Orange quote for contract Touch HD, could I pay less?

Guest munky^^

Guest munky^^

I'm a long time Orange subscriber, glad the HD is here so I don't have to switch to O2 for the iPhone.

I spend average of #50/month (GBP) at the moment and just got quoted this:

#35/month for:

850mins

500 texts

unlimited data

phone cost: free

Anyone know how good a deal this is at the moment? Could I get similar deal for less per month?

I'd hopefully have some clout with retentions because of consistent high spend?

Cheers B)

m

Edited by munky^^

Guest robertc17
I'm a long time Orange subscriber, glad the HD is here so I don't have to switch to O2 for the iPhone.

#35/month for:

850mins

500 texts

unlimited data

Anyone know how good a deal this is at the moment? Could I get similar deal for less per month?

Cheers B)

m

I'm equally a long time Orange customer but they didn't give a stuff about my contract ( despite having some months in the year where my bill has been in the hundreds of pounds! ).

Never been offered unlimited data.

So in conclusion I'd suggest you take that deal as it sounds pretty good...

I'm switching to T-mobile with Expansys to get my HD.

Guest billybear

#35/month for:

850mins

500 texts

unlimited data

Cheers B)

m

Seems a good deal to me - especially the included unlimited data - its usually £5 (evenings & weekend) or £7.50 (anytime).

Where is it from? - is it Orange direct?

Edited by billybear

Guest munky^^
Seems a good deal to me - especially the included unlimited data - its usually £5 (evenings & weekend) or £7.50 (anytime).

Where is it from? - is it Orange direct?

Yeah, that was from Orange direct

But! .. I called back to confirm some stuff on the data plan. The 2nd person I spoke to refused point blank to look up info on the HD, saying they definitely did not have any info on it. So I called back, and the 3rd person said it was due on the 3rd Nov, but that they definitely did not have it, and deinitely could not quote pricing on it, and the 1st person I spoke to should have not quoted me those figures - he must have invented them, however, they *may* have to honour what I was quoted!

What a mess!

If I *can* get that deal, it was 18 mnth, and apparently 'unlimited' data means 250Mb on Orange.

i would be very suprised if anyone gets this handset free off orange on a £35 plan

orange have really pulled back on giving free ugrades for there loyal customers i spend £230 on average and was quoted £59.99 for the touch diamond

joke!!

Guest dr_nick

i am not due for a free upgrade til july, my contract says i can pay for an upgrade from february. i phone CS and they said o could have the touch HD for 175+vat on my current contract (35GBP: 600mins/unlimited texts/unlimited data)

i am sorely tempted (this might just be my christmas present to self!)

BUT - they still don't have any stock, and are unable to tell me when they might arrive...

B)

Guest robertc17
i am not due for a free upgrade til july, my contract says i can pay for an upgrade from february. i phone CS and they said o could have the touch HD for 175+vat on my current contract (35GBP: 600mins/unlimited texts/unlimited data)

i am sorely tempted (this might just be my christmas present to self!)

BUT - they still don't have any stock, and are unable to tell me when they might arrive...

B)

I've just had a bizarre conversation with Orange retention claiming I'd already been offered a £20 per month off my contract deal plus unlimited data. Think I might have remembered that conversation!

When I questioned her about the unlimited data she said that every day you accumulate points depending on how long you are on line for and if high enough you get offered unlimited data. Now this could be a coincidence but I installed dashwire in the last month and I suspect my data use has gone nuts....perhaps a way to get upgraded to unlimited data?

Anyway too late for Orange as I've gone to T-Mobile with Expansys and should get the Touch HD tomorrow or Wednesday....

Robert.

Guest munky^^

B)

HD now in stock on Orange web site.

Retentions/Upgrades don't have stock though! Apparently their stock is different to website stock. Guy recommended I call back on Thursday.

Guest davem1919

#35/month for:

850mins

500 texts

unlimited data

Cheers B)

m

I am also along time user of Orange

I got

Omina Free

600 Mins

Unlimited Texts

And Unlimited Data

All for 20 per month

How lucky am I

Guest MikeWard1701

Sounds like an OK deal.

Companies will try taking you for a ride with upgrades, sometimes it works out cheaper (both in contract value for money and handset price) to start another contract, then cancel your old one.

Guest m3100tony

I too am a long term orange subscriber. Recently bought the iphone, and as delighted as I am with it, I need a phone that I can tether to my laptop (and Orange have always turned a blind eye to this for well over 5 years). My average bill is probably about£50/month and have been with orange for 14 years ish (yes one of those early 07973 numbers!).

Was offered yesterday via retentions,

Touch HD for free, New Panther 45 (1200 xnet, 500 text, "unlimited data") for £25 (£20 discount) on a 18 month contract. Free broadband. I am sure I could have haggled for more.

I have to say I was dissapointed to be told after 14 years I now have to come onto a 18 month contract - I have never had anything other than an 12 month one. But the HD does like look like a superb phone...... had the SMS to say its on the van :-)

Edited by m3100tony

Don't know how you got one out of Retentions, I've been calling them everyday and they've never had any in stock; next week's the earliest they reckon.

I too am a long term orange subscriber. Recently bought the iphone, and as delighted as I am with it, I need a phone that I can tether to my laptop (and Orange have always turned a blind eye to this for well over 5 years). My average bill is probably about£50/month and have been with orange for 14 years ish (yes one of those early 07973 numbers!).

Was offered yesterday via retentions,

Touch HD for free, New Panther 45 (1200 xnet, 500 text, "unlimited data") for £25 (£20 discount) on a 18 month contract. Free broadband. I am sure I could have haggled for more.

I have to say I was dissapointed to be told after 14 years I now have to come onto a 18 month contract - I have never had anything other than an 18 month one. But the HD does like look like a superb phone...... had the SMS to say its on the van :-)

Guest m3100tony
Don't know how you got one out of Retentions, I've been calling them everyday and they've never had any in stock; next week's the earliest they reckon.

Just rang yesterday..... I got cut off the first time (always ask the name and the number of the person you speak to at the start of the conversation :-) ) but the second person offered the same deal. Will be happy to share the names and extensions of the people if you want to try them.

Guest Gumbygaz

Was told by upgrades that they had no HD's in stock, they told me it'd cost me £129.99 when in stock and wouldn't be able to get any discounts.

So since contract ended on the 14th Nov I asked for my PAC code to leave, was put through to retentions.

There I was told still no discounts available on the phone, I queried this due to posts seen on here. They said pay £129.99 for the phone and give me the contract: £9 a month, 400 xnetwork mins, Unlimted txts and "unlimited" internet... Which since I'm on a £32 month contract at the moment for 200mins & 500txt I'd be saving £284 (taking account of phone cost) over the 18months! Pretty good deal I thought..

Phone is being delivered tomorrow ... wahoo... which is surprising considering I'd been told they were out of stock!

Guest anekmehta

been some time since i've posted due to a period of symbian on N95 - glad to be back with my touch diamond...due to this it's not 100% relevant to the topic but i thought i'd let you know of the deal i got at the start of october. panther45 tariff but with additional minutes to total 2000/month, unlimited texts, unlimited data and the phone for free of course. all for a discounted £30pm. i've been with orange for 6 years and in the first 3 years had average spends of approx. 200pm! I'm also entitled to the orange premier service although i've yet to experience any benefits from this; even the "dedicated CS line" is a bit of a joke i reckon.

reason i'm interested in the post however is that I've had a couple issues with my diamond and am due to be on my third one this evening (courier delivery - must add Orange have been very good with trying to sort the problem), however the CS rep. advised me that if I continue to have issues then I may be entitled to change the phone for a different model...bring on the HD B)

Guest paulvallen

#35/month for:

850mins

500 texts

unlimited data

Cheers B)

m

Hi Munky,

I was quoted equivalent numbers by Orange retentions (Now calling themselves "Customer Relations"). Basically, I could have had the HD for £175 and £25 per month or £85 and £30 a month. These both add up to £625 over 18 months and yours to £630 over 18 months, so nothing in it. I did try to haggle, but they weren't budging, so I'd say that you've been offered as good as it gets - it just depends on whether you'd rather pay a little up front to reduce your monthly payments...

Cheers,

pva

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I'm very biassed against Orange, mainly after the hassle I've had from them over the years. But what I have found, and you guys seem to be experiencing above, is that the service and offers from Orange depend wholly upon how much you spend with them!

Guest stuartharris123

Just thought I would shar my experiences today.

I upgraded to the touch HD and being delivered tomorrow. Apparently they have 129 (now 128) in stock for the customer retensions. Said I was gonna move to tmobile or vodaphone.

Managed to get:

Phone for £9.99

700 xminutes

Unlimited Data

Unlimited Landline minutes

Free insurance

500 texts

something I didnt know - it ships with an 8gb miniSD card

all for the princly sum of £30 p/month

Something that might be of interest, if you move your account over to a self employed account which has better deals, if you take your old phone into a shop, they give you £150 credit on your acocunt!

Hope that helps someone?

just relaised the spelling of Account!!! apologies for that!

Edited by stuartharris123

Thought I would add my deal.

Touch HD £149.99 but credit £150 straight back to my account ;-)

£25 per month for 600 mins and unlimited texts

Tried to get a data deal but all I was offered was 25mb per month free.

Still not a bad deal to get a free HD

Happy days

Guest munky^^

I ended up getting the good deal someone mentioned early in this thread:

1200 mins

~500 texts

'unlimited' data (250Mb)

unlimited landline

18 month

Phone cost me £129.99, but they credited me £150 on to next months bill

£25/month !! (I had to moan a bit to get that, but she didn't put up too much resistance B) )

Very happy not to have any more £50 bills! (be happier if HTC got the video drivers sorted...)

Guest paulvallen

Just last night, I had a similar conversation and ended up with almost the same package as you, except 1800 mins (I use about 120-150, so way over the top, anyway) plus, more importantly, 500MB per month. I'd call them back and clarify - "you did day 500MB/month, right" or something similar...

Cheers,

pva

I ended up getting the good deal someone mentioned early in this thread:

1200 mins

~500 texts

'unlimited' data (250Mb)

unlimited landline

18 month

Phone cost me £129.99, but they credited me £150 on to next months bill

£25/month !! (I had to moan a bit to get that, but she didn't put up too much resistance B) )

Very happy not to have any more £50 bills! (be happier if HTC got the video drivers sorted...)