Omnia------>Iphone 3g

Guest danarc

Am just bored with phone, windows could be improved but microsoft aint bothered to and there aint many good games for windows. Omnia might have much more features but u cant deny the fact that the iphone has little exciting features but puts it above the omnia.

you are free to comment. :lol: just be nice lol.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts on the Iphone Omnia debate are this if you have patience the Omnia will pay off for you in the long run. I know a week ago I wanted to throw the Omnia in the bin and never see it again but now i have spent time working with it and using it I really love this phone.

I love the touch screen of the Iphone but have found texting and email on the omnia to be a lot easier with the feedback and more firm presses of the screen which meant i am not always going back to delete miss pressed letters.

I think the iphone provides a more instant experience for the less patient person which is by no means a bad thing more a comment.

I would have had a iphone by now but I am on Vodafone and can't be bothered with all the unlocking and cost of a sim free iphone.

Guest 3shirts
What is the point of this post? Except of starting the flamewar obviously.

Have to agree, what comments are you expecting. Clearly most people here have chosen against the iPhone since they are similar products in terms of price/availability. I hope you enjoy the iPhone but fear you may not

Having "played" with an iPhone for half an hour this weekend I am more convinced that the Omnia is a PDA and the iPhone is anything but. It's an iPod with a phone. I hope you like it but beauty is only skin deep.

What is the point of this post? Except of starting the flamewar obviously.

Thats not the point am trying to make. I haven't point out that the iphone is better than Omnia but just trying to say based on personal experience on using Omnia for nearly three months, its a hard work. I obviously liked the omnia very much to paid.....(more than the iphone) to purchase it but am in favour of userability at this point in time and hence, like the iphone.

Guest Omnia_1

hahahahahaha...... Good for you, get your fashion accessory!

I don't see what is so good about the iphone anyway, it doesn't have anything the Omnia doesn't, except "itunes" big deal!

The phone module is terrible to say the least, the echo was enough for me to get rid of mine.

In comparison to any other mobile phone or PDA manufacturers the iphone is way behind, the Apple "per annum" upgrade to technology that is already far superseded by most brands certainly seems unappealing to me.

OK the interaction between Mac and iphone may be a better UI, but the fact remains, the iphone is not diverse enough in terms of 3rd part application support and software.

In 6 months or 6 years when I have my 100GB HTC with 20 mega pixel camera, mind reading UI, coffee making bread toasting PDA, Apple will just release something with a built in camera I don't know why it is I just dislike Apple and their overpriced products.

I dont know why you would want to post a rubbish topic like this! Good luck with your Crap-ple icrap!

Edited by Omnia_1

Guest kslakhani
hahahahahaha...... Good for you, get your fashion accessory!

I don't see what is so good about the iphone anyway, it doesn't have anything the Omnia doesn't, except "itunes" big deal!

The phone module is terrible to say the least, the echo was enough for me to get rid of mine.

In comparison to any other mobile phone or PDA manufacturers the iphone is way behind, the Apple "per annum" upgrade to technology that is already far superseded by most brands certainly seems unappealing to me.

OK the interaction between Mac and iphone may be a better UI, but the fact remains, the iphone is not diverse enough in terms of 3rd part application support and software.

In 6 months or 6 years when I have my 100GB HTC with 20 mega pixel camera, mind reading UI, coffee making bread toasting PDA, Apple will just release something with a built in camera I don't know why it is I just dislike Apple and their overpriced products.

Your a goose mate I dont know why you would want to post a rubbish topic like this! Good luck with your Crap-ple icrap!

Hi all,

am totally agree with Omnia_1 and all Omnia supporters.

Let me say something abt Omnia, its 100% killer of Iphone :D

just compare it in by any means style design feature etc. etc, far behind technology may be my Nan like it :P . it beats I+phod ;) :o :P peice of sHIIIIt.

I am not criticising you its just i hate that SHIIIIIIIIIIIt :lol:

and just go to Iphod thread and ask same question I bet you will find there a lot of Omnia lovers :D

Hope this will help you :D

Hi all,

am totally agree with Omnia_1 and all Omnia supporters.

Let me say something abt Omnia, its 100% killer of Iphone :D

just compare it in by any means style design feature etc. etc, far behind technology may be my Nan like it :P . it beats I+phod ;) :o :P peice of sHIIIIt.

I am not criticising you its just i hate that SHIIIIIIIIIIIt :lol:

and just go to Iphod thread and ask same question I bet you will find there a lot of Omnia lovers :D

Hope this will help you :D

lol wow some very passionate comment but i parshly agree with what you saying.

Well I have to agree a bit with danarc.. I've got the omnia also because of the superior specifications.. However at this time hardware is (imho) secundair to good software. And say what you wan't but the IPhone has got a very good Operating System and Windows mobile sucks at this moment (look at all the custom shells and third party improvements). Also the multi touch screen is very handy when you got as less buttons as the omnia does..

I truly believe that the omnia has A LOT more in store for us, but for now I cannot explain that part to my wife (who's got an omnia too) who's getting a bit frustrated by the inconsistency of the Windows OS.

I sure hope that sometime soon we can get Android to run on the omnia.. That would be the perfect combo in terms of customizing and development of stuff... Sigh!

Edited by us1111

(Why??, because i like to play safe lol)

says it all....

Apple is for "out of the box ease of use for most people"

Windows Mobile is for "people who like to tinker and take risks"

Oh and can i have your old Omnia if you dont it anymore :lol:

I hope you enjoy the Iphone

Guest Ingvarr

What people fail to understand is that Windows Mobile phones is for technically-savvy people. Its not "phones that just work".

Granted its partially fault of companies like Samsung that market them for wrong audience, which later only creates grief for their tech support.

What people fail to understand is that Windows Mobile phones is for technically-savvy people. Its not "phones that just work".

Granted its partially fault of companies like Samsung that market them for wrong audience, which later only creates grief for their tech support.

Coming from a person that has a degree in Information systems i will say am very technical but u cant deny the fact that iphone has a great OS (User interface) and thats what has attracted me to it most. i like a well designed phone however, am not putiing omnia down at all. I think i need to make that CLEAR

(Why??, because i like to play safe lol)

says it all....

Apple is for "out of the box ease of use for most people"

Windows Mobile is for "people who like to tinker and take risks"

Oh and can i have your old Omnia if you dont it anymore :lol:

I hope you enjoy the Iphone

LOL nelkz i would like to have given you my omnia if only i was that rich lol. i have returned it for a full refund :D

I think not that that statement was the initial intention for Microsoft as wel as Samsung LOL! :lol: And I think that in essense the IPhone unix OS is much further in terms of architecture than the windows OS... However the way Apple is implementing it is not my way...

Edited by us1111

LOL nelkz i would like to have given you my omnia if only i was that rich lol. i have returned it for a full refund :lol:

oh well..... if you dant ask you dont get...lol

Will you come back and share an omnia joke with us someday soon...lol

I think not that that statement was the initial intention for Microsoft as wel as Samsung LOL! :lol: And I think that in essense the IPhone unix OS is much further in terms of architecture than the windows OS... However the way Apple is implementing it is not my way...

lol totally agree. every mobile company will like to have its phones being used my everyone. Take blackberry for example, it used to be marketed directly for business driven ppl but they are now trying to open up more to the broader market. A company wouldnt be stupid to market its product exclusively to just a particular ppl.

Guest Omnia_1

This topic should be scrapped before ppl become abusive, for even now I can barely contain myself :D!

US111 WinMo has had this exact menu structure UI etc since its first release (WM2003 if Im not mistaken), if you need a phone that does everything "very basically" then iphone or symbian is probably suited to you :lol: I came from the iphone and it sux hard with similar inconsistency ie. crashes and freezes often etc.

Edited by Omnia_1

Guest 3shirts
Coming from a person that has a degree in Information systems... iphone has a great OS (User interface)

With a degree in IS, I'd have thought you'd know the difference between an OS and a UI, very much not the same thing

Guest samjuan

you know how the iPhone is superior to all phones? look at all "literally all" phone forums on the web, I bet you will find peeps comparing there high end phones with the iPhone! not with any other phone, but the iPhone...!!! why is that? there has to be something "just a little thing" good about it for people to be crazy like that!

Let me tell you something, I have the iPhone 3G white official unlocked, I bought it brand new for $915, and I have the Omnia and I bought it brand new for $950... Can you compare between the two? of course you can! they fall into the same category, who is better? hmmm, tricky question, but it depends, let me tell you, when you read about the specs of both phones... you will go crazy about the Omnia, and you will think for one second that the iPhone "3g of course" is 1 or two years old, right? ok, but you've got to have one to see for yourself... what I want "and I think everybody wants" is practicality, it depends, if you can sacrifice MMS, file transfer "by all means -> from phone any anything using anything!" camera, customizations, practically all bluetooth services "except for headset profile", flash lite and mass storage capabilities, then I think the iPhone is the best phone you will even get, it has practically all the applications you can think of, the touch experience is amazing, cannot even remotely be compared with any other phone in the market at this time "sorry, not even the Omnia" the screen brightness and clarity can leave even the diamond miles behind, and the smoothness of the UI is not even compared to any smart or stupid :lol: phone in the market now.

However, if you cannot live with all the deliberate limitations "that Apple itself made it clear that it is not supported on its phone", then definitely the Omnia is the option to go.

Apple iphone 3G is as much PDA and business phone as any windows mobile phone in the market... I cannot think why would anyone who used iPhone 3g 2.1 think that it is not stable or does not have business PDA capabilities, however not as customizable as the WM.

By the way, I have the Omnia, and my wife has the iPhone 3g white 2.1... just a note!!! :D

oh well..... if you dant ask you dont get...lol

Will you come back and share an omnia joke with us someday soon...lol

Am not leaving this site because its really is great

With a degree in IS, I'd have thought you'd know the difference between an OS and a UI, very much not the same thing

lol i was referring to the user interface in particular when i said OS. Am sure u know that very OS has own interface right? am not making it personal. i have made a decision and i dont expect u to necessary agree to it but am sure other can understand what i mean

Guest markkohfm

I personally feel that the ability to customise is the greatest asset of WM. Hence it is really better suited towards those who are technically savvy and know how to change the settings as they like it. I was considering between the iphone and the omnia but chose the omnia because it is so much easier to sms as i have touchpal. The additions that Samsung has added to the omnia are really good considering the fact that i was using an Eten x500 which was just bare windows without additional functions.

Guest Omnia_1

Another thing that really pissed me off with iphone. Driving to work I forgot my bluetooth headset and traffic was heavy and required concentration, I received 6 calls and could barely answer the phone because I had to look at the screen to press the damn answer key! then I had to look again to find the key to activate the damn loud speaker. Frustrating and dangerous :lol:

Scrap this useless thread!!!

Edited by Omnia_1