How are you playing back Diamond-recorded videos?

Guest bagel

Hi there

I'm curious because on both my mac and PC, no program can playback Diamond-recorded videos correctly.

I found mplayer and VLC for the mac that can play back the videos but sound is not supported.

On the PC, both Quicktime and Windows Media Player will not play back the files.

Any help?

Thanks,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Rename the .mp4 file to .3gp, quicktime will play it without problems then, the Audio is SAMR, there is no standalone codec that I've found for it.

Edited by klutsh

Rename the .mp4 file to .3gp, quicktime will play it without problems then, the Audio is SAMR, there is no standalone codec that I've found for it.

I did find a workaround and that is to record as a .3gp file instead. Now all is ok. I can't find any documentation relating to the movie quality but at least I can save it now to either PC or Mac.

Thanks for all your posts.

Rgds

Ken

am i being dumb, but how do you rename the file type?

Martin

am i being dumb, but how do you rename the file type?

Martin

From any explorer windows you need to go into Tools >> Folder Options >> View and clear the Hide known file extentions checkbox. Then you can change it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kevlarski
From any explorer windows you need to go into Tools >> Folder Options >> View and clear the Hide known file extentions checkbox. Then you can change it.

If like me you don't like Quicktime, you changed the extension and it still didn't work, or want to send it to someone who can't install Quicktime (eg work PC) you can download this free tool to convert mp4 to avi or mpg. Best thing is it's free B)

http://www.download.com/Pazera-Free-MP4-to...4-10784027.html (Pazera MP4 to AVI) I had to rotate some of the videos and used Windows Movie Maker to do it once they had been converted. I only have to do this if I took the video holding the phone normally (Portrait), Landscape is OK.

Edited by Kevlarski