Muffled ringtone for 2 sec and back to normal

Guest kogan31

Guest kogan31

Hi guys,

Omnia ringtone(mp3) will sound muffled for aroud 2 sec when there is an incoming call and resume back to normal after that. Anyway to fix that? The fault is not with the mp3 but with omnia. I spoke to samsung helpdesk before and they said thats how omnia works.

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi guys,

Omnia ringtone(mp3) will sound muffled for aroud 2 sec when there is an incoming call and resume back to normal after that. Anyway to fix that? The fault is not with the mp3 but with omnia. I spoke to samsung helpdesk before and they said thats how omnia works.

Thanks,

Kathy

I guess no one knows. Neither do i.. Sorry

Guest Koofteh

This is a common problem not just on the Omnia, but all Samsung phones. Even my old dumbphone U600 had the same exact issue with MP3 ringtones.

I haven't been able to find a solution yet sadly...

Sorry to say I bought up this problem when I got the phone in August. I phoned Samsung directly and was told by them it is to protect the speaker....i laughed when they said it. I have been on many websites and no one no's how to fix this :lol:

Guest Dodger747
I phoned Samsung directly and was told by them it is to protect the speaker....i laughed when they said it.

It is a safety feature incase you have just hung up a call and still have the phone next to your ear. Quite sensible really...

It is a safety feature incase you have just hung up a call and still have the phone next to your ear. Quite sensible really...

I can see what you are saying but I have never had a problem with any other phone I have had, plus you set the volume of the ringtone anyway. Seems a poor reason to me but hey, it doesnt take away what a great phone it is anyway.

Guest 3shirts

Bit random to have a feature for such an unlikely event. Surely hanging up requires moving the phone away from your ear anyway, to press the button!

Guest Koofteh

That's what increasing ringers are for.

This is just stupid... it jumps up in volume after a few seconds. It would make more sense if it played your ring at low volume once and then turned it up to full volume. Not play 2 seconds and then go up in volume halfway through the ringer.