Proporta have the i900 covered...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fridgeman

i ordered the Alu-leather case and screen protector from Expansys a couple of days ago using the £10 off voucher code from here ;) just waiting for them to get the stock in.

Guest Jlarsen
i ordered the Alu-leather case and screen protector from Expansys a couple of days ago using the £10 off voucher code from here :wacko: just waiting for them to get the stock in.

voucher? where? ;)

Guest gavinfabl
I ordered the following case from the US as it has a little hole to put the lanyard in on the side.

http://www.ADVERTING SPAM.com/scripts/main/vi...&pdaid=I900

I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives.

Gavin

Hi Gavin

I got this version

http://www.ADVERTING SPAM.com/scripts/main/vi...&pdaid=I900 and still awaiting delivery.

Also ordered the Proporta Alu Leather.

Gavin

don't bother, they're horrible

I've seen some of these silicon cases on an iPhone and they look OK. The problem I have with the Omnia is that it really needs to have its "tail" with it (Stylus) and I would need somewhere to put it. That is why I went with the ADVERTING SPAM case as it seems to be the only manufacturer who have spotted the obvious need for something to stop it from flopping around all over the place.

Gavin

Hi Gavin

I got this version

http://www.ADVERTING SPAM.com/scripts/main/vi...&pdaid=I900 and still awaiting delivery.

Also ordered the Proporta Alu Leather.

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

How long have you had it on order? Since its from the States I would allow up to two weeks for it to come through. I hadn't spotted the version without the front flip .... now I'm wondering if that would have been better.

Gavin

I've seen some of these silicon cases on an iPhone and they look OK.

yeah, they 'look' OK but they're completely unusable for me as I use my finger to control the phone 99% of the time. The silicone is far too thick which makes it difficult to get your fingers right in the corner of the screen. Plus it doesn't fit perfectly and the left/right edges catch on things.

Guest carltoncold77
Hi Gavin,

How long have you had it on order? Since its from the States I would allow up to two weeks for it to come through. I hadn't spotted the version without the front flip .... now I'm wondering if that would have been better.

Gavin

I picked up the Sleeve Type case from ADVERTING SPAM last week and it's really nice. Just the stylus slot alone is handy enough. I'm glad I didn't get the front flip as I would find it tedious to flip it open everytime you'd want to check if any SMS/emails/VMs come through. The only slight issue I've got is that it won't lie flat as the button flap on the back causes the phone to rock back and forth when you're tapping away on your Omnia. Nevertheless, good case all-around.

Guest gavinfabl

@ gavken - I only ordered it at the weekend, so probably have got a week to wait.

Good to hear the sleeve is ok.

I personally prefer having 2 types of case, dependant on what I am doing. The sleeve would be my first and most used type with a screen protector. It makes using the i900 easier as a phone. Also, my GPS in car mount system uses the magnets. I have a small magnet attached to the dash, and on the back of the case I will attach a thin flat magnet. This means I can keep my i900 protected in the case, but still navigate etc...

Problem is I have literally just bought a white 16gb i900. So might need a new case..lol..

I got the martin fields screen protector and the silicon case from Mobilefun. The case is okay but I find that I take the phone out of it a lot because it gets in the way.

The screen protector is a perfect fit, but I've got a couple of bits of dust between it and the screen. I'll try to get rid of those soon. My issue with the protector is that it seems to attract more fingerprints than the normal screen. I'm also struggling to type out texts now that I've got the protector on, but I may just need to recalibrate the screen.

I use it to play solitaire and scummvm games only but no much else

I tend to use it quite a bit which is why I want a holder for the case. I think I'd be very irritated with the device if I didn't have it available. Not having a stylus holder in the device was definitely one of the worst decisions Samsung made with it.

Gavin

yeah, they 'look' OK but they're completely unusable for me as I use my finger to control the phone 99% of the time. The silicone is far too thick which makes it difficult to get your fingers right in the corner of the screen. Plus it doesn't fit perfectly and the left/right edges catch on things.

lentini is that an experience from the iPhone or the i900, maybe the i900 silicon case has been "perfected" ;)

Guest Arramond
Not having a stylus holder in the device was definitely one of the worst decisions Samsung made with it.

Gavin

100% agree. I would use it more probably if it was in the phone.