Report your issues with DXHI1 here

Guest Geronymous

Guest Geronymous

Hi all, now that it looks like Secany's DXHI1/DXHI1 is the most advanced (English) ROM at this moment, and there have been several "issues" reported here and there, I thought it would be a good idea to consolidate them in one thread.

I'll give it a start with what I have or have read so far... please reply with what you have and I can update:

Issues/Performance - CONFIRMED:

- geotagged pictures get ZERO LATITUDE AND WRONG LONGITUDE (and altitude I think). This has been confirmed by several users and is clearly an issue of DXHI1.

- Routing sound to a bluetooth mono-headset is not possible. -> MS VoiceCommand is not working via bluetooth headset. Maybe the problem is, that only "hands-free" profile is supported and not "headset" profile.

- device is NOT charging from USB port with standard USB cable, neither in ActiveSync mode nor in USB mode. Well, according to some, it charges, but VERY slowly!

- when initiating a BT connection TO the Omnia, using the Samsung keyboard does not give any characters when entering the required password; using the standard WM keyboard instead works apparently.

Issues/Performance - FOR THE TIME BEING REPORTED OR PERCEIVED BY SOME USERS ONLY:

- GPS locking has been reported to be slower... personally I get pretty quick locks outside, and a bit slower inside (perception). Other people get a good lock even inside.

- Wifi seems less stable than in previous versions according to some people... connection gets lost when switching to other apps using Wifi (like from Opera to IE). Other users have no problems... could be due to network security settings.

- phone signal has been reported as being unstable... some users say that phone upgrade to HI2 solves this issue... waiting for further confirmation.

- Opera: on youtube the video can be seen only through phone connection; via Wi-Fi it's not possible.

- NOT AN ISSUE OF DXHI1?: battery performance seems improved vs DXHH3, but some people are still experiencing battery drains during standby. Could be driven by installed applications that prevent full standby.

Lost features or things that used to work better (in older ROM versions):

- the scientific/additional options in landscape have disappeared in the Calculator. SOLVED: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...ific-powercalc/

- with DXHI1, when GPS is switched ON for geotagging, the camera does not start until it has a GPS fix... in previous versions the camera would start even without a fix (grey sat icon), and would indicate when it had a fix (white sat icon), which is far more user friendly in case you want to geotag sometimes (outside) and sometimes not (inside).

Desired new features (special category for Paul's White Omnia ;) ):

- screen stays OFF when SMS comes in (like it does when emails come in)

- flashing LED after missed call/SMS/email is switched off when device gets into standby... which makes it a bit pointless.

- pictures are given a filename with a date, so that you don't get duplicate names after f.i. reflashing

If you do NOT have these issues and you are on DXHI1, please let the community know... we may be able to fix it with your help!

Edited by Geronymous

Routing sound to a bluetooth mono-headset is not possible. -> MS VoiceCommand is not working via bluetooth headset.

Maybe the problem is, that only "hands-free" profile is supported and not "headset" profile.

Guest thegoodly

ive also noticed im no longer able to connect to active sync via bluetooth, i have no idea how common this is or if anyone else has even tried it, anyone else had any issues with this?

now fixed, had to change some settings, which i havent had to before.

Edited by thegoodly

Guest Geronymous
Can anyone confirm they get the audio alert for Emails when the phone is asleep?

I do get them. Screen stays off but I do get the audio alert that I defined in Settings/Sounds & Notifications.

Guest lastnikita
- GPS locking has been reported to be slower... personally I get pretty quick locks outside, and a bit slower inside (perception).

I got a fix in less than 2 minutes, from inside my house, windows closed, right after flashing..

Second fix, still from inside, 30s about 1h later.

I'll test outside today.

- Wifi seems even less stable than in previous versions according to some people... connection gets lost regularly

I browsed my computer using wifi for 1 hour yesterday without any clash !

Guest lastnikita
I feel that all OMNIA users would love to have the Power LED blinking Green when the phone is in sleep mode ... ANYONE DOESN'T WANT THIS?

huh, no please, no led while suspended, what's the point apart from bugging you at night ?

Guest pdaphonemaster

Hi,

After upgrading to DXHI1 I noticed that the phone signal is rather unstable. I moves from one bar to three and back to one quite often and the phone is stationay. I know sometimes, network signal strengths vary so it may not be due to the ROM. But I was very happy with consistently strong phone signal with DXHG4.

Guest Geronymous

After doing some testing myself to confirm other user's observations http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...arging-via-usb/, I also come to the conclusion that charging from USB does not really charge... so I move this one to the "confirmed" section ;)

I charged fully with the wall-charger until green light. Then I unplugged and plugged to USB port of my powered docking station in ActiveSync mode. Red light for 1.5 hours. Then I did the same in USB mode. Red light for 1.5 hours. Then I plugged to wall-charger again and I got the green light back within less than 0.5 hours...

Anyone who can really get a green light while charging from USB port?

Edited by Geronymous

I have DXHH3 , and whenever I make an appointment in the calender application with an alarm, the alarm sounds but there is no screen message ( as I used to have in all HTC/Imate phone I had before).

Ofcourse I checked the option of displaying a message but still no effect.

Can any one with HI1 confirm or denay that action ?

Thanks

When I try to initiate a bluetooth link from my laptop and choose the option of having the laptop pick a passkey for me, I get the standard notification on the Omnia, click OK and am presented with a screen to enter the same passkey displayed on the laptop and the Samsung keyboard is already open. But when I go to enter the code in, no numbers or even asterisk-hidden characters show up in the input field. This worked with all other ROMs I've tested (DXGH4, DXHH1, DXHH3). Had to initiate the passkey process from the Omnia and choose my own key to get the connection set up.

Otherwise I got the phone to run for 24 hours straight without dying under extremely heavy usage, i.e. first 2 hours reinstalling all my stuff, then ActiveSync always on along with fring always on, a few test calls, some 10-15 emails with responses, a little TomTom, loads of browsing. Expecting battery to last even longer with more of my regular usage and after a couple times emptying the battery to calibrate the software - still extremely pleased that it lasted so long with fring always ready to take calls.

Guest CashMonkey
After doing some testing myself to confirm other user's observations http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...arging-via-usb/, I also come to the conclusion that charging from USB does not really charge... so I move this one to the "confirmed" section ;)

I charged fully with the wall-charger until green light. Then I unplugged and plugged to USB port of my powered docking station in ActiveSync mode. Red light for 1.5 hours. Then I did the same in USB mode. Red light for 1.5 hours. Then I plugged to wall-charger again and I got the green light back within less than 0.5 hours...

Anyone who can really get a green light while charging from USB port?

There are certianly wierd things going on with my charging...from 10% to a green light, not turned on (i.e. fully off) plugged into the wall takes around 3.5 hours!!! My Nokia would do a full charge in 55 minutes! But, by doing it this way I get 100% on the battery meter - if I leave the device on whilst charging I can get a green light but pull the plug out it drops straight away to 80 or 90%...

So far the battery issues are my biggest gripe (sure, the GPS is no good, and there's the whole pop-port issue etc etc)...I'll go to HI1 tonight but if I get no improvement I'm returning to G4 (and maybe ending the relationship). I bought this primarily as my business phone and it's barely acceptable due to battery.

Guest warnold007
I would like the screen to stay off when SMS alerts come in!

P

I would like this one too!

Anybody currently have a fix/hack or workaround for this? I accidentally press things on my omnia inside my pocket when someone sends me a message. I hate locking the keypad and i only use the power switch up top to wake up / put it into sleep...

So, I was going through and opening all the files I could in the \Windows\ directory to see if my battery would drop, (it's the third day without charging and there were suggestions that the meter was not accurate) so it dropped from 80% to 70% last night, and now almost 12hrs later, it still is at 70%. Will continue to monitor...

Anyway, as mentioned, I was going through the files and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before or can only be found in HI1, as I've not seen it before in HH3 or HF8. But there's a little program called "SilverInbox", which I'm pretty sure to be a Messaging replacement over poutlook. It runs fine albeit a few exceptions errors, but it does continue to run and not crash.

;) It's obviously still under development so don't expect it to work 100%, but if you're keen to give it a go, use it at your own risk.

Things I found not working are:

1) when creating a new message, the button when pressed remains the same (instead of a "pressed_down" image). But it still does open and you can create a new message.

2) You can only use your fingers to scroll, the "d-pad" does not work.

3) You can't use the scroll bar to go to the bottom or end or the page, you have to finger scroll right to the bottom.

4) Delete mode does not allow multi-selection, you can only delete one-by-one

Things I like that are working so far:

1) Fonts are bigger and more legible

2) Interface more touch friendly

3) Does not use threaded messaging, though I'm getting used to it. However, when you open a message, it still goes back to poutlook and shows the threaded message. (only for inbox, with sent or deleted items, single messages are shown)

4) And of course, it matches with the other samsung programs. eg phonebook, call log, touch player...

The only wish now is that they come out with a calendar program for it to be complete :wacko:

Guest needacloud
When I try to initiate a bluetooth link from my laptop and choose the option of having the laptop pick a passkey for me, I get the standard notification on the Omnia, click OK and am presented with a screen to enter the same passkey displayed on the laptop and the Samsung keyboard is already open. But when I go to enter the code in, no numbers or even asterisk-hidden characters show up in the input field. This worked with all other ROMs I've tested (DXGH4, DXHH1, DXHH3). Had to initiate the passkey process from the Omnia and choose my own key to get the connection set up.

Otherwise I got the phone to run for 24 hours straight without dying under extremely heavy usage, i.e. first 2 hours reinstalling all my stuff, then ActiveSync always on along with fring always on, a few test calls, some 10-15 emails with responses, a little TomTom, loads of browsing. Expecting battery to last even longer with more of my regular usage and after a couple times emptying the battery to calibrate the software - still extremely pleased that it lasted so long with fring always ready to take calls.

I have the same problem with the passkey. entering number only works with the normal wm keyboard.

Guest new2city

new issue, in HH1, TCPMP Version 0.72RC1 can play mp4s without any issue but now in HI1, the same player can't handle mp4s anymore... sigh...

WTF...

edit.. nevermind, got it working again, after a lot of reinstalling... even added the ffmpeg cab from Picard's site...

damn got to stop talking to myself..

Edited by new2city