Introducing... the HTC Touch HD

Guest mobiman2008

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea on TomTom and HTC Touch HD?

Which TomTom is shipped with it, of any, 6 or 7?

Can Tomtom Navigator 6 be installed... etc...

Cheers,

No sat nav software shipped with handset but TomTom 6 seems to work fine along with igo 8.

I have read that some people have had issues with TT6 so I guess some versions work and some don't.

EDIT: I forgot to add - igo doesn't use the full screen but TT does

Edited by blewer

Guest Monolithix

Think I've fallen for the HD without realising it. Roll on next month and it will almost certainly be my next device :/

Those photos above are incredible (baring in mind its a HTC device!). Roll on December B)

Think I've fallen for the HD without realising it. Roll on next month and it will almost certainly be my next device :/

Those photos above are incredible (baring in mind its a HTC device!). Roll on December B)

Ha Mono - both of us were saying in a previous topic that we would go for an X1 as our next device.

I must say the HD is a great device - I'm glad I changed my mind

Guest Monolithix

Heh yep, having used the x1 for a week or so now i'm a little underwhelmed unfortunately! That's not to say the x1 is a poor device, just not what i thought i wanted i guess!

I keep thinking back to the diamond I had in the summer, and how much i really liked the form factor! hopefully the HD will live up to its predecessor B)

• 2 months later...
The HD and Pro are available now on Expansys at hugely discounted prices with an "any flavour you like" contract from the major players.

Imagine, an HD on T-Mobile for £99! A Touch Pro on T for £125...

What I don't understand (and nor do T-Mobile because I've asked them...) is how can the likes of Expansys offer these devices with a contract when the operators can't / won't release the device on their network? I mean, doesn't the operator subsidise the cost of the device in these circumstances? So why would the likes of T subsidise a device it hasn't released?

I've had lengthy conversations with various departments at T-Mobile and they're at a loss as to how "they" can subsidise a generic device sold with a T contract, but they do.

:)

I've read a lot of bad press about Expansys - has anyone ever bought a phone, ideally an HTC Touch HD from them?

• 1 month later...
Guest pd.ryder

Can someone confirm for me whether or not the HD has internet sharing via BlueTooth - I tend to use my current Hermes as a wifi access point when out and about with my lappy.

Also, all my music was ripped by iTunes as AAC files - will the HD see these tracks "as is" or will it need a 3rd party music player. The only reason I ask is because its specs state support for AAC and AAC+ ringtones so I'm hopeful it might just play the tracks I've got without any faff.

Decision time now -- do I buy the HD from Mobile Phones Direct... or wait for the T-Mobile'd version, should they ever get round to it?

Guest markdotpeters5
Ah hell -- just ordered one from them :(

Hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday morning...

Good man B)

trawling Ebay as we speak!

Guest nuttyphilt
Can someone confirm for me whether or not the HD has internet sharing via BlueTooth - I tend to use my current Hermes as a wifi access point when out and about with my lappy.

Yes, it does, it has the Internet Sharing application.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.