(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

For me it rotates the screen for 270 degrees (rlToday is upside-down). Was everything ok using MortScript?

If so I will have to investigate the problem B) .

EDIT:

OK - Found the bug, try to get new version...

EDIT: get the latest version from next page

The last version for today (going to play WoW B) ) - it now detects if the Today plugin has already been launched. Before when someone quickly flips the Omnia from 270 to 90 the app would refresh today screen without need which made a flicker. Now should be ok.

EDIT: New version below B)

Edited by qbus

Thanks,but i have no read anything for the "album button",maybe is for my porr english.

Cna you helpme?

Thanks

I wast talking about All Programs issue.

And what I would on your place - first try to run Manilla2DConfig, then if this don't work try to look into HTCHomeSettings.xml in \Windows and that tool to customize application being run by Manilla.

If all above fails the fastest way is to perform hard reset.

Guest Brancard

Hi

This PaSSoA roms are the best thing that happened to the Omnia

I noticed that since M2D01, the Audio Manager doesn't play the next song when the standby mode (black screen) is activated by a hardware button.

That's the biggest issue I found. Landscape is not that important to me.

Massive bravo to PaSSoA and the ones who helps him.

Guest Barthlon
@anyone:

just wondering how passoa got rid of the "calls and contacts" lines normally displayed in the dialer.

i think i've read something about it a while back on this forum, but i can't find it anymore...

thanks man!

i am not proud of it, but i am going to quote myself until i get an answer! B)

The last version for today (going to play WoW B) ) - it now detects if the Today plugin has already been launched. Before when someone quickly flips the Omnia from 270 to 90 the app would refresh today screen without need which made a flicker. Now should be ok.

EDIT: New version below B)

I played WoW a while but one thing can't get out of my head - after the orientation is changed from landscape to portait Manila brings itself to front (even when there was other app running).

So I thought that maybe there is posibility to disable it. Unfortunately there is no way to stop Manila bringing to front BUT there is a way to send it back to back B) .

In attachment there's a new version of RotationService which controls the Manila after the orientation changed till it goes to foreground and force it to go to back again showing the application that was on foreground before.

Please test it and let me know if everything is OK.

I see that there are lot's of other options which can be implemented there (for example to auto-rotate screen only if certein program is in foreground) but don't know if you are interested in B) .

EDIT: This version had a serious BUG *DO NOT USE IT*. Will post proper version soon...

Edited by qbus

Guest MikeTay

Can anybody help me. I have previously successfully flashed the previous version of the rom but now got a "Checksum failed" message after completing the first step. I have try to download the rom again but same error.

Guest lutharigno

Great work PaSSoA!! I'm currently using 03, but not sure if i'll try this one. May wait til lite rom is ready. B) Will definitely make a donation when i get paid.

I won't forget about you either Secany! B)

Hi

This PaSSoA roms are the best thing that happened to the Omnia

I noticed that since M2D01, the Audio Manager doesn't play the next song when the standby mode (black screen) is activated by a hardware button.

That's the biggest issue I found. Landscape is not that important to me.

Massive bravo to PaSSoA and the ones who helps him.

Thanks for the kind words.

That's a problem with HTC Audio Manager, unfortunately the new versions do not work with the Omnia yet, so hopefully when it's patched for all devices, it'll solve the problem.

i am not proud of it, but i am going to quote myself until i get an answer! B)

What lines are you referring to?

Hi,

uc is not working for me with M2D04???

Only flatblack.tsk is installed.

Is this right?

Eric

Should be fine, can anyone else verify this? And yes, other themes have been removed, so you can install you own favourite theme.

I played WoW a while but one thing can't get out of my head - after the orientation is changed from landscape to portait Manila brings itself to front (even when there was other app running).

So I thought that maybe there is posibility to disable it. Unfortunately there is no way to stop Manila bringing to front BUT there is a way to send it back to back B) .

In attachment there's a new version of RotationService which controls the Manila after the orientation changed till it goes to foreground and force it to go to back again showing the application that was on foreground before.

Please test it and let me know if everything is OK.

I see that there are lot's of other options which can be implemented there (for example to auto-rotate screen only if certein program is in foreground) but don't know if you are interested in B) .

Hey qbus thanks for u contribution. Can we do smth with a real M2D landscape? B) playing with the xml like i posted above or similar idea?

That's actually an interesting idea, I'm not sure if it's possible to inject the lines to the HomeSettingsXML for landscape everytime it rotates and removes it once it's back in portrait.

Great work PaSSoA!! I'm currently using 03, but not sure if i'll try this one. May wait til lite rom is ready. B) Will definitely make a donation when i get paid.

I won't forget about you either Secany! :(

Thanks for your support, even $1 shows me that you would like me to continue what I'm doing, as I'm pretty tied up for spare time now.

Cheers!

That's actually an interesting idea, I'm not sure if it's possible to inject the lines to the HomeSettingsXML for landscape everytime it rotates and removes it once it's back in portrait.

It is possible to change home settings after resolving some issues but the most important thing is that Manilla automatically returns to portait mode when it detects landscape layout - this is the problem that I'm afraid we are unable to solve it (unless you know the way how to quickly disable this "feature").

Guest hellotim

UC didn't run automatically for me either, even 2-3 hard resets. However, when I manually browse and click the windows\SDAutoRun.exe, it starts to install !!

I also couldn't get the SSMaPa.exe to point to the Samsung Clock.

Really great ROM in anycase!!!

Guest MikeTay
Can anybody help me. I have previously successfully flashed the previous version of the rom but now got a "Checksum failed" message after completing the first step. I have try to download the rom again but same error.

I really like to flash to the new rom. Can anyone help me. I have the Samsung driver installed all along.

Guest Barthlon
What lines are you referring to?

the call log and contactlist "lines" that show up in the dialer. (on top of the dialer buttons there are 3 lines and when you hide the keypad it shows the whole screen full of them)

i do not see it on the screenshot of your skinned dialer. is it because of te skin or did you do it in another way?

the dialer shows up pretty slow for me and removing these lines might speed it up considerable.

hope i'm clear now B)

Guest 3shirts

I flashed to 04 but have gone back to 03FIX. I am not keen on the landscape thing, it is too slow, not very functional and not readily themable. It's good to see some work going into landcape mode though it's just my opinion that it's not yet mature enough to be bundled with the ROM. I also don't really like the black keyboard.

Nice job B)

I'd like to know if it's possible to get the original samsung theme in this rom.

I mean, to get the widget theme so that I can switch between manilla and the widget ...

Waiting for your answer, rapixx B)

UC didn't run automatically for me either, even 2-3 hard resets. However, when I manually browse and click the windows\SDAutoRun.exe, it starts to install !!

I also couldn't get the SSMaPa.exe to point to the Samsung Clock.

Really great ROM in anycase!!!

Will have a look regarding UC issue.

the call log and contactlist "lines" that show up in the dialer. (on top of the dialer buttons there are 3 lines and when you hide the keypad it shows the whole screen full of them)

i do not see it on the screenshot of your skinned dialer. is it because of te skin or did you do it in another way?

the dialer shows up pretty slow for me and removing these lines might speed it up considerable.

hope i'm clear now B)

It didn't show up in the screenshot as I did not sync any contacts at that point, but I believe you can disable it in some reg settings, will let you know if I find it.

I flashed to 04 but have gone back to 03FIX. I am not keen on the landscape thing, it is too slow, not very functional and not readily themable. It's good to see some work going into landcape mode though it's just my opinion that it's not yet mature enough to be bundled with the ROM. I also don't really like the black keyboard.

You can easily remove the landscape by deleting the 2 mscr files in \Windows\Startup and you can get the original coloured keyboard here

I try to customise it to the masses but of course you should be able, and you can customise it to your liking too, if not, what's the point of having a custom ROM right? B)

Nice job B)

I'd like to know if it's possible to get the original samsung theme in this rom.

I mean, to get the widget theme so that I can switch between manilla and the widget ...

Waiting for your answer, rapixx B)

Samsung Widgets do not work with FlashLite3.1 which is cooked in the ROM.