Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest bonovox21
ok i used this rom tool and the new rom is bad no weather widget and some programs are misssing

Talking about the latest Naked Rom, I agree with you.

Guest steff195

My first impression after installing IA1 is that is slower sometimes. The touch isn't that great like in HL3. I think (after testing almost all the versions) that HL3 is the best at the moment: the fastest in response, the best touchscreen, battery life is quite impressive.

I returned to that version. :)

Guest lazylilsnoop
My first impression after installing IA1 is that is slower sometimes. The touch isn't that great like in HL3. I think (after testing almost all the versions) that HL3 is the best at the moment: the fastest in response, the best touchscreen, battery life is quite impressive.

I returned to that version. :)

really? mine is on IA1 n i'll say its the best ROM now. way better then HL3. maybe u should use grandprix. oh well, its your phone anyway :D

really? mine is on IA1 n i'll say its the best ROM now. way better then HL3. maybe u should use grandprix. oh well, its your phone anyway :D

What is new in IA1? :)

Guest Barthlon
What is new in IA1? :)

i must say i flashed directly from dxhk3 to dxai1 and i have not tested any hl roms,

so im not taking into account the things that may have already been changed in the hl roms.

also, i have just been playing with it for an hour, so i have not explored everything yet.

pda: i900dxia1/dzia1

phone: i900dxhl3

storage total 90.76, in use 42.51, free 48.25

program total 96.55, in use 45.37, free 51.18

new programs added:

-samsung lbs (exploreme, placeme, spaceme)= gypsii

-favorite settings

-sharepix

-online widgets

global changes:

-volume adjustment is now a samsung application

-phonebook has no letter-scrollpane but an arrow-scrollpane

speed:

-the overall speed feels quite a bit slower, apps need some time to load.

-the in-menu speed (like switching tabs in "settings") is as fast as it can be (instant change).

touch:

-the overall sensitivity feels about the same (gentle touches are enough, no need to really push).

-the different touch areas are defined better, with this i mean i am now able to tap signal strength, volume, or battery indicators in the top bar with my finger and actually get the sub-menu that i wanted.

this is also very noticable with the SIP "button" in the bottom bar.

these are just my findings after a short playtime. i personally don't like the samsung style volume adjustment (does anyone know how the get the windows version back? probably a simple registry change) nor the arrow-scrollpane in the phonebook (the letters worked fine, and faster). also, the overall speed is a bit dissapointing.

no news about batterylife yet, but from dxhk1 and onwards that hasn't been a problem i guess...

cheers!

Guest hellfire8888
hi hellfire, is this the untouch/uncook ROM?

I only need to click the exe file and i can upgrade my Omnia just like those ROM in samsung website?

yes ...make sure u follow the same instruction from samsung web site...install samsung modem driver..install the wmdm

Guest steff195
really? mine is on IA1 n i'll say its the best ROM now. way better then HL3. maybe u should use grandprix. oh well, its your phone anyway :)

I've tested both versions and I know what I'm saying. If I hadn't, how could I have noticed the difference?

And... what's the story with Grandprix? How the ... do you think I've upgraded to A1? When I upgraded there was no .exe version yet.

On the other hand: what could you say about the battery in this version? Since you say it's the best version ever. I didn't leave it on my phone enough so that I could see that.

Hmmm, I see I'm not the only one who's saying that A1 is quite slower... and the touch a little bit worse.

@Barthlon: the new things you're talking about are already present since HL3.

I agree with you about the speed of A1, but if you had used HL3 you could have agreed completely.

Edited by steff195

Guest Barthlon
@Barthlon: the new things you're talking about are already present since HL3.

I agree with you about the speed of A1, but if you had used HL3 you could have agreed completely.

that's what i thought :)

i think with the sensitivity issue samsung is right on track, in my eyes it is near perfect now, but the speed is not well balanced in ia1. you sound quite convinced about hl3 and its speed, so maybe i should try that one now :D

i900DXIA1_DZIA1 - English 2009

http://rapidshare.com/files/180779327/i900...DZIA1.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/180779342/i900...DZIA1.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/180787067/i900...DZIA1.part3.rar

Use GRANDPRIX 1.6.4 to flash :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/165090645/i900_1.6.4.rar

Here is the GUIDE:

http://rapidshare.com/files/165927444/GRANDPRIX_v1.6.2.doc

We have to practice using GRANDPRIX to prepare for i910 CDMA , SCH-W550, etc..... and more PDA from Samsung

Regards,

Ken

Guest panateo
can we have more info on this? is this just the old dz csc or a mix of both?

I've edited the DZ csc and removed the Asian things - now it's like a "standard" English one.

Guest demon-knight

Hey Secany, can you give us your impressions of the new roms, I know your a man of few words but im sure we all want to know what you think is the best rom at the moment seeing as you see them all.

@panateo, thanks for the info

Guest steff195
Hey Secany, can you give us your impressions of the new roms, I know your a man of few words but im sure we all want to know what you think is the best rom at the moment seeing as you see them all.

Yeah, I would like to find out too the rom master's oppinion. :)

Guest panateo
How many Mb are we talking about ?

Not so many to be honest, since Samsung changed the structure of the CSC in these latest ROMs, it's about 5-7Mb less than the original CSC, but it removes the chinese SIP from the list, if you don't like it :) ..and it adjusts the registry for GPRS stuffs.

Cheers,

T.

Guest Lethalfriend

Hi guys !

I am new to this forum and want to join this community. I have a question. I want to upgrade my Omnia's rom to DZHL5 but i don't know how to do that because mine is MSHJ1. So please help me out, i'll really appreciate.

PS: I have already tried editing registry but nothing happened. Originally my phone was Orange branded and was loaded with BVHH1 firmware but i have debranded it with the help of a tutorial.

Guest topbanana4

hi,

i'm on orange UK and have the latest rom from the samsung web site ,but could you tell me which version is best for me ??? and also has anybody got tomto working with internal gps unit and if so which version rom was it. if D

Guest Barthlon
hi,

i'm on orange UK and have the latest rom from the samsung web site ,but could you tell me which version is best for me ??? and also has anybody got tomto working with internal gps unit and if so which version rom was it. if D

that's not possible and if i recall it's a tomtom problem and not one of samsung.

mcguider works perfectly though and might even be better than tomtom (i like it!) :)

the best version is a matter of taste, but the latest english one is dxia1

see post #2638 for details and installation instructions.