How to disable/enable startup/shutdown animation

Guest revs

Hi,

I'm new on here and new to windows mobile. I bought a Samsung i600 recently, and i've upgraded it to WM6 by following the instructions in the wiki.

Now i'm stuck at this stage:

In the registry change:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Startup/1]

"Dll"="Animengine.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Shutdown/1]

"Dll"="Animengine.dll"

to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Startup/1]

"Dll"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Shutdown/1]

"Dll"=""

I'm using resco explorer 2007 registry editor, but it doesn't seem to save the changes. The link for unlocking the registry doesn't seem to work. Would really appreciate if anyone can give any pointers asto how to unlock the registry.

I've also tried the desktop CeRegEditor, it says it's unlocked it, but when I save the edit, it doesn't.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm new on here and new to windows mobile. I bought a Samsung i600 recently, and i've upgraded it to WM6 by following the instructions in the wiki.

I was able to to remove the animations using precisely those keys edits.

Did you also followed the instructions in "How to edit registry" ?

• 1 month later...
Guest bluntvillan

I had the same problem after I reset my phone and I was messing with it for days and I couldn't get it working. I performed an application unlock and I was able to save to the registry. I'm not sure what the relevance is but it worked for me. Just to let you know it does not speed up the start up time (time it yourself). Be careful if you switch your phone off to remove battery or change SIMs etc, it will go black even though it's still cleansing down.