Wanna learn more about X1

Guest EasternThor

Guest EasternThor

X1 is a pretty one for sure. What mostly concerns me is its performance. Wondering if it has some intolerable lags like HTC Diamond. Anda how is the AGPS? 

Guest billybear
X1 is a pretty one for sure. What mostly concerns me is its performance. Wondering if it has some intolerable lags like HTC Diamond. Anda how is the AGPS? 

Its true the first launch ROM on my lads MDA compact version of the Diamond was a real lemon, so much so that T-mobile did a stock recall to update it. My lad updated his himself and its now like a totally different PDA - fast and responsive.

Guest robertc17

How does the X1 keyboard compare to the Touch Pro's?

Also in general how are the two phones against each other? Bar the screen resolution and the Sony panels interface is this really much difference?

I'm out of contract with Orange, waiting for my pac code and wondering where to move and for what phone...need it for Exchange connectivity - I need some advice!!

Robert.

How does the X1 keyboard compare to the Touch Pro's?

Also in general how are the two phones against each other? Bar the screen resolution and the Sony panels interface is this really much difference?

I'm out of contract with Orange, waiting for my pac code and wondering where to move and for what phone...need it for Exchange connectivity - I need some advice!!

Robert.

From what I gather the Touch Pros keyboard is better (which is not to say that the X1 keyboard is bad - just not as good as the Touch Pros). The X1 is better in terms of screen and battery life. It also 'appears' that it has 256mb of RAM and a further 128MB RAM allocated to the CPU & Graphics chipset. Upshot of that is that you can have many apps open at once without slowdown.

For a hardware keyboard device I would go with the X1 based on what people have said - but of course it all depends on your criteria. If a hardware keyboard is not essential you could consider the Samsung Omnia.

Regarding exchange connectivity - they're all WM 6.1 Pro - it won't be a problem. Am in the same position as you - gonna get my PAC code tomorrow and hopefully order the X1 from Vodafone on the 16th.

Guest robertc17

Out of interest which tarrif do you think you are going for?

I've been with Orange from years and I've got a fanatstic package which I'm somewhat loath to do give up but they are playing a silly game with me.

Basically they will offer me a Diamond for free if I sign for another 12 months but if I don't take the phone they won't reduce the tarrif further - don't get the logic here - yes they pay way less than we do for the phone but there is still a cost in supplying it to me.

Could I sell the phone on ebay for any decent amount of money?

Are the rumours that Orange will have the X1 true?

Out of interest which tarrif do you think you are going for?

I've been with Orange from years and I've got a fanatstic package which I'm somewhat loath to do give up but they are playing a silly game with me.

Basically they will offer me a Diamond for free if I sign for another 12 months but if I don't take the phone they won't reduce the tarrif further - don't get the logic here - yes they pay way less than we do for the phone but there is still a cost in supplying it to me.

Could I sell the phone on ebay for any decent amount of money?

Are the rumours that Orange will have the X1 true?

If I was to go for Voda I would go for the £35 tarrif (same as I am paying now). I would get less minutes but unlimited internet and email. I do have a good Tarrif with Orange, but am not happy with the way they are now mucking around their upgrade customers. I have been with them for 9 years.

You could get some decent money for the Diamond - it is still a good WinMo phone. The thinking is if you sell it for £350 tops then another £150 and you could get the Xperia and keep your Orange Tarrif. Of benefit would be a 12 month contract which means you can get another upgrade circa 9-10 months in - and by then who knows what would be out? The Touch Diamond has got a good screen - no hardware keyboard, but with one of the cooked ROMs from xda developers it seems to fly. You're stuck with 4GB and no other means of expansion but it is not the worst in the world. If you need a hardware keyboard then the Touch Pro is coming out on Orange soon.

However you should try asking about the Omnia on Orange as it is a seriously good handset.

As for the X1 on Orange - conjecture at the moment but a lot of people have said CarphoneWarehouse are advertising it on O2 and Orange for the 20th October. Ask at an Orange shop and they generally haven't even heard of the handset - although when I spoke to the Manager he said it is one of the phones that Orange can't make its mind up about. Orange are going through a funny time at the moment - for instance when the Omnia came out all the upgrade customers got it for free - even on £25 p/month deals. Now they are actively blocking upgrade customers from getting it. You can get on upgrade but generally they will charge you £200 for the handset.

Which leads me to the last point and why I refuse to pay for the handset - they make all their money on line rental and call charges and generally take a hit on handsets. I know they could charge a hell of a lot less (I mean really a lot less) but because we are generally getting the handsets for free they know that we will accept the higher charge for line rental. Whether you take the handset or not is of no consequence - taking a hit on line rental is more of an issue for them. Which makes Orange's recent attitude to CS upgrades for the Omnia particularly distasteful. I could understand if they asked me to pay £50 for the handset (or even £80) but a full £200??? And then pay £35 p/month for 18 months? A joke. People laugh at me abroad and think I am a mug.

So I hope my ramblings and general anger towards Orange have helped you :lol:

If I was to go for Voda I would go for the £35 tarrif (same as I am paying now). I would get less minutes but unlimited internet and email. I do have a good Tarrif with Orange, but am not happy with the way they are now mucking around their upgrade customers. I have been with them for 9 years.

You could get some decent money for the Diamond - it is still a good WinMo phone. The thinking is if you sell it for £350 tops then another £150 and you could get the Xperia and keep your Orange Tarrif. Of benefit would be a 12 month contract which means you can get another upgrade circa 9-10 months in - and by then who knows what would be out? The Touch Diamond has got a good screen - no hardware keyboard, but with one of the cooked ROMs from xda developers it seems to fly. You're stuck with 4GB and no other means of expansion but it is not the worst in the world. If you need a hardware keyboard then the Touch Pro is coming out on Orange soon.

However you should try asking about the Omnia on Orange as it is a seriously good handset.

As for the X1 on Orange - conjecture at the moment but a lot of people have said CarphoneWarehouse are advertising it on O2 and Orange for the 20th October. Ask at an Orange shop and they generally haven't even heard of the handset - although when I spoke to the Manager he said it is one of the phones that Orange can't make its mind up about. Orange are going through a funny time at the moment - for instance when the Omnia came out all the upgrade customers got it for free - even on £25 p/month deals. Now they are actively blocking upgrade customers from getting it. You can get on upgrade but generally they will charge you £200 for the handset.

Which leads me to the last point and why I refuse to pay for the handset - they make all their money on line rental and call charges and generally take a hit on handsets. I know they could charge a hell of a lot less (I mean really a lot less) but because we are generally getting the handsets for free they know that we will accept the higher charge for line rental. Whether you take the handset or not is of no consequence - taking a hit on line rental is more of an issue for them. Which makes Orange's recent attitude to CS upgrades for the Omnia particularly distasteful. I could understand if they asked me to pay £50 for the handset (or even £80) but a full £200??? And then pay £35 p/month for 18 months? A joke. People laugh at me abroad and think I am a mug.

So I hope my ramblings and general anger towards Orange have helped you :lol:

I totaly agree with you regarding Orange with the omnia. they were playing silly bugger with me with the price of the handset £195 and asked me to increase my line rental £30pm + £8 for 30mb Orange World (crazy!). or £35 tarriff and they will give me unlimited data (with cap, apparently its free because they value my custom). Anything below that, they simply sound disinterested. WTF? Told them I can get the omnia from vodafone for free on £35pm, free internet and email. so they just gave me the PAC code... WHAT??? they now hate customer?