Type" to "Ring", Ring once" or "Vibrate and Ring".

You have probably got it set to "Increasing Ring" at present, this means it will start quietly, increasing in volume slowly.

Hope this helps

Guest Carlos0371

hello everyone

please can you tell me if there is any solution to this problem? only for this without hurting other volume functions?

incoming sound is low for 3 sec and then the regular sound.

it drives me crazy!

please is there any fix so the sound will be right away the maximum volume when I get income calls?

thanks

See above post.

Guest mikidream

Hello it doesn't matter, even if it's only "ring" or "Vibrate and Ring" and not "Increasing Ring" it is still start 3 first second low and then the original volum.

if anyone has a real solution please share it.

this is a very disturbing bug. if I had know that I probable wouldn't buy Omnia :-(

I also want to assign mp3 songs to Alarms, using SPB SHELL. Prior to install SPB, I was using any MP3 on the phone, but when installed this skin, changed me the default alarm and nothing is the same....

Guest ciscokidinsf
Has anyone found a way to do this hack on the Verizon CDMA verison of the omnia yet? i would love to turn the volume up on mine.

Oh, I'm glad is NOT only me. I thought I was going nuts. NONE of the 'secret omnia codes' seem to be working on the Verizon Omnia dialpad. What a F*ck*ng bummer. This on top of the disabled GPS and the stupid propietary dongle on the side makes me hate the phone even more.

Edited by ciscokidinsf

Guest webby08

Ok so i updated my phones firmware from the Vodafone site, (Don't laugh!!!) Since then my volume settings have gone back to the REALLY low original sounds. I've tried re-entering the code but every time i do it comes up saying unknown command B) any help on this would be much appreciated.

Edited by webby08

Guest webcrush
Oh, I'm glad is NOT only me. I thought I was going nuts. NONE of the 'secret omnia codes' seem to be working on the Verizon Omnia dialpad. What a F*ck*ng bummer. This on top of the disabled GPS and the stupid propietary dongle on the side makes me hate the phone even more.

I'm glad you posted this because I was just about to ask why the hell these code don't do a thing for me. The is a SoundTester app in the window directory, but the values never remain after applying a change. Looks to be more of Verizon's crap.

Guest AFBcon06
I also want to assign mp3 songs to Alarms, using SPB SHELL. Prior to install SPB, I was using any MP3 on the phone, but when installed this skin, changed me the default alarm and nothing is the same....

Just put the mp3 on your mystorage not in any folder it it will work. That what I did with my verizon omnia.

Dear Hendrickson,

Thanks for the code of the audio settings on Omnia....

It's works just perfectly.....

Btw, is there anycode for the camera setting since my Omnia photo capture quality is just poor than

a 1.3MP phone, ofcause I had setting all the priority setting for the camera....

Many Regards,

Kira

Guest dimuthu

Hi all,

Thanks for the audio setup tip. However I'm still running with low mic volume in my omnia. :rolleyes:

I set up my device to 

Handset Talking : TX(08) = 0dB  (Which is da max).

But still people calling me complaining that they cant hear me. (with my headphones its working fine)

Please help. Is there any other setting rather than this?

Guest dogwood63

I can go in through the windows folder and find the soundtest file and change all the settings but I'm in the same ballpark as all the other verizon people. I hit menu,save, and ok but when I go back in there, the settings are back to default. Has any verizon people got this to work?

I set up my device to

Handset Talking : TX(08) = 0dB (Which is da max).

But still people calling me complaining that they cant hear me. (with my headphones its working fine)

I have exactly the same problem. Also, when recording my own voice with Resco Audio Recorder, the volume is really low.

Guest BitterBastard
I can go in through the windows folder and find the soundtest file and change all the settings but I'm in the same ballpark as all the other verizon people. I hit menu,save, and ok but when I go back in there, the settings are back to default. Has any verizon people got this to work?

When you're running SoundTester, bring up a registry editor and look at HKCU\SAMSUNG\AUDIO. As you change settings in SoundTester, you will see changes in this registry key (sub keys will appear with a number of values). When you have your settings where you like them, write down these settings, close SoundTester, and go back in through your registry editor and make the changes yourself. If I were you, I would NOT run SoundTester again, just in case it clears the settings (haven't tried it, I don't want to have to redo my settings).

Cheers.

Guest BitterBastard
Hi all,

Thanks for the audio setup tip. However I'm still running with low mic volume in my omnia. :rolleyes:

I set up my device to

Handset Talking : TX(08) = 0dB (Which is da max).

Please help. Is there any other setting rather than this?

Using a registry editor, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/CONTROLPANEL/SOUNDCATAGORIES/INCALL. Turn the value up a few cranks. I think I put mine at 5 (used to be 3). This did the trick.

Guest image911

I'm sorry, but I typed as instructed...

In the phone keypad type: *#0002*28346#

and I got a recording from Verizon Wireless telling me I have made an error.

NOW what...!??!

Guest AFBcon06

All of the codes do not work on the US Verizon version on of the Omnia. On samsung-omina.org their is a reg edit for the volume but I dont recall were it was right now. I am off to bed I will attempt to look for it tomorrow if you dont find it and post it first. Also I dont think it adjusted the volume at the speaker phone just on the ear piece.

Guest robsonalan

Does anyone know how to change the sound when in a call when on Speaker Phone. I have tried to change the settings but they just revert after I press Apply.

This is probably the COOLEST thing I've seen on the Omnia :rolleyes:

Take this (Headset DAC @ 7.5dB) + a Technics RP-DJ1200 as headphones and you're blowing your brains out !!!! with crystal clear bass !!!

Hi I'm new! and this is my first post .. been browsing a while now and downloading ROMS and stuff...

This site has saved me several times now :) There's more info on here than anywhere else!

Keep it up!