Cracked screen :-(

Guest RedHotF

Guest RedHotF

Hello all,

I'm a long time lurker on here and haven't posted before, but now I am after a bit of specific advice if anyone can help.

I've had my TMob MDA IV for about 3 months and not really had any problems with it. Today I was driving home from work and I put it in the air-vent holder thing as I was trying out the TomTom on it. As I went round a corner, the holder came flying off the vent complete with phone and both landed in the passenger seat foot well. Upon inspection of the phone I find the screen has cracked arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Really annoyed about this as it didn't fall far and it can only have hit either plastic, leather or carpet. Oh well.

So I'm wondering what is the best solution here. Are the screens reasonably straightforward to replace yourself? Has anybody done this? I never got round to taking out insurance :lol:

I'm a bit confused as on the site I am looking on they have both a "HTC Touch Diamond Replacement LCD" and also a "HTC Touch Diamond Replacement Touch Screen" .... how am I supposed to know which one is broken?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful info. I am so upset my toy is broke :D

Guest andybarker

If the LCD is cracked, you will see some pixels not working whilst others may do. Maybe even a line of pixels that are the wrong colour.

If you can't see anything at all, then that is tougher to figure out - might be the LCD and / or the touch panel (assuming they are separate).

As for protecting your phone, I suggest filling the footwells and covering the seats in those annoying polystyrene "wotsits". Should work.

Guest RedHotF
If the LCD is cracked, you will see some pixels not working whilst others may do. Maybe even a line of pixels that are the wrong colour.

If you can't see anything at all, then that is tougher to figure out - might be the LCD and / or the touch panel (assuming they are separate).

As for protecting your phone, I suggest filling the footwells and covering the seats in those annoying polystyrene "wotsits". Should work.

Thank you for your advice. I don't think it is the LCD as there appears to be no 'seepage' or distortion.

Anyway I'm hoping to get this fixed as I've found a man who can :lol: