Omnia Recalled?

Guest blewer

Just phoned Orange to see how much they would sting me for an upgrade to an Omnia. They told me it's been recalled and they will not resell unless Samsung can sort out the problems within the next few weeks.

Might have to hunt down a few orange shops see if I can pick one up.

Must be fairly major problems for them to recall the handset - he wouldn't say what they were, just there were quite a few?????????

This was the story I was given after agreeing the upgrade.

After the upgrade ;-)

Why would they allow you to upgrade and then tell you they are recalling the handset??

Orange are obvioulsy talking crap again - we will see.

I just spoke to Orange CS myself (I already made a post before seeing this thread) - the guy wouldn't give me any details just to say that 'it's not available for upgrade'. He actually told me to check the stores etc. So I am not entirely sure what they are playing at to be honest... Anyway the problems (if there are problems) are probably because they can't put their Orange crapware on the phones - and when they can't they normally drop the phone. As I understand from this forum they had a 6 week exclusivity deal with Samsung for the 16gb version - which they rushed out of the door unbranded and unlocked.