Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest ehsanuetian
How much memory left after installed? Who already tried this DXID1, please share :lol:

Thanks,

57mb and 57mb :D

Guest shokka9

anything noticably different?

I already cooked it, so wont notice anything else other than it seems a bit faster.

Guest smartieroadie

Hi guys,

I really need to sort this and get out and use my phone. Gone from DXIA2_DZIA2 to Secanys DXID1 firmware and all it does is reboot to the Tap the screen to set up your Windows Mobile Based Device then say it needs to reboot and goes back to the again.

Flashed back to DXIA2_DZIA2 using Grand Prix 1.8.10, taken the SIM out now and changed the phone to Singapore and will try again (UK Based) phone.

The phone seemed to be getting hot too when it kept rebooting.

Can only use the phone with DXIA2/DZIA2 PDA, DXAI2 PHONE and DXIA5 Contents via a GrandPrix flash.

If I set the phone to UK, Post paid O2 it won't take any of the normal XP flasher programs for DXIA5 or DXID1 without this reboot looping.

Anyone any ideas or can someone break down the new ID1 firmware so I can try and flash in GrandPrix??

Guest ronaldb3
How much memory left after installed? Who already tried this DXID1, please share :D

Thanks,

Hi khunjj,

I flashed Sector's DXID1-L2 (has Titanium) and immediately checked Settings/System/Memory, but I do not have the screen shot.

First Initial numbers: 136.12/96.58=232.70

First available numbers: 116.0/60.2=176.2

I am still adding a lot of Samsung cabs and my programs and a lot of phone numbers. I usually get down to about 85/55. I keep pictures and music on Storage.

Hope this helps you compare.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest tibor22

According to my first experience with the new rom at least two annoying bugs of the latest official DXIA5 rom have been resolved!

1. The Java engine run the applets also with sound enabled normally (the DXIA5 run the applets only muted, otherwise the app crashes);

2. the widget signaling 'new SMS / E-mail / unanswered call' now works well (with DXIA5 it works only once after every soft reset, then disappears until the next reset).

In case of no. 2 I need more experince since I've recieved only a couple of sms so far, but hopefully this problem is over too.

Tibor

Guest antigoon

Got problems 2 this morning trying 2 update, got stuck on tap screen. Did reset and rebooted phone, had 2 do this 3 times, finally worked out ok. Got problems on screen sensibility at start up, realigned and came out ok. Cant make my GPS, Tom Tom Work though. Movistar, Spain based phone

Hi guys,

I really need to sort this and get out and use my phone. Gone from DXIA2_DZIA2 to Secanys DXID1 firmware and all it does is reboot to the Tap the screen to set up your Windows Mobile Based Device then say it needs to reboot and goes back to the again.

Flashed back to DXIA2_DZIA2 using Grand Prix 1.8.10, taken the SIM out now and changed the phone to Singapore and will try again (UK Based) phone.

The phone seemed to be getting hot too when it kept rebooting.

Can only use the phone with DXIA2/DZIA2 PDA, DXAI2 PHONE and DXIA5 Contents via a GrandPrix flash.

If I set the phone to UK, Post paid O2 it won't take any of the normal XP flasher programs for DXIA5 or DXID1 without this reboot looping.

Anyone any ideas or can someone break down the new ID1 firmware so I can try and flash in GrandPrix??

Guest modacian

the phone application has a noticeable bug, when on call, the buttons (speaker, hold, ...) are shifted up a little... very annoying!

Edit: it is gone after a soft-reset!

one thing I have noticed, immediately after the installation of the rom and before you hardreset, if you press *#1234#, you will find PDA, Phone and Data fields, with the Data being DXIA5 (I am coming from that!) however after a hard reset, the data field is gone all together!

Edited by modacian

Guest ZiTe747

Hi all!

I've discovered that with this latest rom from Secany, the vibration when a call is incoming is fixed. Now it has rhythmic vibration in normal mode, not only in vibrate mode :D. sorry bout' my English :lol:

Guest Andy Q
Guys is it easy to load this on my phone? I never done it.. only know the samsung updater and I have a vista laptop.

All i wanna do is change polish to english menue.

It's not that difficult, but you'll need to do it on a Windows XP system.

After downloading all 3 parts of the file, extracting them.

Click on the execute file, connect your powered off phone to the PC, power on and the updating process will begin. Your phone should be up and running in about 10mins.

Guest ehsanuetian
I have PDA: i900JVHI1/JVHI1

PHONE: I900JVHH4

And I don't know which ROM upgrade to use for Cyprus/Greece

Dear you can use any ROM(made for i900), you wish. :D

Guest Tna
I have PDA: i900JVHI1/JVHI1

PHONE: I900JVHH4

And I don't know which ROM upgrade to use for Cyprus/Greece

In case you need a greek rom you can download the i900BDHJ2 . You can find it at www.omniacs.net

Edited by Tna

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moliya

Hello everyone, my current rom(sfr,France) version is:

pda: i900XHIC1/AEIC1

phone: i900BUIB1

May i update directly to DXID1? or need change to DXIA5 at first?

In fact, i have tried to upgrade to DXIA5 from the official site, with"Incorrect software version", i follow the solution of mik3y, but at 1st step, i can't change the country, i tap the *#1546792*#, nothing happen.

I also try disabling of Samsung dialer by the Registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:0.

After reboot, the Samsung dialer is back......

Anyone idea?

Edited by Moliya

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Downloaderz
Hi all!

I've discovered that with this latest rom from Secany, the vibration when a call is incoming is fixed. Now it has rhythmic vibration in normal mode, not only in vibrate mode <_< . sorry bout' my English :)

Weird, im still getting constant vibration in normal mode. Anyone else had rhythmic vibration?

my question mught be a bit basic but i need to ask it...

what is the difference in the latest dxid1 and between the dzia5?

what additional apps have been added and removed from the dxid1?

Guest chilitromp

Hi! I recently bougth an Samsung Omnia I900, I would like to uograde the rom but the alternatives that you post doen't match the ones on my phone. Mine is a PDA:i900DXHK2/DZHK2 which would be the rigth rom? Thanks.

Guest Andy Q
Hi! I recently bougth an Samsung Omnia I900, I would like to uograde the rom but the alternatives that you post doen't match the ones on my phone. Mine is a PDA:i900DXHK2/DZHK2 which would be the rigth rom? Thanks.

DXIA5 - Official Release

DXID1 - Semi-Official

Guest chilitromp
DXIA5 - Official Release

DXID1 - Semi-Official

Thanks, needs to ask some more questions but going to try the DXIA5 for Malasya 'case the one from Singapore gave me a wrong rom. I 've read the table were it explaings the meaning of each letter of the rom version and where it is from. And I of coarse I need one that includes the english language version or that you can chainge it to that. I'll be in touch, thanks againg, I'm in Puerto Rico that is part of the U. S., this is the Caribean.

Guest chilitromp
Thanks, needs to ask some more questions but going to try the DXIA5 for Malasya 'case the one from Singapore gave me a wrong rom. I 've read the table were it explaings the meaning of each letter of the rom version and where it is from. And I of coarse I need one that includes the english language version or that you can chainge it to that. I'll be in touch, thanks againg, I'm in Puerto Rico that is part of the U. S., this is the Caribean.

Tried all, Singapor, Malasia, Philipines and all gave me wrong version. Any help, sugestions. Thanks.