Step by Step: Learn To Cook Custom ROM

Guest PaSSoA

Guest zingaralho
i download the official DXHJ1 from Samsung, but when i drag the UPDATE.exe into ExtractROM_exe.cmd the command prompt shown this :

Omnia.jpg

can anyone help me?

search for this tool ---> i900_EXEcutor in this site

that tool open firmware from samsung :rolleyes:

search for this tool ---> i900_EXEcutor in this site

that tool open firmware from samsung :rolleyes:

Yup, try using the new tool, old versions might have problems with newer ROMs.

Guest shokka9

hey peoples...

just tried to extract ROM exe (i900DXHK2) and kept getting same error, tried a few other ROMs (that i thought were standard).

It extracts some of it, then comes up with the error. Check it out, show you the kitchen too.

i have attached error. Gonna post in sztupy's thread too

any advice will help?

I have C++ 2008 SP1, .net framework 3.5 SP1 installed. Am i missing something? Not even got to use sztupy's app yet.

ANSWER WAS TO DOWNLOAD the dll in the ERROR message - got from Sztupy. Works a treat. Just build ROM back up....

post-428798-1229975284_thumb.jpg

post-428798-1229975295_thumb.jpg

Edited by shokka9

Guest zingaralho
hey peoples...

just tried to extract ROM exe (i900DXHK2) and kept getting same error, tried a few other ROMs (that i thought were standard).

It extracts some of it, then comes up with the error. Check it out, show you the kitchen too.

i have attached error. Gonna post in sztupy's thread too

any advice will help?

I have C++ 2008 SP1, .net framework 3.5 SP1 installed. Am i missing something? Not even got to use sztupy's app yet.

ANSWER WAS TO DOWNLOAD the dll in the ERROR message - got from Sztupy. Works a treat. Just build ROM back up....

i think the sztupy tool is for HK3 eng version

One Stupid question from me ! What is the .rgu ?I Can't to found out and "Go back to the root directory of Omnia>ROM>.....(Fig .no 7) insert packages.thanks for anyone to reply my stupid questions

Guest shokka9

how do i edit the registry before repacking it??

I have managed to build my own ROM, just fixing my PC before i give it a another go. Had Sztupy helping me thru it..

Also, i tried to overwrite some files in OEMApps (like poweron.wav etc), is it that simple? My PC kinda dies and never could get it to build ROM.

PSU is going..it's only 6 months old too....

Edited by shokka9

.rgu are registry files. press F3 inside your windows explorer and ask to search *.rgu

you'll find them.

Thanks.lufeig,san

But My question is "These are the Apps found in OEM/OEMApps.Open the .rgu.which contains registry settings in Notepad" This Step I can't to found out any .rgu inOEM/OEMApps files..Hence. I can't go to next process !

Guest shokka9

howdy folks??

After being able to sucessfully build a ROM and flash to my Omnia (yesterday). I am a little stuck...

Can do everything upto build stage..extract ROM, extract CSC, run Sztupy's auto remover, build ROM (this is where i am stuck).

After removing stuff (successfully - checked warnings.txt), i then proceed to drag OS.nb to BuildROM.cmd. The windows pop up, click the green button, that says done, but nothing happens after this....

Still waiting, been 30 mins. When i did it yesterday it took a few minutes to generate newROM.bin (which i then proceeded to make an exe with i900Tool)

Can anybody suggest anything?

ANSWER = exit BuildOS.cmd, then the console fires into action. From....you guessed it....Sztupy (my HERO)

Edited by shokka9

Thanks.lufeig,san

But My question is "These are the Apps found in OEM/OEMApps.Open the .rgu.which contains registry settings in Notepad" This Step I can't to found out any .rgu inOEM/OEMApps files..Hence. I can't go to next process !

It's a hidden file. And it's well hidden.

how do i edit the registry before repacking it??

Edit the rgu file in OEM/OEMApps. It's a hidden file, and it's UCS2LE Encoded, but notepad should open it fine. Just don't forget to remove the system, hidden and read-only attributes, because otherwise you won't be able to save it.

Also, i tried to overwrite some files in OEMApps (like poweron.wav etc), is it that simple? My PC kinda dies and never could get it to build ROM.

yep. that simple

Hi guys, I have a question... We are trying (in another topic) to flash a dumped i900L rom into our phones, but what we got so far was 4 raw files (part00.raw, part01.raw, part02.raw and part03.raw). I tried to rebuild it with some instructions used for a htc diamond but it did not work, I was thinking that maybe I can do that using your kitchen.. Is it possible? if so, would you mind help us doing that?

thank you!

I would like to create a custom ROM that has all the parts of the official ROM and just update the Windows CE part like getting HK3 then updating the CE build to 20954 (or higher when there's a new release). Is this possible? If so, can you point out which parts I have to copy or replace? I've read somewhere that this only involves the XIP part so is this true? Can I just get the updated XIP from another ROM then piece it to the other parts extracted from HK3 or whatever release I want? Its just that I notice all these custom ROMs that focus on providing more memory or better interface and the like but not anything that's just focused on providing the most updated OS so I would like to try and fill that part. :rolleyes:

Guest shokka9

@ alinez

I don't think this is possible. It will not recognize the the .raw parts. When you have them converted to the relevant phone parts, then yes it should work and probably will.

However, i do not think they will be recognised in the kitchen.

Sorry. I have seen the other posts, but i have nothing to add, when and if i could, i will.

@ R@v3n

I do not know about this yet. I am a new chef and am still learning the trade so to speak. Sztupy may know or PaSSoA. Post in one of their threads or PM them. I think you may have the right idea with XIP. Try looking at xda-devs site, lots of info there and most of it works or has the same principle here.

Good luck.

Guest sztupy
I would like to create a custom ROM that has all the parts of the official ROM and just update the Windows CE part like getting HK3 then updating the CE build to 20954 (or higher when there's a new release). Is this possible? If so, can you point out which parts I have to copy or replace? I've read somewhere that this only involves the XIP part so is this true? Can I just get the updated XIP from another ROM then piece it to the other parts extracted from HK3 or whatever release I want? Its just that I notice all these custom ROMs that focus on providing more memory or better interface and the like but not anything that's just focused on providing the most updated OS so I would like to try and fill that part. :)

lufeig's ROM's usually use the latest XIP's, so try asking him. There is also a manual XIP porting guide @XDA, but it refers to files found in another kitchen, which is not present in ours. IMHO replacing the xip, running the realloc programs, and putting back the new xip to the os.nb should work, but never tried it (but will :rolleyes: ). It includes a lot of trial-and-error because some applications need to be left from the old OS, and sometimes you have to check manually what to include and what not. There may be also incompatibilities between files from different version. Ask lufeig, he did make a fresh ROM with a new XIP, so he should know.

Edited by sztupy

Guest murymury

can you please help me.

I am working with official DXHK3. dragged the update.exe file to extractrom_exe.bat, below is the output.

i just formated my pc installed dotnet v1 2 3 & c++ 2005 2008. i tried the same process with this rom DXHL2_LFI04b it didnt give an error and finished extraction.

can you please help.

Extracting ROM. Please Wait......

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.48 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

ERROR - Can not open the source file

The system cannot find the file specified.

Extracting Imgfs. Please Wait......

Extracting XIP. Please Wait......

usage dumprom file.nb

Extracting OEM and SYS. Please Wait.......

Clean-up of unnecessary files......

Could Not Find D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Kitchen\pda.*

Could Not Find D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Kitchen\imgfs.bin

Could Not Find D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Kitchen\XIP.bin

All ROM files have been extracted. Start BuildROM after customisation......

Press any key to continue . . .

Guest sztupy
can you please help me.

I am working with official DXHK3. dragged the update.exe file to extractrom_exe.bat, below is the output.

i just formated my pc installed dotnet v1 2 3 & c++ 2005 2008. i tried the same process with this rom DXHL2_LFI04b it didnt give an error and finished extraction.

can you please help.

Extracting ROM. Please Wait......

Extracting Imgfs. Please Wait......

Extracting XIP. Please Wait......

usage dumprom file.nb

Extracting OEM and SYS. Please Wait.......

Clean-up of unnecessary files......

Could Not Find D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Kitchen\pda.*

Could Not Find D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Kitchen\imgfs.bin

Could Not Find D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Kitchen\XIP.bin

All ROM files have been extracted. Start BuildROM after customisation......

Press any key to continue . . .

your DXHK3 rom might be defective, or i900tool doesn't like it. Try unpacking it using i900_executer. If it unpacks it, then imply run extractrom_bin.cmd and it should do the job.

Guest murymury

i guess i900tool doesnt like DXHK3 but i900_executer dissasembled it fine but instead gave me an extra file eboot_2.nb0 also eboot.nb0 both same size. but in the guide only eboot.nb0 is found.

so i extracted pda.bin with extractrom_bin.cmd gave me OS.nb should i continue .

thanks for ur help

Guest sztupy
i guess i900tool doesnt like DXHK3 but i900_executer dissasembled it fine but instead gave me an extra file eboot_2.nb0 also eboot.nb0 both same size. but in the guide only eboot.nb0 is found.

so i extracted pda.bin with extractrom_bin.cmd gave me OS.nb should i continue .

thanks for ur help

the DXHK3 eboot.nb0 should have a file size of 1480527 with an MD5 of c2a1534a8ebdafe3cad22dded9b9890c If you got the same results then you'll be fine.

Guest murymury

5a086d5563d162b5bbcd9d95d5ada429 *eboot.nb0

c2a1534a8ebdafe3cad22dded9b9890c *eboot_2.nb0

b8544cc92eec179a3c39c1a165be9402 *UPDATE.exe DXHK3

in the guide there is no file called eboot_2.nbo what should i do with it.

you said

DXHK3 eboot.nb0 should have a file size of 1480527 with an MD5 of c2a1534a8ebdafe3cad22dded9b9890c
but i have that file called eboot_2.nb0

post-467942-1231174986_thumb.jpg

Edited by murymury

Am having trouble building the ROM using the kitchen - I am using the latest DXIA1 as the base. I have attached a .pdf file (not sure how to paste this directly in the post) of the errors I got. Basically the build seems to abort because the maximum ROM size has been reached. To keep things simple once I got this error I have tried to build the base ROM again from the extracted files without any customisation. I still get the same error.

Does anyone know what may be causing my problem? Thanks :)

Builderrors.pdf

post-432890-1231798944_thumb.jpg

Am having trouble building the ROM using the kitchen - I am using the latest DXIA1 as the base. I have attached a .pdf file (not sure how to paste this directly in the post) of the errors I got. Basically the build seems to abort because the maximum ROM size has been reached. To keep things simple once I got this error I have tried to build the base ROM again from the extracted files without any customisation. I still get the same error.

Does anyone know what may be causing my problem? Thanks :)

you shouldn't reach the maximum ROM size this soon. Are you sure you hadn't got any errors while unpacking the exe? Do you have all frameworks/.NET versions installed (some of the tools fail quietly (without error) when they don't find the nescessary tools. One of them needs .NET 3.5 and without it it doesn't say a word)