Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest pdaphonemaster
Just got back from holiday and realize that some thing happened here. LOL

To Mr.Whatever, although I haven't read what you posted before, but I guess there is some issues about XP and Vista. Well, let's say, you have you points of view, but you are lack of errr..rr thinking and education, sorry.

I have my own reasons why I post roms for XP rom only. Wanna know?

Firstly, there is no exe file for Vista for such roms.

Secondly, I can post bootloader.nb0 , pda.bin , phone.bin, csc, bla bla bla, then you guys can simply use it with XP or Vista, or even linux if you can write a binary transfer to i900 usb port (of course, with require driver). Then, think what happen? There will be A LOT of person select wrong files, and then i900 totally dead, are you happy with that? For this reason, I decide only and only post .exe file, which is the easiest way to do and do not require and knowledge, and risk is lower than 1%, the only requirement to use thoese exe is: HUMAN. I'm appology if you lack of requirement for thoese exe.

@All :

Hi all,

Exactly, I was thinking a lot about posting exe (which for XP only) or binary file then you guys have to use downloader like Paul's guide. But my decision still XP exe file. Safety is the top, rite? So, i900DXHJ1 exe for XP coming very soon.

I couldn't agree with this more. Unless you are an expert in computer science and have a heart made of steel, you shouldn't use flashing that requires advanced flashing methods. Period!

Secany's XP exe files have been great! no hassles at all and I have become falshoholic and I need my new fix.

Pleases Secany, give us the fix sooner rather than later. Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Looks like battery life on H3 for me is just as bad as with H1, saw my battery go from 60% to 40% while laying on my desk and only minimal use. Just about manages to last me from 6:30AM till about 6:00PM with about 20% left. Definitely worse than G4. Hope Samsung can restore the battery performance of earlier roms.

I had the same battery problem as well on DXHH3/H3. for 2 days, battery went flat in company when i left the phone hookup on usb datacable. it seems that the usb is unable to charge the phone at all. Read on some post that you need to hardrest again after flashing to resolve this problem. haen't try yet, hope it works.

Thinking of upgrading to I3 mentioned in this post. Anyone one have negative or positive experience on I3?

Guest lentini
I had the same battery problem as well on DXHH3/H3. for 2 days, battery went flat in company when i left the phone hookup on usb datacable. it seems that the usb is unable to charge the phone at all. Read on some post that you need to hardrest again after flashing to resolve this problem. haen't try yet, hope it works.

Hard reseting doesn't make any difference, upgrade to DXHI1 and your battery should perform as it should. Mine did.

Here it comes:

i900DXHJ1

FOR XP ONLY!

http://rapidshare.com/files/153685438/i900DXHJ1.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/153698106/i900DXHJ1.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/153709371/i900DXHJ1.part3.rar

For chinese input, flash this CSC only :

http://rapidshare.com/files/153817893/i900DZHJ1_CSC.rar

For tracking download, no mirror please! Thank you.

Edited by secany

About the battery problem:

It is very hard to say which rom has a better battery performance. We all know that battery capacity drain after some using time, right? Then how can you expect battery still the same as 3 months before? Next, it depends on your device setting, how many problem was installed, how many memory was use. It also depends on how longbyou call, how is your operator receiption. It always happen that I was using the same phone and I was able to talk up to 5 hours, but then I switch to another operation, with the same phone, same setting, I can only talk up to 3 hours. It is happened for me! Of course, it's relized on software too, but if you don't feel the phone get hot too much, then the software is fine.

I was using this DXHJ1 for a while, battery long last for 4 and a half days with normal calling, SMS, Web, I wasn't install any addiction software except Batti. No SPB Mobile Shell (which is battery killer), no Manila 2D, totally no background running processor, no tweak. I mean, all is standard :lol:

Guest uno e nessuno

do you have version for vista? many tanks

Guest Paul (MVP)

Thanks for HJ1 Secany, will flash this morning and report back :lol:

re: no mirrors, many people REALLY need it on Mediafire rather than rapidshare, mind if I repost?

(won't do it without your permission, your contribution is much appreciated)

P

thanks for share, secany :lol:

How timely! Praise for your kind contributions..

One question, how do I flash the CSC file? I would like to have chinese on my Omnia.

Guest robertut

Dear all,

I have a question: My Omnia was bought in Hungary, has the following versions:

PDA: i900XXHI1/XDHI1

Phone: i900XXHI2

This is an english rom, which has a pre-installed IntelliWrite to make the localization of the interface to Hungarian. I don't need hungarian language so I uninstalled it.

But it has a nice feature: after you hard-reset, it pops up a message saying: I detected a T-Mobile H sim card. Do you want to auto-configure provider data? And it automatically applies all the 3G and other settings to my provider.

There is also an icon in Settings > Connections, called "Operator Settings", where you can select the 3 hungarian mobile operator's auto-config options.

I would like to update to the latest English rom, but my question is: will I loose this feature of my rom? Will I have to type in manually all the 3G settings for my operator? Because this icon is really useful.

Many thanks for sharing...

Guest Octopus1968
Hard reseting doesn't make any difference, upgrade to DXHI1 and your battery should perform as it should. Mine did.

Hard reseting amazingly makes a difference. I tired this after using the phone for some days (with DXHI3) with terrible battery life, and after the hard reset battery life is much better. Before it only lasted for app. half a day, now its at least a day with heavy use (BT always on, 3G always on, lots of sms and calls).

Guest malikms

great Ken, new ROM finally. i can't stand DXHI3 with GPS and 3G connection, the back heat issue feels beyond normal for me (which is very hot).

hope this new ROM(DXHJ1) will have some improvement for that particular case. once a gain Have good one Ken. CHeers!

Guest robertut
The auto configuration is a standard win mobile utility.

I have the italian rom and it has tgi utility too.

Yes but will it have the hungarian providers in my case, or will it have the ones from Singapore? (Because this rom is i900DXHJ1 which belongs to Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam) This is the question...

Edited by robertut