i900 bricked? I just see the Logo, nothing else

Guest Spitzie

Guest Spitzie

Hi there,

I just tried to flash my omnia i900 with the new dxhi3 fw. The flashing had no errors and after the automatic reboot of my omnia, it hangs at the "Samsung Omnia" Logo-screen. And that's it... Nothing works anymore,.. when i try to reflash, the prog doesnt detect any phone (tried different computers), "hard"-reset doesnt work,....

I also can only turn off the phone by removing the battery,... power button won't work.. :lol:

can anyone help me?

and before asking:

Yes, flashed under XP SP2 ^^

Guest Paul (MVP)

If you get the Omnia logo, it ain't bricked.

Grab the DXHJ1 update from Secany's thread, run (on XP), plug in phone, turn on, press reset pin, start button should appear in updater, hit it and wait.

P

Guest Rednose5

Paul is right (as allways) :lol:. Just for the record I've been there and "unbricked" it by flashing again. B.t.w. do you have the Samsung modem driver installed ? This might make a difference. Good luck anyway.

Guest Spitzie

and thats the problem.... re-flashing doesn't work,.. no reaction,.. i switched the USB Ports and later i tried it at my notebook (both XP).

Driver was installed, of course. No Reaction!

Hard Reset isnt working, too....

Guest Reuben (MY)

so you mean you screen showing nothing except red power led?

if there's a logo on the phone, then you'll still have chance, else... Service center :lol:

Guest Spitzie

ok,.. when i insert the battery, nothing happens (ok, thats normal :lol: ), when i push the powerbutton, the phone shows after few secs the black screen with the white samsung omnia logo.

when i push the powerbutton again, nothing happens, when i hold the powerbutton, nothing happens, when i push reset, the screen goes off, when i release the reset button, the black screen with the logo is back again :D

and still no recognition at the usb port... i tried about 4 different firmware loaders, tried under xp and vista, tried different modem drivers an different computers ;) no reaction.. start button stays grey.

thats it! :o :P

Guest Reuben (MY)
ok,.. when i insert the battery, nothing happens (ok, thats normal :D ), when i push the powerbutton, the phone shows after few secs the black screen with the white samsung omnia logo.

when i push the powerbutton again, nothing happens, when i hold the powerbutton, nothing happens, when i push reset, the screen goes off, when i release the reset button, the black screen with the logo is back again ;)

and still no recognition at the usb port... i tried about 4 different firmware loaders, tried under xp and vista, tried different modem drivers an different computers :o no reaction.. start button stays grey.

thats it! :P :P

:lol: run the HI3 or HJ1 updater exe file, with the screen appear infront of you, hit the reset pin, and Start button should appear. click on it (on your pc not phone) then let it run.

without flashing again the phone aint gonna start, because previous update failed to copy bootloader file to phone thus phone is not booting up...

Guest Junoman
Hi there,

I just tried to flash my omnia i900 with the new dxhi3 fw. The flashing had no errors and after the automatic reboot of my omnia, it hangs at the "Samsung Omnia" Logo-screen. And that's it... Nothing works anymore,.. when i try to reflash, the prog doesnt detect any phone (tried different computers), "hard"-reset doesnt work,....

I also can only turn off the phone by removing the battery,... power button won't work.. ;)

can anyone help me?

and before asking:

Yes, flashed under XP SP2 ^^

Hi there :lol:

Nothing to worryfanci, you better to get the assistance of Wincontrol tool!! I cannot remember/locate it's url unfortunatly, hope any of you guys show the path. It will detect the phone to your pc to DJ3.exe. Hoep this will help you. :D

I am looking for a low level format tool. can anybody help me pls?

Thanks in advance.

J

Guest kogan31
Hi there :lol:

Nothing to worryfanci, you better to get the assistance of Wincontrol tool!! I cannot remember/locate it's url unfortunatly, hope any of you guys show the path. It will detect the phone to your pc to DJ3.exe. Hoep this will help you. :D

I am looking for a low level format tool. can anybody help me pls?

Thanks in advance.

J

I had the same problem as describe. Unfortunately those methods mention didin work for me. Best thing to do is to bring it down to a service center and let them fix it with firmware upgraded. It took them less than 2 hours to fix it for me.

Guest Spitzie
:lol: run the HI3 or HJ1 updater exe file, with the screen appear infront of you, hit the reset pin, and Start button should appear. click on it (on your pc not phone) then let it run.

without flashing again the phone aint gonna start, because previous update failed to copy bootloader file to phone thus phone is not booting up...

As is said before: "... and Start button should appear." ----> no reaction,.. the omnia definetly isn't recognized!!! :D

What about the wincontrol thing? sounds good,...?