Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest tibor22
hmm since IA2 i cant get a connection to my wlan? does anyone have the same problem?

With wifi I have no problems. As it was with IA1, I could connect quickly to my home wifi network with IA2 too.

I can't see many differences between IA1 and IA2, maybe the only remarkable is that the Favourite Settings now is a part of the Main Menu program (bottom right icon). Oh, well, another one: the stange and -for me- useless 'gypsii' programs have dissapeared, thanks to god (I even dont know what are for...)

And I don't see that the screen touch would be more sensible or something... The contrary: I feel less precise the tapping (but maybe I'm wrong).

Findings of others are appreciated!

hmm since IA2 i cant get a connection to my wlan? does anyone have the same problem?

same case here.

the wifi settings cannot be accessed from Settings>Connections neither from Wireless Manager (only bluetooth and phone options were available), but could be turned on/off from Favorite Settings>One Click Settings.

I reflashed and everything's fine; the wifi options can be accessed thru the Settings>Connection, Wireless Manager, etc.

Maybe that's what you have to do -- reflash.

Edited by daRoy

I noticed no problems at all. My Navi started to show my position after one minute after turning on.

Hi there.

here too, I have flashed my omnia some days ago and have no problems with W-LAN or GPS...

GPS Fix under one minute (I think it takes just 20 or 30 seconds) and a re-fixing takes just 2 or 3 seconds.

Hi there.

here too, I have flashed my omnia some days ago and have no problems with W-LAN or GPS...

GPS Fix under one minute (I think it takes just 20 or 30 seconds) and a re-fixing takes just 2 or 3 seconds.

hi,

Everything seem improved a lot on IA2 ROM. GPS lock in seconds, wifi works perfectly. Touch screen as good as IA1 ROM.

Hope there will be more contacts can be added to the Samsung Widget PhoneBook on next ROM (6 or 9 contacts would be nice)

Guest d1mitrov

ok so me and my friend were comparing our phones the other day...i have the Omnia and he has the sony xperia x1...we were watching videos on youtube and man his look a lot better...is there anything i can do to improve quality of video playback on my Omnia or is it just because his resolution is better that he gets such better picture?!?!

Guest tibor28
ok so me and my friend were comparing our phones the other day...i have the Omnia and he has the sony xperia x1...we were watching videos on youtube and man his look a lot better...is there anything i can do to improve quality of video playback on my Omnia or is it just because his resolution is better that he gets such better picture?!?!

Im afriad thats the resolution. Its a real pity omnia has such a low res screen.

Guest alvinezz

anyone has update their Omnia to Secany's DXAI2 ROM with vista successfully?

If yes, wat r the steps? Do I need to install Samsung Modem Driver 1st?

im using vista x64 ultimate FYI

Also, if I want to have TOuchFlo 2D in my Omnia, is it better to have in cooked in the ROM (using cooked ROM) or install it manually, n where can I find it (name??) ?

Thanks guys

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the Calendar widget to set the first day of the week to Monday instead of Sunday? I have Monday set as the first day of the week in my calendar setup, but it does not affect the widget :)

Guest lazylilsnoop

so i'm still using DXIA1 n i notice the heat problem is back. my phone become real hot when i use GPS or when charging. anyone encounter this problem yet??

Guest Barthlon
so i'm still using DXIA1 n i notice the heat problem is back. my phone become real hot when i use GPS or when charging. anyone encounter this problem yet??

well, mine never really gets "hot", but just "warm". and i have that in every single rom i tried, i never noticed it to be more or less warm in one rom or the other...

so it might be me, but i think that's just a general issue that won't change with a different rom version(?)

i can not update my omnia with DXIA2.

update process was finished successfully, but i cannot turn on my phone

aftar, i flash my omnia with DXIA1.

Guest Preceptor
i can not update my omnia with DXIA2.

update process was finished successfully, but i cannot turn on my phone

aftar, i flash my omnia with DXIA1.

I tried to use UMDL 1.8.10 but for some I ignore ... it doesn't seem to detect my phone ...

I have tried on windows XP with samsung modem and active sync.

Can someone gives the steps to follow when using Grand prix.

this what I thought what to do:

1- turn off the phone

2- link the phone via the usb cable

3- turn on the phone

4- set the different files on Grand prix (EBoot, pda, csc and phone ... the phone bootloader update is checked but not the format internal large capacity disk)

5- press the button detect (is the a specific moment to press the detect button, for example just after turning the phone on, or should wait that the phone must be completely detect by samsung modem?

Thanks in advance ...

Question:

I know that there is a button multilang -> I believe it allows the phone to have multilanguage settings. Where can I find this "file"?

I have realzed that there is a new button comparing to 1.64 -> Contents button -> what is it for? How to "use" it?

thanks again

Edited by Preceptor

I tried to use UMDL 1.8.10 but for some I ignore ... it doesn't seem to detect my phone ...

5- press the button detect (is the a specific moment to press the detect button, for example just after turning the phone on, or should wait that the phone must be completely detect by samsung modem?

You need to press detect while the phone is off. Then you turn the phone on.

This method worked for me :)

Guest d1mitrov

hey i downloaded taril's rom before he remeved it but i never put it on my phone. ive never had a cooked rom before i have the original one the phone came with which is DTHJ9. I remember on the page before it got removed it said go to official samsung website select phillipines and update ur phone with that software but when i try to do that it says incorrect software or something. how do i take care of that? Could i do it with the Singapore one like secany's is saying and then still be able to flash taril's ROM or is the Singapore option just for Secany's ROM. any help would be appreciated!!!

Guest Barthlon
Can someone check if the blue/green led blinks when bluetooth/wifi enabled in new DXIA2 stock ROM?

i can confirm it does not. just installed stock rom, no other apps installed or settings changed...

so don't worry, it's not your fault :)

i can confirm it does not. just installed stock rom, no other apps installed or settings changed...

so don't worry, it's not your fault :)

Thnx for info :) . We have something to be fixed in next version release :D .

EDIT: The leds blink only once after turning on WIFI/Bluetooh in DXHK3 (latest stable ROM) too . This works exactly the same in DXIA2, so I think this is something made "by design".

Edited by qbus