HTC Touch HD in stock NOW at DeviceWire!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
touchhddw-20081105-153629.png
Just a quick heads up to let everyone know that the Touch HD is in stock NOW at devicewire.com... and going fast!

You can read more here, and grab free delivery using our code 'FDMODACO'.

If you are looking for the device on contract, Mobiles.co.uk [aff] have it here from FREE on a contract, with stock expected this weekend!

P

PS Getting a Touch HD? CamerAware now supports the Touch HD!

Guest psionandy

I cancelled my pre-order when I found there was no hardware buttons....

That was the deal breaker for me. With a scroll wheel, d pad and hardware buttons I can use my Tytn II one handed. If it's touch screen only I can't.

Got mine today.....the screen is incredible.

Gotta install my software now....im hoping slinplayers going to work on this mahoosive screen

:lol: :D ;)

IMG_0951.jpg

Edited by J273

Guest finisterre
I cancelled my pre-order when I found there was no hardware buttons....

That was the deal breaker for me. With a scroll wheel, d pad and hardware buttons I can use my Tytn II one handed. If it's touch screen only I can't.

Yeah. I too am worried how HTC have moved away from hardware buttons. If this had the same hardware buttons as the Hermes and Kaiser I'd be in like a shot. I use my phones one-handed. This needs two hands. How is that progress?

Guest xiuhan83

can anyone who has purchase this device do a quick review?

main thing i think would concern most people are:

1. battery life

2. responsiveness of touch flo how good is it compared to iphone

3. volume of phone/mp3/speaker phone is it clear and loud

4. quality of camera

5. overall feel of phone in the hand

thanks.

can anyone who has purchase this device do a quick review?

main thing i think would concern most people are:

1. battery life

2. responsiveness of touch flo how good is it compared to iphone

3. volume of phone/mp3/speaker phone is it clear and loud

4. quality of camera

5. overall feel of phone in the hand

thanks.

Got mine last Thursday and have been playing with it a lot over the weekend :

1. battery life - 1 days usage, wifi-30mins, bluetooth-30 mins, GPS-1 hour, calls about 25 mins battery still at 65%

2. responsiveness of touch flo how good is it compared to iphone - still getting used to it to be honest after 3 weeks of fighting with the Omnia interface.

3. volume of phone/mp3/speaker phone is it clear and loud - sound is brilliant nice and crisp, mp3 played with v-moda headphones is superb.

4. quality of camera - in ideal lighting conditions it is good, however it is probably only marginally better than most HTC camera's the 5mp probably helps it be better though.

5. overall feel of phone in the hand - feels good, the rubberised battery cover helps it feel less slippy.

Overall I am very happy with this phone having just sold my Omnia the HD is by far a superior device in my opinion.

B)

Guest xiuhan83

hi is the ring volume loud? how bout playing a media using its speaker? and how about the speaker phone during calls? not sure why htc always lacks in camera.

Got mine last Thursday and have been playing with it a lot over the weekend :

1. battery life - 1 days usage, wifi-30mins, bluetooth-30 mins, GPS-1 hour, calls about 25 mins battery still at 65%

2. responsiveness of touch flo how good is it compared to iphone - still getting used to it to be honest after 3 weeks of fighting with the Omnia interface.

3. volume of phone/mp3/speaker phone is it clear and loud - sound is brilliant nice and crisp, mp3 played with v-moda headphones is superb.

4. quality of camera - in ideal lighting conditions it is good, however it is probably only marginally better than most HTC camera's the 5mp probably helps it be better though.

5. overall feel of phone in the hand - feels good, the rubberised battery cover helps it feel less slippy.

Overall I am very happy with this phone having just sold my Omnia the HD is by far a superior device in my opinion.

B)

Guest FutureDirt

B)

I was also very tempted to grab a Touch HD as a replacement for my omnia...

but now i am not so sure!

I am failing to see what the HD brings to the table other then a MASSIVE screen with great res.

Having tweaked the s*** out of my omnia... i have it setup perfectly... fully finger friendly... there are some points where a stylus becomes necessary but the addition of the optical mouse on the omnia negates the need to have a stylus to hand. (for me anyway!)

I just have that niggly feeling that with the Touch HD there will be a point where the stylus becomes necessary and using one now makes me feel like a complete tool tbh.

I dunno... im going to wait for a bit before i decide what to do...:-)

xiuhan83, to answer your questions, yes the ring volume is very loud, even a couple of the default ones are useable B) playing media using the speaker is what I would describe as good, my colleague at work has the diamond and the HD speaker is better, speaker phone is pretty good as well, just used it about 5 minutes ago actually so no complaints there !

wish HTC would take leaf out of samsungs book... the one regret I have about selling my Omnia is losing that brilliant camera ... oh well we can't have everything !

FutureDirt,

xiuhan83, to answer your questions, yes the ring volume is very loud, even a couple of the default ones are useable B) playing media using the speaker is what I would describe as good, my colleague at work has the diamond and the HD speaker is better, speaker phone is pretty good as well, just used it about 5 minutes ago actually so no complaints there !

wish HTC would take leaf out of samsungs book... the one regret I have about selling my Omnia is losing that brilliant camera ... oh well we can't have everything !

FutureDirt, I agree

oops hit enter too quickly there !

FutureDirt, I agree with your first point, it is the screen that swung it for me, having used (and still do) an AXIM X51v for the past few years I have become very used to the bigger screen, I really did give the omnia a chance but the stylus really started to bug me, as I use my PDA a lot at work especially the stylus for taking notes and system configs on the fly, having to dig it out of my pocket everytime became too much of an annoyance ( no way was I going to use it like a phone charm B) ).

And am still happy with my choice, am watching and waiting for some ROMS to start coming out for the HD so i can tweak it and hopefully make it even better !

Edited by kao123

It's a great mobile... but it have some hickups, like the first ROM from the diamond... so there is hope...

Keyboard is great.

Batt. live best so far !@!

GPS is ok (fast fix)

BT works ok also with headset (tested with Jabra BT3010)

Sound is very good

Screenrespons is ok, coming from a Kaizer 130, so ask met again over a few weeks)

Wifi ok

Screen is WOW, super for me!

It's a great mobile... but it have some hickups, like the first ROM from the diamond... so there is hope...

Keyboard is great.

Batt. live best so far !@!

GPS is ok (fast fix)

BT works ok also with headset (tested with Jabra BT3010)

Sound is very good

Screenrespons is ok, coming from a Kaizer 130, so ask met again over a few weeks)

Wifi ok

Camera is good, same as on the Kaizer but now with 5mp

Screen is WOW, super for me!

Edited by ad3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Alom

Hi Guys,

B) I'm madly in love with this device, I can't stop myself looking at it on Youtube every day. Does anyone know when this will be released on T-Mobile as their Tmobile G2 phone? B)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.