FYI: custom skins for Samsung XT9

Guest Ingvarr

Hi,

Anyway someone could post english only version of the black and white keyboard posted by Quist? I really like the look of it and would like to change my standard yellowish one...

Please anyone?

Guest Quist09
Hi,

Anyway someone could post english only version of the black and white keyboard posted by Quist? I really like the look of it and would like to change my standard yellowish one...

Please anyone?

Not sure if this is what you're after, but here's an English version of my mod for both portrait and landscape keyboards. Same instructions as above.

EnglishModSamsungKeyboardBetaV4.zip

Wow this looks great !!

Thanks quist...

Anyway we could get opposite colours white on black?

Please let us know if there's easy way for us to do it or if you could release a package like the other one?

Thanks again.

Guest jeffrey2000
Here's some screen snaps of the English version.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=26636

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=26637

Great work on the landscape keyboard, it's way better with this larger space button... but for some reason I can't seem to remove or overwrite some of the portrait files, i'm using total commander but it says it just can't remove the files, after rebooting anyway it looks like this, what am I doing wrong?!?!

Screen04.png

Screen09.png

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest Quist09
Great work on the landscape keyboard, it's way better with this larger space button... but for some reason I can't seem to remove or overwrite some of the portrait files, i'm using total commander but it says it just can't remove the files, after rebooting anyway it looks like this, what am I doing wrong?!?!

Not sure what to tell you, other than you need to find a way to replace those files. Have you tried Resco Explorer or GSFinder?

Guest jeffrey2000
Not sure what to tell you, other than you need to find a way to replace those files. Have you tried Resco Explorer or GSFinder?

Well I made a CAB file with an option which should even force to overwrite the ROM files but not even this seems to work... hmm strange... well I'm using passoa's M2D04... maybe it's an issue in this rom somehow, can't remove the attribs with TC.... well I'll try it later when I'm home with Resco Exp. or GSFinder maybe I'll have more luck with these apps.

Does anyone else have a problem with portrait locked (attribs) files?

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest finaldestiny

Tried it on M2D04 ROM, following Quist09 instructions, replacing CustomIcons, soft reseting etc.....didn't work. Ended up with misplaced icons like jeffrey2000

Then I realized that there were more .map files in the folder to delete, not just the one mentioned in Quist09's instruction. SO i cleared all of those as well (there are about 6 of them), soft-reseted and....boom, it worked B)

So thanks Quist09 for this AWESOME mod, i think you really out did yourself here helping all of us on the forum with this, doing english versions etc. You have my gratitude mate, my phone looks and works great with it. Thanks again!

Btw i'm not sure if deleting all the .map files where necessary, but thats what i did to get it to work. Also there are some files that have .map.bmp DO NOT delete those. Only the ones ENDING in .map. They should have a windows logo file next to them in RescoExplorer. Hope this info helps those having trouble with this mod.

Guest Quist09

That's odd. I tested it on M2D04 and didn't have any issues. I'm currently on Dr.Dot's latest and same there.

The .map files seem to be generated based on needs and settings so it's completely possible that some other .map files were generated previously (particularly for the symbol keyboards) in which case you need to delete them as well (although like finaldestiny says, delete the .map files not the .map.bmp files).

Y'all are more than welcome, I'm glad people have a use for these.

Edited by Quist09

Guest jeffrey2000
Tried it on M2D04 ROM, following Quist09 instructions, replacing CustomIcons, soft reseting etc.....didn't work. Ended up with misplaced icons like jeffrey2000

Then I realized that there were more .map files in the folder to delete, not just the one mentioned in Quist09's instruction. SO i cleared all of those as well (there are about 6 of them), soft-reseted and....boom, it worked B)

So thanks Quist09 for this AWESOME mod, i think you really out did yourself here helping all of us on the forum with this, doing english versions etc. You have my gratitude mate, my phone looks and works great with it. Thanks again!

Btw i'm not sure if deleting all the .map files where necessary, but thats what i did to get it to work. Also there are some files that have .map.bmp DO NOT delete those. Only the ones ENDING in .map. They should have a windows logo file next to them in RescoExplorer. Hope this info helps those having trouble with this mod.

Yup you were right, I just moved all the .map files, replaced the files again (used my own made cab file) and now it seemed to work after a reboot!!! So for people interested... remove your .map files first and then apply this CAB file. The files were taken from Quist09's "EnglishModSamsungKeyboardBetaV4.zip"

So I removed the following files from the Windows folder applied the CAB and just rebooted:

Samsung_i900.Keyboard.Common.Landscape.Map.map

Samsung_i900.Keyboard.Common.Portrait.Map.map

Samsung_i900.Keyboard.Common.Portrait.Map.Symbols.map

Samsung_i900.Keypad.Common.Landscape.Map.map

Samsung_i900.Phonepad.Common.Landscape.Map.map

(dun worry , the key and phonepad are still working fine after moving this files...

post-346680-1228775493_thumb.jpg

post-346680-1228775502_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest finaldestiny

EXCEPT if you're using the M2D04 ROM with the new keypad skin, in which you'll need to use the files in customicons file Quist09 posted. However those will only affect your Samsung keyboard, the keypad and phonepad will still be in the same 'skin' from M2DO4 ROM, and the Samsung keyboard will be in its default skin. You have been warned B)

Unless of course, jeffrey2000 updates his cab to take that into consideration B)

In which case you'll need the customicon files for the phonepad and the key pad to remove the M2D04 skin altogether.

Edited by finaldestiny

Hi

Is it possible to make some keys, that works like the "arrows" on a normal keyboard. Would be useful when you want to move some "steps" in a word. Instead of using the backspace to replace some letters.

Hans

Guest jeffrey2000

EXCEPT if you're using the M2D04 ROM with the new keypad skin, in which you'll need to use the files in customicons file Quist09 posted. However those will only affect your Samsung keyboard, the keypad and phonepad will still be in the same 'skin' from M2DO4 ROM, and the Samsung keyboard will be in its default skin. You have been warned B)

Unless of course, jeffrey2000 updates his cab to take that into consideration B)

In which case you'll need the customicon files for the phonepad and the key pad to remove the M2D04 skin altogether.

Well ok I took it into consideration B) and all the files are there for an English portrait and landscape QWERTY keyboard like it shows in the below pictures. Phone and Keypad are unchanged. So in case you have Passoa's M2D04 Rom (like I do) they wil remain black (the "customicons" files which Quist09 posted are included which finaldestiny also mentioned). In case someone still has these files I'll include them in a newer version. But make sure you backup or move the .map files from your windows directory first, see my previous post if you want to know which ones!

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=26688index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=26689

Hi

Is it possible to make some keys, that works like the "arrows" on a normal keyboard. Would be useful when you want to move some "steps" in a word. Instead of using the backspace to replace some letters.

Hans

Well you still have the "four way Navigation" (hardware) method which does the same thing!

Fixed_Keyboard.cab

Edited by jeffrey2000

"Well you still have the "four way Navigation" (hardware) method which does the same thing"

yes, but I use the mouse, and then I don´t have the four way navigation, or have i missed something.

Hans

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arrrnold

so basically:

1) First backup to computer and remove the following files from the Windows folder on your phone

Samsung_i900.Keyboard.Common.Landscape.Map.map

Samsung_i900.Keyboard.Common.Portrait.Map.map

Samsung_i900.Keyboard.Common.Portrait.Map.Symbols.map

(key and phonepad still work fine after removing this files)

2) Install the CAB file attached

3) soft reset

VOILA

credit goes to Jeffrey2000 and Quist09 =]

Samsung_Keyboard.cab

Edited by Arrrnold

what program are you using to remove those files from the windows directory? I can't remove them, XP wont let me.

edit: tried resco, it wouldn't let me delete any of those files. Tried total commander, it can't see the phone, so I don't know how to navigate to the phones subdirectories. Tried using the default file explorer, and "cut" and "delete" are grayed out, so I can't get rid of them that way either.

Edited by ryboto

Guest Quist09
can anyone post these two files i didnt back them up

You don't actually have to back those files up because they will be automatically regenerated on a softreset if they aren't there. To restore to the standard version, you simply have to copy the files from my RestoreFiles.zip to the Windows directory, delete the existing .map files and softreset.

Guest escobol

Hi there

this is my version,

keypad (portrait only)

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27117index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27116index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27115

commonkeypad.rar

keyboard (portrait + landscape)

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27145index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27146

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27147index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27148

keyboard.rar

simply:

-use resco to backup files from windows folder

-copy my files on the storage card, change properties (resco, hold on a file, chose properties,),

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27118

copy to windows folder, overwrite all

soft reset, and you got new samsung look (i dont like orginal one)

Screen01.bmp

Screen02.bmp

Screen03.bmp

Screen04.bmp

qwertyportrait1.bmp

qwertyportraitsymbol.bmp

qwertylandscape.bmp

qwertysymbollandscape.bmp

Edited by escobol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cheese112

Hello

Can someone make same kind of .cab file from the SwedishSamsungKeyboardLandscapeBetaV1 and SwedishSamsungKeyboardPortraitV1?

So that I would only have to remove the files from Windows folder and then install the .cab and softreset...

• 5 weeks later...