Any good alternatives to touch player?

Guest drcarlos

Guest drcarlos

Anything out there for playback of MP3s (must also support WMA) that works well with the Omnia (that also doesn't need the stylus). I have tried S2P and the interface is nice but the track library is pish. Windows media player plays the files I need and organisation of tracks is good but as we all know the interface doesn't lend itself to touchscreen and no stylus. Ideally another skin with chunky buttons for media player would be ideal.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Carl.

Guest anubi1126

yup i have to agree i am using kinoma play now gives good sound quality plus if you buy instead of the free play more features :lol:

Edited by anubi1126

yup i have to agree i am using kinoma play now gives good sound quality plus if you buy instead of the free play more features :lol:

What additional features are included in Kinoma play compared to Kinoma Freeplay? Seems like a very nice intuitive player, Very impressed.. Just cant justify £20 on a few additional features?

Guest mobilehappy
What additional features are included in Kinoma play compared to Kinoma Freeplay? Seems like a very nice intuitive player, Very impressed.. Just cant justify £20 on a few additional features?

Have a look here (Its the Kinoma FreePlay downloads page but it contains a list of extra features in the commercial version)

I have purchased both Kinoma Play and CorePlayer.

Both actually works well on Omnia and both have built inn YouTube clients.

Kinomas interface, streaming media library functions and touch friendliness totally blows CorePlayer away while CorePlayer on the other hand is great for movies and support alot of formats/codecs which simply will not play on Kinoma. (and not on most other available players eighter for that mather)

So for now i guess both are needed to cover all bases :lol:

If you are not willing to pay for 2 players, i guess CorePlayer would be the "best value" choice since it plays close to any audio/video format. (But interface wise its just about on pair with the windows media player)

Edited by mobilehappy

Have a look here (Its the Kinoma FreePlay downloads page but it contains a list of extra features in the payed version)

Many thanks, Just looking at this and Coreplayer not sure which is worth the purchase? Opinions please?

Many thanks, Just looking at this and Coreplayer not sure which is worth the purchase? Opinions please?

i downloaded the free version but when i installed it it asks for registration. i put in my email and just says cant be found...

i too hate toch player.

Does Coreplayer have touch finger scrolling (large buttons or large media font) ?

Not really icons are small an nothing like Kinoma.

Coreplayer:-

coreplayer160208lr3.jpg

And Kinoma

Kinoma%20Play%20-%20Lightning-fast%20local%20search.png

Kinoma0001.jpg

During playback the icons and sizes are similar although Kinoma main directory's and structure is much easier to navigate

Edited by L.P

Guest CashMonkey

For what it's worth, video playback on the Omnia between Core Player and Windows Media is a no brainer - Windows Media player has smoother rendition and better colour definition...but as you all say, the interface is poo.

I've been using pocket player for several months, on Shawdow prior to getting my i900. The interface on the i900 does not come out as nice as the resolution of the shadow, but features and sound are excellent on PLantronics Voyager 855 BT. PP equalizer works with BT, which was one of the features driving my selection.

Guest meddleuk

I have bought both Pocket Player, Core Player and Kinoma Play.

Audio - Pocket Player has more options etc.. but if you want to get to your music quickly with a really responsive interface Kinoma is much better. Audio quality is pretty much the same on both.

Video - Coreplayer wins hands down, so much more compatibility.

"Kinoma does look good but it seems to have the problem of showing tracks in alphabetical order, or am I doing something wrong?" - When in album mode before selecting a track click on the settings and you have an option to sort the tracklist. This option is only visible in the settings menu when in album view however

Guest drcarlos

Wanted to try the Kinoma free player (worth the £10 to trial love film to get the full version) so downloaded install and activated it and it does look good, but and a big but it couldn't see my SD card, which contains all my music. There were no options to change library to SD card or anything like that. So I am trialing Pocket Player. That see everything looks good and sounds nice so far. The next couple of weeks will tell.

Carl.

Guest wkmmx500

Coreplayer can have big buttons as it's skinnable. It's just a pain to make the skins.

Have a look here... that's what I've been using and it works great.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/index.php/topic,458.0.html

I'm also still looking for the perfect all-in-one solution and haven't found it.

For music I'm playing with Kinoma Free (mainly because it handles my big music collection the best). Other functionality is not user friendly enough to my taste (or you need to pay for it).

For video and youtube I use Coreplayer and YouTubePlay

For Podcast a combination of Omnia podcast program (don't like it much but it's there) - and Coreplayer

For streaming Radio and TV I'm playing with SPBOnline. Super interface but needs some fine tuning (only version 1) and content is still not really my taste/need.

I also bought Kinoma Play using the LoveFilm £10 trial after giving the free version a go and I am extremely pleased with it.

It looks fantastic, is easy to use and has very good functionality. It handles a music library of around 500 songs very well, without lag although one gripe about it is that it has to rescan/add all my library if I shut the app down/restart the device. I've found videos to be varying in playback quality no matter what player I use (Coreplayer is very dodgy when I use landscape mode) I just need to get the settings right for video encoding though I think.

Guest drcarlos

Pocket player = fail, Tried Kinoma Player again and another fail none of these apps support my bluetooth headphones (Motorola rokr S9) so track skip and play/pause buttons don't work. Looks like I need to reskin WMP.

Carl.