Samsung EPIX Email notifications not working

Guest zevrosenthal

Guest zevrosenthal

Hi - just purchased samsung epix (USA version of i780) and email notifications when the unit is on standby don't work. Only the light will flash - no sound or vibrate. Needless to say, this is a big problem and pretty much ruins the benefit of "push". This has been noted in other forums and wanted to see if anybody here had any idea on a fix.

Also to suggest to moderator that a new forum for Samsung i907 (Epix) be started?

Guest saucycg
Hi - just purchased samsung epix (USA version of i780) and email notifications when the unit is on standby don't work. Only the light will flash - no sound or vibrate. Needless to say, this is a big problem and pretty much ruins the benefit of "push". This has been noted in other forums and wanted to see if anybody here had any idea on a fix.

Also to suggest to moderator that a new forum for Samsung i907 (Epix) be started?

Yeah, i907 forum would be great - this phone is so new that it's hard to find good resources on it. I have been doing a lot of searching on i780.

And YES, I can confirm that the email notification bug is happening to me as well as others. Att reps are useless at troubleshooting this so we're on our own.

It is interesting to note that the SMS alerts DO come thru as well as reminders and inbound calls....so there is something about email notifications ONLY that is hosed....what a bummer!

Guest mskovrinskie
Yeah, i907 forum would be great - this phone is so new that it's hard to find good resources on it. I have been doing a lot of searching on i780.

And YES, I can confirm that the email notification bug is happening to me as well as others. Att reps are useless at troubleshooting this so we're on our own.

It is interesting to note that the SMS alerts DO come thru as well as reminders and inbound calls....so there is something about email notifications ONLY that is hosed....what a bummer!

I'll second the second motion on getting an Epix forum opened up.

And second as well on the email alert issues. I first found it and started the threads at howardforums and the ATT forums to get awareness. The more that report the issue, the quicker Samsung will see it as a problem and release a fix.