Introducing... the HTC Touch HD

Guest mobiman2008

wow...htc made this so close to perfect...for me..perfect would be a flash included...well, it may not help much in terms of low-light shooting, but i use it frequently as a torch....

i guess the lack of a d-pad will make it harder to game?

my lg viewty has an on-screen d-pad when i run games tough..maybe this has a similar one?

anyway, good leak mobiman...more pics? ;)

edit: i am sure it will have gps, as its a norm..accelerometer should be in it too....and it has a front camera...

Edited by n20nine

Guest citivolus

mobiman, can you please confirm (if you know) if the Touch HD supports TV out? That is a major feature for me (for use with Slingbox while traveling) that is compelling me to get the Touch Pro. If so I will hold out for the Touch HD!

also, those pics in post #11 from forums.crackberry.com showing Opera mini are awesome! do you know if those were made with the setting "Mobile view" set or is that what a normal desktop view looks like on the Touch HD? I love no zooming!

This device is just a big Diamond with beefed up specs...

No one talking about the storage this thing will have? Diamond has set a president with its 4gb flash, what will this have 4gb/8gb/32gb maybe?

I also predict tv-out like on the Touch Pro ;)

Guest Kallisti

Still happier with my Diamond - form factor is it's killer app - been ages since I could have a phone so small that works so well - especially using the TOR SpeedUP ROM - and really - how big a screen do you need on a cellphone? ;)

This is obviously nothing to do with other HTC devices, it's purely a competitor to the iPhone.

One thing that would be nice is if they settled on some features though - not much hope of the virtual scrollwheel being picked up in software much if it's not supported across the range, nor the accelerometer. Nice having the former working for google maps, but mostly they're both wasted.

Guest Syphon Filter
This is obviously nothing to do with other HTC devices, it's purely a competitor to the iPhone.

Yeah, the size/form factor of it definitely lends to that impression. It is a very nice looking device though.

Guest cityzenSG
If this has a sizable internal HD it is so mine ;)

Hi 1Mack,

I read the HD as ... high definition for the WVGA screen

so I dun think it will have HD storage... moving parts are not ideal for PPC

Cheers,

Benjamin

Guest bhatiainc
Anyone else notice the lack of D-Pad on this?

I came to know about Samsung Omnia couple of days ago and instead of a d-pad, it has some sort of an optical mouse (right, with a pointer on WinMo 6.1).

I would dehydrate and die from drooling if I could see that on this beautiful screen...

Which 3G bands? Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE I assume?

ofc, if it has the US 3G bands our american readers will probably explode... ;)

P

If the 3G radio works on at&t in the states, it's going be a nice holiday for me..

Hi 1Mack,

I read the HD as ... high definition for the WVGA screen

so I dun think it will have HD storage... moving parts are not ideal for PPC

Cheers,

Benjamin

Correct I should have said flash storage but it looks like it wont have any

Guest benjitek

Nice looking device, but, any way you slice it; whatever HTC puts on top, it's Windows Mobile underneath. WM 6.x works for me, but it is after all just an evolved PDA OS that wasn't originally intended to be a phone. From what I've read, WM7 looks to be a positive change in this area though. The Touch-HD seems to illustrate the saying: Chicken before the egg ;)

On another note -- has anyone noticed the new SciFi web based series 'Gemini Division'? Every webisode opens with the screen of a WM device, as well as many visuals of the screen during the webisodes. It's definitely not a 6.x version of the OS -- it appears that we may be getting clues as to what some of version 7 might have in store. Whatever it is, it's clearly identified as Windows Mobile, and it looks very slick :wacko:

Edited by benjitek

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.