Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest lagoskon

First imression of IB1 Radio (GPS not tested yet) are quite good and encouraging. Signal is stable and better than IA2 in my home now. And I get HSDPA all the time now (not only 3G)

Guest bobobird

Just got home.

Seems like lots of work already done and XXIB5 proven to be fake.

@Taril - you were right about the fake but sometimes (actually most times) one should give the source of one's information to be proven credible. Otherwise people will just test to see if an unconfirmed opinion is correct or not. But in any event, the fake warning did put people on guard of possible problems which is good.

@sardor

The i908 version of IB1 is posted here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...647/i908-zh1b1/

Others have used parts of it for BT fixes and other things so is probably legit.

@Sector

What exactly was that .img file about ??

Thanks

Edited by bobobird

It looks like the whole rom/firmware but in .img, what im guessing ofc.

It is the biggest file than all.

I have renamed the .img to .exe and i got the dump files like pda.bin except xip.bin .

Oh well nevermind it looks fake for me, i dont know what the rest think about it. You can test it of course and post what u get.

Guest bobobird
223MB for the DXIA5? why so big?

Good question.

And indeed strange considering an earlier post which said there are no major changes from IA2 !!!

The "fake" IB5 is also in the 200+mb range.

@sardor - the non-kingmobile ib5 version you are referring to is a cooked rom.

Edited by bobobird

Good question.

The "fake" IB5 is also in the 200+mb range.

@sardor - the non-kingmobile ib5 version you are referring to is a cooked rom.

hmm but this can't be a fake. Of course if they have hacked the samsung site, then i could be a fake :-)

Guest jonathanlkk
hmm but this can't be a fake. Of course if they have hacked the samsung site, then i could be a fake :-)

Damn it... Kigmobile has hack into Samsung site... What else will they do next.... B)

Looks like updates are now on Samsung site and not Secany's page... Anyone know where Secany is?? He has been missing for a while now... :(

Damn it... Kigmobile has hack into Samsung site... What else will they do next.... :P

Looks like updates are now on Samsung site and not Secany's page... Anyone know where Secany is?? He has been missing for a while now... :(

Now check the official samsung site! B)

And you can compare:

made in chine and made in korea! :D

Guest bobobird

China makes lots of good things - both fake fakes and real fakes.

If a Japanese car is made in China and not Japan - it is a fake !!!

If any product that is not made in its original country then it must be fake too !!!

No ??

We need to stop thinking that only Secany roms or offical SS roms are real roms.

Guest shokka9

Downloading the ROM from Samsung, so i will play with it later...

Busy day today, so ROMs have to wait....might extract it before i leave tho.

....ending up making ROM, flashing it and testing all day and it nearly uploaded for people to try :(

Edited by shokka9

Guest Real Red
Downloading the ROM from Samsung, so i will play with it later...

Busy day today, so ROMs have to wait....might extract it before i leave tho.

I extract the A5 updater & disassemble with i900-executer the strange size(279mb) of rom is for second csc(customer-2.csc) ! its size is 120mb and executer is not able to disassemble it!

Edited by Real Red

Guest karlbum
I extract the A5 updater & disassemble with i900-executer the strange size(279mb) of rom is for second csc(customer-2.csc) ! its size is 120mb and executer is not able to disassemble it!

it has been reported that if u choose to format ur storage along when u upgrade ur ROM. it will be filled with 2 videos. I believe the second csc is just that.

i cant confirm it as my phone is being repaired right now :(

Guest Real Red
it has been reported that if u choose to format ur storage along when u upgrade ur ROM. it will be filled with 2 videos. I believe the second csc is just that.

yes you are right ' the second csc containing video clips and information for working with omnia

Guest thomasg68

Hi all,

This is the first time I am posting in this forum after following the threads for so long.

I have flashed the latest ROM and after flashing, the phone's speed and performance seems better. On top of that, there is a new game, Asphalt4, included. It uses the accelerometer to play. Cool.

I would say, this is the best ROM so far. B)