(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

DLLs should be put in program's directory.

It works slower then previous releases becouse it is now more resistant to Manila behavior.

When you see "Please wait" info the service does the following:

- disables Start Menu (to prevent pop ups from other windows which can cause Manila to interact and change back to portait mode)

- show Please Wait screen

- disables Manila and rlToday today plugins

- kills Manila if changing from portait to landscape

- send signal to Windows to refresh Today screen

- removes the Please Wait screen

- restores Start Menu

Of course you can use older version if prefer speed to stability... it's up to you B) .

OK - this is the last version released in this thread, I'll create new one on Omnia forum in order not to mess up in PaSSoA's thread.

This version should be faster then the last one and even more stable.

PaSSoa can u help a bit on Omnia dialer? There is a topic opened. I can make new skins but i need to change the number color on the pad. Any ideas how?

@qbus: thank u mate. but i prefer M2D original landscape. if u have any ideas how to do that i will be welcome to help with the xml settings and resizing.

@qbus: thank u mate. but i prefer M2D original landscape. if u have any ideas how to do that i will be welcome to help with the xml settings and resizing.

I haven't found a way to disable autorotation mechanism on Manila2D <- without this there's no even sense to look into HTCHomeSettings.xml to prepare proper layout.

BTW, There's no need to swap HTCHomeSettings files when rotating, AFAIK in that file there are two groups of parameters -> one for portait mode and the other for landscape.

I haven't found a way to disable autorotation mechanism on Manila2D <- without this there's no even sense to look into HTCHomeSettings.xml to prepare proper layout.

BTW, There's no need to swap HTCHomeSettings files when rotating, AFAIK in that file there are two groups of parameters -> one for portait mode and the other for landscape.

There are yes but some important values are missing for landscape, i was straggling with Quist9 and they dont work.

So the only way is to prepare another xml with values only for landscape and use that one. Meaning the values of portait when it will rotate will have diff values for landscape usage.

I hope u understand what i mean.

There are yes but some important values are missing for landscape, i was straggling with Quist9 and they dont work.

So the only way is to prepare another xml with values only for landscape and use that one. Meaning the values of portait when it will rotate will have diff values for landscape usage.

This IS possible, but would need to restart Manila every rotation (to make it read new config).

BUT as I said before I haven't found a way to stop Manila changing screen orientation from landscape to portait after some time (that's why I had a very big problem with my application).

PaSSoA,

are you planing to release lite version of your rom without manilla2d?

Probably when DXHK2 comes out, I'll be out of town for a relatives' wedding in 2 days, and have quite a bit of work to finish, so I don't have the time to look into now.

I'll be back in a week, so hopefully HK2 or maybe even HK3 is out by then B)

Dear Passoa,

After installing S2U2 and using the camera to shoot some photos, my omnia will 'hang' when I off/on the device.

However, if I didn't use the camera functions, my device will not hang when I off/on the screen and I can still use S2U2

Can you help me solve this problem? Thanks!

PS: I am using S2U2 v1.35(latest)

Don't use S2U2, so I can't confirm, but to reply to the earlier post about the Geotagging with the Camera, it works for me. You just have to wait till a GPS location is fixed before the "Loading" screen disappears, so it might seem like it hung.

OK - this is the last version released in this thread, I'll create new one on Omnia forum in order not to mess up in PaSSoA's thread.

This version should be faster then the last one and even more stable.

Will give it a try, the previous version did have sound problems, I initially thought it might have something to do with the Flash videos, but it happened after a soft reset with rotation.

PaSSoa can u help a bit on Omnia dialer? There is a topic opened. I can make new skins but i need to change the number color on the pad. Any ideas how?

I'll try to have a look at it, but as I mentioned earlier I'm a little tied up now...

This IS possible, but would need to restart Manila every rotation (to make it read new config).

BUT as I said before I haven't found a way to stop Manila changing screen orientation from landscape to portait after some time (that's why I had a very big problem with my application).

I'll have to look into the orientation when I have some free time too, not sure how hardcoded it is. Hopefully some simple hexediting will solve it. Restarting M2D everytime it rotates should be fine, it takes about 3secs on my device and for landscape support, I think it'll be worth it B)

Restarting and Rotating is also fine with me like PaSSoa said. One step at a time i think qbus. If you could make me a script for using 2 xml would be nice mate.

Or some code for mortscript so i can check it alone

Restarting and Rotating is also fine with me like PaSSoa said. One step at a time i think qbus. If you could make me a script for using 2 xml would be nice mate.

Or some code for mortscript so i can check it alone

I think that first step is to disable auto-rotation in Manila.

If we are unable to turn it off then rest of our work is pointless...

Hi All,

I had a problem with Touchflo retaining its setting from MD03 firmware using SBP Backup to restore my i900 after upgrading to MD04. Touchflo would retain its original blue background and dark highlight when selecting the apps. Everything with touchflo works except for those two issues. I am thinking that it had to be the Touchflo setting in the registry or the configuration files.

If I had to install all the programs and settings that I use, I will have to waste at least 4 hours. I trying to spare that trip for last resort. If anyone is knowledable, can someone show how to correct the problem or upload the the configuration file for future references.

Thanks

Edited by minhgi

Guest deszczu
Dear Passoa,

After installing S2U2 and using the camera to shoot some photos, my omnia will 'hang' when I off/on the device.

However, if I didn't use the camera functions, my device will not hang when I off/on the screen and I can still use S2U2

Can you help me solve this problem? Thanks!

PS: I am using S2U2 v1.35(latest)

I had exactly the same problem, but I've found the solution... Change the Display Mode to RawBuffer in S2U2 setup (Advanced tab). It works for me so far.. I checked it with S2P, and it's ok too.

Guest teixeira.vh

This version does not bring XT9 Dictionaries? Only english?

Where can i find others?

Thanks.

(i removed the dialer by mistake, could anyone kindly share it?)

Edited by teixeira.vh

my garmin mobile XT was work on m2d03, but this time isn't working on m2d04.

the gps signal not working...

any help??

Go Settings-->System-->Enhanced GPS and enable SNTP Server

Guest 3shirts
Hi All,

I had a problem with Touchflo retaining its setting from MD03 firmware using SBP Backup to restore my i900 after upgrading to MD04. Touchflo would retain its original blue background and dark highlight when selecting the apps. Everything with touchflo works except for those two issues. I am thinking that it had to be the Touchflo setting in the registry or the configuration files.

If I had to install all the programs and settings that I use, I will have to waste at least 4 hours. I trying to spare that trip for last resort. If anyone is knowledable, can someone show how to correct the problem or upload the the configuration file for future references.

Thanks

Probably not much help but I use Sprite Backup because it allows you to select exactly what files etc to restore. If you are restoring to a newer ROM you can deselect things like the Windows folder. I have used it to upgrade ROM twice and it was easy and went perfectly

Guest XtremeMaC

windows folder holds many skin files. ranging from the manilla skin to keyboard/caller etc... ringtones if u've installed and some other thigs i haven't looked for..

Guest lordlucan

@ PaSSoA: thxs for the great Rom!

@ all: i need the german input, how can i change it?

it's very circumstantial to write messages with the english input language...

thxs for the help