Best WinMo phone with (not slide-out) qwerty keyboard available today?

Guest lucaluca

Guest lucaluca

Hello,

I'm planning to upgrade my second device soon (1st - phone calls, 2nd - email/web). At the moment it's a Pearl (but I don't like the OS and the keys anymore), but I'm thinking about getting something like the HTC S630 - Windows Mobile Device with QWERTY keyboard. (NOT slide-out - i like the 'under-the-screen-keyboard' format). So what are your suggestions for this. I myself found a few devices available already (or very soon) (in EU).

1. Samsung i780

2. Palm Treo Pro

3. HP iPAQ 914c

4. any other?

5. ...maybe, just maybe the Bold (Blackberry 9000)

my (only) requierements are: 3G (doesnt have to be 3.5g(hsdpa), my provider hasn't upgraded his towers (yet)) wi-fi and qwerty keyboard. well and windows mobile os (standard and pro is fine.)

I'm leaning towards the i780 (lightest of the bunch) but I've read there could be problems with apps (320x320 resolution).

Which one would you recommend getting, any expierences with either one? Or other. I've only laid my hands on the samsung but only for few minutes...

Thanks!

Edited by lucaluca

Guest Terry1100

If you're happy with "Samrtphone" rather than "Pro", I've just bought an Asus M530W and I'm happy with it so far - but my "previous" has been with Symbian so I have nothing to compare it to.

Motorola Q9 seemed nice (with a good software package) - but lacked the dealbreaking (for me) lanyard loop.

Terry

Edited by Terry1100

Guest lucaluca
...I've just bought an Asus M530W and I'm happy with it so far...

Thanks Terry, I was actually considering the Asus M530w... but it's already on the market for quite some time... so i was thinking something 'fresher' but yes, I actually had the pleasure of using it few (short) times, and it seemed fine.

And the Q9h is also a fine choice, but no Wi-Fi (I've only recently 'upgraded' my household to wi-fi...and I'm not going back)

As the feature set is pretty similar on all of my 'candidates' (3G, WiFi, GPS, WinMO 6, QWERTYkeyboard) I am propably gonna try and decide based on keyboard, battery life and performance (sluggish vs snappy). When I get my hands on one of those babies...

Anyone has suggestions, opinions do not hesitate!