(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest Barthlon
No way I'm backing you up..

- Default task switcher is there as a cab file

- Silver inbox isn't even done yet (buggy as hell) and is not workable

- HTC is very important for some apps (HTC Games and so)

- UC is not buggy at all!

We should keep the rom as light as possible.. Remember... it's not possible to delete but you can add things later on.. Personally I think PaSSoa has listened to everyone and does a great job filtering out the good stuff so I trust this will continue with the next rom too :D

haha passoa asked for our opinion and i gave mine, ofcourse we'll never all get exactly what we want (only passoa ofcourse :lol:).

btw, what are your first impressions of hj9 passoa, any noticable improvements/differences?

Hello peeps,

Having a bit of a problem with the Black HTC theme here. Have dug around and tried a few of the solutions but with no joy so far...

Basically when I try to apply the theme through M2DC it gives me the old 'unable to find HTChomesettings.xml etc' message but nothing I do makes any difference.

So far, I have tried disabling TouchFlo and applying the theme and I have also installed the most up-to-date version of M2DC.

All suggestions most welcome.

thanks in advance

Guest kensong
Great find kensong, apparently there will be native Flash9 support out by the end of the year, so that will solve many problems.

Btw, what do you guys want to see in a new ROM? I have with me the latest HJ9 ROM, thanks to secany. Will have a look to see if there are many improvements though.

So another M2D version and Lite version? Or do you prefer another interface?

I would keep to what you did with M2D02 except replace with the latest M2DC and keep to the same Theme you like unless you personally wants a new flavour. Also, Opera should be included, as the cabs out there all has some issues so this is safer. The landscape support would be a big plus as with the latest ROM from Secany, hope it is an improvement over DTHJ6.

Thanks PaSSoA for M2D03 in advance :lol: Oh, I hope the fix for Smart Converter will hsve been made.

It's seems like the flash light can't be used when manilla's running :/.

Any trick to get it working ?

(Please think about it for M2D03 ,and of course , landscape mode ^^ , all the rest's perfect :lol: )

Thanks passoa ^^

Edited by Rapixx

It's seems like the flash light can't be used when manilla's running :/.

Any trick to get it working ?

(Please think about it for M2D03 ,and of course , landscape mode ^^ , all the rest's perfect :lol: )

Thanks passoa ^^

Landscape it is under development. Im trying with Quist to modify it but seems some xml values in HTCHomeSettings are missing to export to landscape.

We will keep you updated if we manage to update the better landscape view for MD2.

Guest landslot

Hi guys.. not sure if someone is able to send the M2D back on the 'Home' page after left alone for awhile?

Like l stopped at the Mail Tab and it stay all the way there. Is there any timer or some sort to let the tab go back to the home page after maybe i get it off from standby?

Hope yous guys can understand what i trying to talk about :lol:

landslot

Landscape it is under development. Im trying with Quist to modify it but seems some xml values in HTCHomeSettings are missing to export to landscape.

We will keep you updated if we manage to update the better landscape view for MD2.

Sounds good to me lol ^^.

Any tricks for flash light ? I found it very useful :/

Hello peeps,

Having a bit of a problem with the Black HTC theme here. Have dug around and tried a few of the solutions but with no joy so far...

Basically when I try to apply the theme through M2DC it gives me the old 'unable to find HTChomesettings.xml etc' message but nothing I do makes any difference.

So far, I have tried disabling TouchFlo and applying the theme and I have also installed the most up-to-date version of M2DC.

All suggestions most welcome.

thanks in advance

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I know other people have experienced this so I must be missing something simple.

Yes you missed something, you should let the file in .zip format

lol ^^

Ok so something is happening on my PC because I am downloading the file and copying it across to the device...not extracting, unzipping or anything similar. Strange. Maybe I will zip up the file that I have.

Guest dedafmonteur

lol this is fun!

i updated,it sais:update not worked.

and guess what...

IT DID!

the tilting sucks and the phonebook to,because my phonebook is on my sim so i need to re-add everyone...this sucks kinda

haha passoa asked for our opinion and i gave mine, ofcourse we'll never all get exactly what we want (only passoa ofcourse :lol: ).

btw, what are your first impressions of hj9 passoa, any noticable improvements/differences?

First impressions are good, seems slightly more responsive but screen sensitivity does not seem as good as HJ6. I will test more on battery life but I have a suspicion that it'll be good. Using activesync, WiFi and GPS does not seem to heat the phone up that much too. Oh, and SilverInbox is working now :D

Guest squeezo

Hi Guys,

I really want to update to M2D02 but cant seem to find the SamsungModem driver on their site anymore.

Please where can I dowload this driver?

Eric

EDIT:

found it on the official site but must choose french.

Hope this is the same old modem driver for all languages.

Somebody can confirm before I brick my Device?

Eric

Edited by squeezo

Guest Barthlon
First impressions are good, seems slightly more responsive but screen sensitivity does not seem as good as HJ6. I will test more on battery life but I have a suspicion that it'll be good. Using activesync, WiFi and GPS does not seem to heat the phone up that much too. Oh, and SilverInbox is working now :lol:

that, i really like! :D

btw, has anyone ever seen a version history/overview of changes of roms of some sort? it's really weird that we have to figure out changes/improvements ourselves. and they also seem to change back and forth a bit when it comes to responsiveness, screen sensitivity and battery life etc...

although in the long run things seem to get better ;)

i hope wm7 will be released sooner than expected and that it will work on this device, it's time that ms releases a finger-friendly interface! especially with the i900 not having a intern stylus. too bad we'll have to wait a year and in that time people will have chips in their heads instead of phones :o

First impressions are good, seems slightly more responsive but screen sensitivity does not seem as good as HJ6. I will test more on battery life but I have a suspicion that it'll be good. Using activesync, WiFi and GPS does not seem to heat the phone up that much too. Oh, and SilverInbox is working now :lol:

Great! So do you already have an estimate for your update? :D

Great find kensong, apparently there will be native Flash9 support out by the end of the year, so that will solve many problems.

Btw, what do you guys want to see in a new ROM? I have with me the latest HJ9 ROM, thanks to secany. Will have a look to see if there are many improvements though.

So another M2D version and Lite version? Or do you prefer another interface?

So many things you can do man. The only serious suggestion I can make would be to at least optimize what ever you put out like Paul does (or squeeze the how too out of him ;) ). How about optimized with only the Net Config3.5 swapped for the 2.0 with widgets removed and flashlight 3 installed. I am a chafing chef failure. Mostly from a lack of time (I hope :lol: ). When I go on holiday next month I will be really getting down with my cooking. I am putting feelers out to try to meet Mr. Toto and or some of the folks who made that Thai ROM in BKK for a cold 1 and to take notes :D :P :o

Sounds good to me lol ^^.

Any tricks for flash light ? I found it very useful :/

There is a way to do it:

settings -> Today -> Items -> uncheck TouchFLO -> ok

After finish you check it again.

But i hope there will be more simple solution. :lol:

Great! So do you already have an estimate for your update? :P

I'm still waiting for the new M2D update20 with landscape support, furthermore I'm still testing so hopefully it'll be ready in a day or two.

So many things you can do man. The only serious suggestion I can make would be to at least optimize what ever you put out like Paul does (or squeeze the how too out of him ;) ). How about optimized with only the Net Config3.5 swapped for the 2.0 with widgets removed and flashlight 3 installed. I am a chafing chef failure. Mostly from a lack of time (I hope :lol: ). When I go on holiday next month I will be really getting down with my cooking. I am putting feelers out to try to meet Mr. Toto and or some of the folks who made that Thai ROM in BKK for a cold 1 and to take notes :D :P

Done the optimization for the apps in the build, still testing to make sure there are no unexpected bugs. So far so good :o

Guest Magpie2000k

Hi Passoa

I have had this latest rom installed for a while now.

I have found.

1: doesnt install vodafone UK wap settings etc

2: doesnt seem to allow or run TCPMP just get send "crash.txt" to developers

3: slide to unlock i have to slide at least twice to unlock it

4: seem to have the failed to send email error adhoc

5: cant get tweeter to run no matter how hard I try could on previous version

6: camera seems blurred didnt have problem before.

I am not complaining at all. love your work.

just giving some feedback as from what I can tell error on these devices dont seem to have any pattern to them. some get certain errors and some dont on varying roms.

Any Ideas, I await your next version.

FYI I have reflashed three times and doesnt seeem to make any difference to the errors but when I go back to version 01 I dont get them.

Thanks again for all your hard work

Guest kersten
There is a way to do it:

settings -> Today -> Items -> uncheck TouchFLO -> ok

After finish you check it again.

But i hope there will be more simple solution. :lol:

Hi all

First, thanks for all the supporters here. Since found this forum many issues could be solved.

I really like this ROM, great work. Waiting for the next one ;-)

There are some questions for my part. Try to search and find the answers in the forum, but I wasn't successful.

1. The audio manager didn’t start. In the audio screen of Manila, I can read "searching", then found one song, but I couldn’t play the song. If I want to start "Library", TouchFlo shut down. I sync with Mediaplayer on SD-card in mp3-format. Touchplayer and Mediaplayer inside works fine and find the media.

2. How to add a city for the weather forecast? Found some posts, but I didn’t know which server for the weather is in this ROM.

3. Is it possible to enlarge the calendar on the Home screen? It shows only the next appointment. It would be nice to see the (several) next appointments like Win Mobile can.

4. Some videos on youtube are striped, couldn’t see anything. Is it depending on the connection?

5. Do you have a link for some more themes and how to employ them?

Sorry for potentially silly questions.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

PS. The trick with flashlight unfortunately doesn’t work