Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest Real Red
JP roms actually aren't the best...

If you want arabic input only, then you'd better get the JVHK1 rom and use an arabizer probram (there is a thread about it here, UAE HK1), however if you really need the JP (which is only good for an all arabic interface) You have two options, either you be on Secany's list (by using the paypal button in his signature to receive the links!), or go to Samsung service center and they will do it for you free of charge.

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/277638/...nglish/page/20/

Dear modacian , Infact I need arabic alphabet and right to left writing property of arabic roms for writing and reading farsi . My friends & me have been tried almost all arabizers Or persianizers but they all had some probloms with omnia . I found a link to JPIA3 in an arabic forum and DL it I will install that tonight and hope to work fine .

for all who want JPIA3 this is my blog address:http://omnia-persian-users.blogspot.com/

Edited by Real Red

Just thought I'd post a couple of issues I've noticed with the latest ROM. Not sure if this is the preferred place for issues to be logged so if someone knows different, please let me know and I'll post them there too.

Issue 1:

1. Turn on wireless and allow it to connect.

2. Open Opera and go to any old web site.

3. Exit Opera (properly by using the exit and then confirm buttons).

4. Turn off wireless.

5. Despite Opera being closed completely, the phone then dials the GPRS Internet connection for no apparent reason.

Issue 2:

1. Put the phone in landscape mode.

2. Open the phone dialer.

3. Call someone.

4. After a couple of seconds, the phone forces the orientation back to portrait.

Issue 3:

1. Turn on Bluetooth.

2. Connect a known BT headset.

3. Some time later, turn off the headset.

4. Occasionally the phone still thinks it's connected to the headset and answering or making calls will result in you not being able to hear the other person.

Other than that I've found it to be very reliable and there are some nice additions that really help usability.

Edited by Jangla

ONLINEWIDGET BUG:

notification widget only pupus once after the onlinewidget today item loaded.

Taril, after rebuilding notifications database the notification widget works fine (at least for me)

Taril, after rebuilding notifications database the notification widget works fine (at least for me)

-you mean in the registry database?

Try this:

you have the notwidget on desktop, rotate the screen and chech it. By default (before HL3) it pupupped in landscape mode too.

The problem is the GrandP and L swf.

Edited by taril

-you mean in the registry database?

Try this:

you have the notwidget on desktop, rotate the screen and chech it. By default (before HL3) it pupupped in landscape mode too.

The problem is the GrandP and L swf.

It works fine in HL2 version. Just photo widget is missing. Since they modified samsungonlinewidget.dll, grandp.swf and grandl.swf, notification widget does not work.

Mates, I need your help!

I'm using the same AI2, and I like it very much too! But I have one quite annoying problem:

I cannot send long SMS (longer than 160 characters) with my Omnia. The simple sms goes without problem.

I've checked the corresponding registry setting:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings] "SMSAvailable"=dword:1

and it was OK, then I installed Modaco's OmniaThread program, but in both modes the problem remains the same.

More precisely what I experienced:

If I try to send a cca. 200 charatres long SMS to another PDA (my old Artemis) the Artemis turns alive (light on) but nothing more happens. If I send it to a normal GSM phone (my wife's Nokia) it receives the first part of the message and at the end merges this: "part of text missing". And both cases the Omnia shows the error message: "Message was not sent... !

First, I would like to know whether another AI2 ROMs behaves the same way, so, it's a ROM bug, or just my Omnia has it.

Second, if you have any idea, how to resolve it, please, share it with me!

Thanks!

I have this problem too...

I don't know how to solve this issue! :(

I'm thinking of rolling back to HK3...

Guest localbus
Just thought I'd post a couple of issues I've noticed with the latest ROM. Not sure if this is the preferred place for issues to be logged so if someone knows different, please let me know and I'll post them there too.

Issue 1:

4. Turn off wireless.

5. Despite Opera being closed completely, the phone then dials the GPRS Internet connection for no apparent reason.

Issue 2:

3. Call someone.

4. After a couple of seconds, the phone forces the orientation back to portrait.

Issue 3:

1. Turn on Bluetooth.

4. Occasionally the phone still thinks it's connected to the headset and answering or making calls will result in you not being able to hear the other person.

Other than that I've found it to be very reliable and there are some nice additions that really help usability.

I only have issue 3.... the BT thing.....

Guest mobilemate

Issue 1:

4. Turn off wireless.

Issue 2:

3. Call someone.

Issue 3:

1. Turn on Bluetooth.

I solved issue 1 in the enhanded gps menu. turn of download xtra data when connected to wifi. Hope it helps

Guest tibor22
I have this problem too...

I don't know how to solve this issue! :(

I'm thinking of rolling back to HK3...

The problem is that I rolled back to HK3 but the problem persisted! It seems to me that flashing the IA2 ROM (or IA1, because that came first) somehow unabled the long SMS feature once forever!

I don't know how it is possible because one would think that flashing a new ROM (with new phone firmware) erases ALL content on the PDA, including the phone part, but seemingly it's not so...

Now I really don't know what to do...

The problem is that I rolled back to HK3 but the problem persisted! It seems to me that flashing the IA2 ROM (or IA1, because that came first) somehow unabled the long SMS feature once forever!

I don't know how it is possible because one would think that flashing a new ROM (with new phone firmware) erases ALL content on the PDA, including the phone part, but seemingly it's not so...

Now I really don't know what to do...

Not sure what is going on... Another angle to look at though have you tried Schapps Advanced Configuration Tool? This has an option for enabling / disabling long SMS I believe.