Custom ROM: MoDaCo DTHJ9-MCR03 - Last update 03/11/08

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 months later...
Guest arvvie

Paul and to the rest of the team,

Thank you for this cooked ROM. I made my choice to follow your ROM. Because of it's practicality and not too personalised as others. I have my omnia of almost 3months now and was hesitant to do any firmware or load any cooked ROMS. But when I got to a point where my device was telling me something like "not enough memory..." and thought this is the time.

Was so nervous to do so, but if you follow instructions with the right tools and configuration, you should have no problem.

Upon successfull start-up, geez was I amazed with the amount of memory available. Not only that, the off the shelf ROM from Samsung was so slow. I have to honestly say there are significant noticeable improvements both memory and performance.

Before I had:

PDA: i900MBHJ3/MBHJ3

PHONE: i900XXHJ1

Total: 90.39MB

In use: 79.10MB

Free: 11.29MB

Now I have:

PDA: i900DTHJ9/MCR03

Total: 102.20MB

In use: 53.09MB

Free: 49.12MB

With the same app loaded?? Such a big difference. Apart from that, so smooth.

I write this thread to say thanks.

Arvie.

Guest meabigbaldguy
Paul and to the rest of the team,

Thank you for this cooked ROM. I made my choice to follow your ROM. Because of it's practicality and not too personalised as others. I have my omnia of almost 3months now and was hesitant to do any firmware or load any cooked ROMS. But when I got to a point where my device was telling me something like "not enough memory..." and thought this is the time.

Was so nervous to do so, but if you follow instructions with the right tools and configuration, you should have no problem.

Upon successfull start-up, geez was I amazed with the amount of memory available. Not only that, the off the shelf ROM from Samsung was so slow. I have to honestly say there are significant noticeable improvements both memory and performance.

Before I had:

PDA: i900MBHJ3/MBHJ3

Total: 90.39MB

In use: 79.10MB

Free: 11.29MB

Now I have:

PDA: i900DTHJ9/MCR03

Total: 102.20MB

In use: 53.09MB

Free: 49.12MB

With the same app loaded?? Such a big difference. Apart from that, so smooth.

I write this thread to say thanks.

Arvie.

This ROM is an excellent ROM, but it is out of date - though it may not matter to you much. Anyway, I also ran this ROM for a while and was hoping for a new release, but unfortunately, it seems that the creator no longer works with the Omnia. In any case, I was looking for a more updated ROM because there have been so many improvements to battery life, GPS, etc. I didn't want to upgrade to a factory ROM because of the junk that is included, and I was looking for a reliable custom ROM that still retained the original Samsung format - just like MCR03. I did find it and on this forum, and I recommend it to you! It was also easy to flash because you have obviously already flashed a custom ROM at least once.

Check it out!

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...rom-18-03-2009/

• 3 months later...
Guest deathwinger

When it reaches the Samsung Modem driver thing which I installed, it tells me it can't open a port and the firmware update fails.

What should I do?

• 2 months later...