Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest robf80
how to make album to use other picture that in the SD memory?

i try follow the guide that in xda, (push album->album-> there here will have some option, but for me, it doesn't show any)

anyone got a solution? thanks

oh, btw: anyone can make audio manager to display chinese song name?

Go to > Album Widget > Albums > Storage Card > 100SSCAM

than go > Menu > Set Album as Favorite.

Works fine for me

Guest robf80
lots of missing image file and link in the xml. i'm downloading the one in xda-developers to try... will give you screen capture later.

ps: Today menus aren't working, if you click 1 time from People tab to Email tab, the people image remains in background... have to press the new icon twice to make it disappear. and the Program tab not working, stay with the word "Please wait..."

Don't know why your having so many problems. Just tried again on my and all files are fine. Also got my friend to do his i900 and that worked perfect too. What ROM version you got?

Guest robf80
the installation is fine now, if using default HTCSettings file. if i were to copy the file provided in Files folder, it become very unstable... not sure why.

btw you need to install SJ_Driver_D3D from xda-developers right?

I have not installed SJ_Driver_D3D. Mine works really well with files provided.

Guest ToKcuKo3

ROM: XGHI5

I miss two soft buttons in the lower part of the screen. They are just not there.

All the titles are missing also. The this bar is empty.

There is no weatheraplikation. Just have a blank screen.re is a bar for titel right down the windows task panel, but this bar is empty.

There is no weatheraplikation. Just have a blank screen.

Also in the settings tab all texts are missing. There are only icons.

I`ve install everything as it stays in the firts post.

Any ideas?

Working beautifully on my Omnia (ROM HI2). However, I did have to edit the original QVGA HTCHomeSettings.xml file manually to fill the screen as all the ones I downloaded would not work (the dreaded "Click to launch TouchFLO" loop).

Omnia + TouchFLO2D + FTouchSL = fantastic device! Now if only there were a way to get rid of all the Samsung Today stuff ;)

Guest dedafmonteur
Working beautifully on my Omnia (ROM HI2). However, I did have to edit the original QVGA HTCHomeSettings.xml file manually to fill the screen as all the ones I downloaded would not work (the dreaded "Click to launch TouchFLO" loop).

Omnia + TouchFLO2D + FTouchSL = fantastic device! Now if only there were a way to get rid of all the Samsung Today stuff ;)

sounds good!

ive installed it but it only covers like 50% of the screen.

what did i do wrong?

Guest broughs

I am on HI3, everything works great except I cannot see my exchange e-mail account. It says no accounts when you select the widget yet also shows 4 unread exchange e-mails.

Can create a new pop account which it picks up but can't seem to redirect it to the outlook account

Anyone help sort this. otherwise great addition to the i900

** sorted by a fresh install - now working as intended **

Stu

Edited by broughs

sounds good!

ive installed it but it only covers like 50% of the screen.

what did i do wrong?

The original Manila 2D is designed for a QVGA screen and not the Omnia's WQVGA screen - hence it only filling up part of the screen. Try copying this to the \Windows directory on your device - it might work for you as I couldn't get it to work properly either until I changed is myself:

HTCHomeSettings.xml

I have a problem with the display of writings what am I doing wrong???

I've installed it so as there is.

I hope someone knows what I've done wrong

I have a German mobile with Programme instead of Programm Files.

Sorry for my english

here the Pictures:

screen01om8.th.pngthpix.gif screen02nx2.th.png screen03uf3.th.pngthpix.gif screen04lw5.th.pngthpix.gif screen09xp6.th.pngthpix.gif screen10aj9.th.pngthpix.gif screen13sr8.th.pngthpix.gif

When i click on the + by Programms comes this message

screen11jn4.th.pngthpix.gif screen12uh0.th.pngthpix.gif

Guest dedafmonteur
The original Manila 2D is designed for a QVGA screen and not the Omnia's WQVGA screen - hence it only filling up part of the screen. Try copying this to the \Windows directory on your device - it might work for you as I couldn't get it to work properly either until I changed is myself:

HTCHomeSettings.xml

didnt work. and when i put the omnia into landscape mode it looks horrible!

Guest ToKcuKo3
I have a problem with the display of writings what am I doing wrong???

I've installed it so as there is.

I hope someone knows what I've done wrong

I have a German mobile with Programme instead of Programm Files.

Sorry for my english

here the Pictures:

screen01om8.th.pngthpix.gif screen02nx2.th.png screen03uf3.th.pngthpix.gif screen04lw5.th.pngthpix.gif screen09xp6.th.pngthpix.gif screen10aj9.th.pngthpix.gif screen13sr8.th.pngthpix.gif

When i click on the + by Programms comes this message

Same thing by me as i allready described it abowe.

-no soft buttons (as one can see on the screenshots)

-no titels in the different tabs (as one can see on the screenshots)

-no weatheraplikation. Just have a blank screen.

-no texts in the setings tab, only icons (as one can see on the screenshots)

Guest robf80

Judging by peoples comment I think its fair to say this only works on English ROMs. HTCHomesettings.xml should work fine in the latest zip which is the first post.

As I mentioned before it is not designed to work in landscape yet.

Guest Vincent16

Hello,

Thanks its great but I do not understand this fellowing sentance :

17. You will need to edit the registry to be able to use the CommManager to enable/disable WiFi. Go to HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN and check that AdapterName is JAGUARGSP1. Go to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN and replace the name after the \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1. DO NOT edit the contents in the brackets only the name after the \.

What is HKLM ?

Ty

Edited by Vincent16

Guest robf80
Hello,

Thanks its great but I do not understand this fellowing sentance :

What is HKLM ?

Ty

HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Registry

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/HTC/COMMMANAGER/WLAN/DeviceName

at the end of the sting replace \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1

is it possibile to make custom city update??? cos I've added my city but an error show me when tryin' update...

Also how to change home left and right softkey instead "phone" and "programs"????

thx to all who can answer!!!

cheers

Guest Reuben (MY)
the ones I downloaded would not work (the dreaded "Click to launch TouchFLO" loop).

ya these are some of the things i faced, besides these are picture overlapping, the word on Map search stay at bottom etc etc... but it's ok coz i'm staying with samsung today 2 or widget ;) not ready to spend 18mb storage to be fancy... yet :wacko:

newly flashed rom available storage 38mb, after all installation available storage 20mb so it takes about 18mb anyway.

Guest hikurakx
Go to > Album Widget > Albums > Storage Card > 100SSCAM

than go > Menu > Set Album as Favorite.

Works fine for me

that is what i mean

when i do: Go to > Album Widget > Albums > (i didn't see Storeage card here)

also, what verison of HTC album.cab do you have? and is the one contain in this post?

Guest robf80
that is what i mean

when i do: Go to > Album Widget > Albums > (i didn't see Storeage card here)

also, what verison of HTC album.cab do you have? and is the one contain in this post?

Album version = Album_2.0_1818.3032

yes is included in the zip file.

you can get it from xda-developers also http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173

Guest clowsky

plz help... i already complete d step in page 1 [i skip the step 12 n go to 13]...when i turn on touchflo and the aunching touchflo is appearing..after that,my home becomes black background..no htc home or anything...whats wrong w/ that?could u help?

thx..

my version :

pda : dxhh3/dzhh3

phone : dxhg4

Edited by clowsky

Guest broughs

Rob

update 4 been working for about 1 day and works fine. A few crashes especially on the music player, but i can live with that. What are the differences in v5 and is it worth an update

Stu

Edited by broughs