Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

It works fine in HL2 version. Just photo widget is missing. Since they modified samsungonlinewidget.dll, grandp.swf and grandl.swf, notification widget does not work.

Taril, i use memmaid and there is a wm 6 notification database that control OS events. Sometimes WM creates some inconsistencies in this database. With memmaid (and other similar progs) you can access this database and eliminate duplicates and inconsistencies. Clearing that worked for me.

Taril, i use memmaid and there is a wm 6 notification database that control OS events. Sometimes WM creates some inconsistencies in this database. With memmaid (and other similar progs) you can access this database and eliminate duplicates and inconsistencies. Clearing that worked for me.

Ok, you recieve a message with IA2, you have the notiwidget on screen. Rotate the screen and see what you cant! :(

Wonder when DXIB1 will be available? I read on a Chinese forum that ZHIB1 is already and I downloaded it. It has bootimage, phone and PDA part but no CSC. If I remember correctly this is the (Hong Kong) Chinese version (I bought official i908 phone in HK and it came with ZHXXX ROM but I flashed it to DXIA2). And it seems there were DXIA3 and DXIA5 before but never seen them on this forum.

Guest ZiTe747
Wonder when DXIB1 will be available? I read on a Chinese forum that ZHIB1 is already and I downloaded it. It has bootimage, phone and PDA part but no CSC. If I remember correctly this is the (Hong Kong) Chinese version (I bought official i908 phone in HK and it came with ZHXXX ROM but I flashed it to DXIA2). And it seems there were DXIA3 and DXIA5 before but never seen them on this forum.

DXIA5 you say.... :| :-/

Guest ZiTe747
seacny was last seen on 28th january, maybe he is on vacation?

Just wait until he gets back and we get some info about new rom's

Maybe :(.. Let's be OPTIMISTIC B) :P :D

Edited by ZiTe747

Guest tibor22

I am just speculating whether Secany may have been forced to stop posting new service ROMs. Or what happened? He's been absent for a really long time... And in case of the firmwares were leaked from an inner circle, it would not be a suprise if the manufacturer tried to block it somehow.

I strongly hope I am wrong! I'd be a pitty to lack him and his valuable contributions to the forum in the future.

don`t worry, we`ll have a new ROM shortly. Samsung should present a new GUI for i900 on MWC`09 (or have already done this, don`t know), so I believe in a few weeks they`ll release an official update

don`t worry, we`ll have a new ROM shortly. Samsung should present a new GUI for i900 on MWC`09 (or have already done this, don`t know), so I believe in a few weeks they`ll release an official update

Really? So far Samsung hasnt mentioned any Windows phones at all, focusing on the Symbian Omnia HD and other feature phones. I think the Omnia is going to be on the backburner for Samsung from now on since they have their new babies to care for. Lets not forget we still havent had a BT voice dialling fix, a new gui is not what they should be focusing on now.

Really? So far Samsung hasnt mentioned any Windows phones at all, focusing on the Symbian Omnia HD and other feature phones. I think the Omnia is going to be on the backburner for Samsung from now on since they have their new babies to care for. Lets not forget we still havent had a BT voice dialling fix, a new gui is not what they should be focusing on now.

Lets hope the new GUI (called TouchWiz) won`t be the only change in a new ROM. I agree, Omnia still have a lot of things to improve. In my opinion, we`ll know more as soon as Secany come back to this topic

Lets hope the new GUI (called TouchWiz) won`t be the only change in a new ROM. I agree, Omnia still have a lot of things to improve. In my opinion, we`ll know more as soon as Secany come back to this topic

This TouchWiz is not based on windows mobile. That was samsung had shown was their own operating system, this will never come for omnia.

Guest hellfire8888

this is the end of samsung omnia...samsung switch to other OS for their touchwiz interface..symbian os...

expect no more development on this samsung omnia firmware..

Guest banistersmind

I own an Australian Optus Badged Omnia with the following firmware

PDA: i900DFHJ6/DFHJ6

I have been posting elsewhere about my desire to upgrade this firmware and found some really great resources/instructions here at http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...1097239&p=3 Now although these instructions (posted by snoara) describe the upgrade process to the singaporean DZHK3 firmware using an XP OS, I tried to upgrade my phone using my 32 bit Vista OS and the Vista equivalent ROM upgrade - without success. I followed the instructions to the letter but I kept getting the 'incorrect firmware version' message whenever I ran the official ROM update that I d/l'ed from the Samsung site.

Does anyone know of a way to flash the ROM using the procedure outlined by sonara but with an Vista 32 bit OS in place of XP? Can anyone report having had any success in doing so?

I would appreciate any advice and/or instruction...

Italy's Omnia reloaded should contain the following ROM:

PDA: i900XIIA4/XIIA5

TEL: i900XXIA2

Thanks to ANTONIOCAMERINO for the info.

is there any information about new features or something?