►► Permanent GPS fix for Samsung i900 & i8000 Omnia ◄◄

Guest Junoman

Guest jh787

Can some of the 38 people who have downloaded the registry settings for Omnia i8000 in post 95 please give us some feedback.

Edited by jh787

Guest jh787
thanks a lot, my gps is back.. i made this changes to it, and now the reception improved a lot, is the first time that i can see tomtom with 5 bars of reception, without reset time to fix is around 30-90 seconds.. sometimes less.. very impressive, but i will test it in a big city to check its accuracy.. normally with internal gps its very bad..lets see now.. after 20 seconds the db levels are between 20-30 db,almost all satellites.. the only problem that i noticed is my battery that is draining stupidly fast, dont know if my battery is dying wich is possible because i´m a heavy gps user and i´m runing alway withs a car charger, or if the reg tweaks are draining my battery.. i will test it and let you know.. thanks once again..

**UPDATE**

For those who have used the settings in post 95 and are experiencing battery drain, i have adjusted the poll interval as i have not noticed any decrease in accuracy or acquisition time by leaving it at the default setting of 1000ms.

The post has been updated with new setting and registry settings have been re-uploaded.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Edited by jh787

Guest yugoport
**UPDATE**

For those who have used the settings in post 95 and are experiencing battery drain, i have adjusted the poll interval as i have not noticed any decrease in accuracy or acquisition time by leaving it at the default setting of 1000ms.

The post has been updated with new setting and registry settings have been re-uploaded.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Hello Yugoport

Have you had a chance to check your gps accuracy yet?

Tested the accuracy and it´s working flawlessly, i´m very impressed with the results, even after a soft reset, 20 to 30 seconds to fix, astonishing.. better reception than never..after the fix, it needs like one minute to reach to full accuracy, after that, fast navigation, fast route recalculation great accuracy.. you are getting somewhere, this thread needs to be pinned..

battery draining: i made a full charge to my omnia and took it with me for long ride, i made almost 3 hours with the battery charged, seems reasonable to me, i didn´t use this last settings, so i´m thinking that my battery drain problem has nothing to do with the gps..

Other thing, i tested the gps of my brother in law, he has an 8gb omnia, i checked nogarder and everything is stock, his reception in 4 satellites was between 30 - 40 db, amazing, everything stock, but in route 66 it only shows one bar of reception, i tested mine in my two gps programs, tomtom and igo8, full reception in both almost the time, in the same spot and at the same time as my brother in law i had reception of 20-30 db, but it looks that my program has more reception.. weird..

Thanks again for your help and hard work, i will keep you updated next couple of days..

Guest Junoman
Tested the accuracy and it´s working flawlessly, i´m very impressed with the results, even after a soft reset, 20 to 30 seconds to fix, astonishing.. better reception than never..after the fix, it needs like one minute to reach to full accuracy, after that, fast navigation, fast route recalculation great accuracy.. you are getting somewhere, this thread needs to be pinned..

battery draining: i made a full charge to my omnia and took it with me for long ride, i made almost 3 hours with the battery charged, seems reasonable to me, i didn´t use this last settings, so i´m thinking that my battery drain problem has nothing to do with the gps..

Other thing, i tested the gps of my brother in law, he has an 8gb omnia, i checked nogarder and everything is stock, his reception in 4 satellites was between 30 - 40 db, amazing, everything stock, but in route 66 it only shows one bar of reception, i tested mine in my two gps programs, tomtom and igo8, full reception in both almost the time, in the same spot and at the same time as my brother in law i had reception of 20-30 db, but it looks that my program has more reception.. weird..

Thanks again for your help and hard work, i will keep you updated next couple of days..

Sounds great and thanks a lot for your feed back! Of course jh787 seems to be on the correct track! ;)

The following registry files aren't noted on i900 (8GB); may be a reason for reception difference, not quite sure but I doubt!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\PollInterval

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\AGPSRoaming

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\BackColorBlack

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\Certification

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\Plane

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\TTFF_NumOfTimes

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\TTFF_WaitTime

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\XTRARoaming

Hope this will help!

Edited by Junoman

Guest jh787
Sounds great and thanks a lot for your feed back! Of course jh787 seems to be on the correct track! ;)

The following registry files aren't noted on i900 (8GB); may be a reason for reception difference, not quite sure but I doubt!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\PollInterval

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\AGPSRoaming

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\BackColorBlack

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\Certification

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\Plane

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\TTFF_NumOfTimes

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\TTFF_WaitTime

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\XTRARoaming

Hope this will help!

All but the poll interval entry in the registry were created when i changed my gps mode from standalone to ms assisted.

The entries with ttff ( time to first fix )in them are to do with testing your acquisition times using nogarder gps. ( *#1472365# )

You set the amount of times you would like to run the test (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\TTFF_NumOfTimes) and how long you would like to wait between tests (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\TTFF_WaitTime) and it gives you the sat lock time for each try and an overall average,

Guest vortexcz

00001036_qfwh116030200979175418-091109163059.jpg

Hello there fellas.

I was watching from distance, trying your settings and etc.

I have Samsung GT-I8000,

stock settings (port 7 for applications and Baud rate 9600 i think) did not work at all (well ok sometimes it did...)

Thanks to you I got now WORKING GPS, and this is what i did:

1. I downloaded your 2 Registry Settings CABs and installed them into the registry.

2. I started *#1472365# (NogarderGPS version 1.0) and entered your preferred settings, but they did not work, dont know why...

so after few tries my WORKING values are (Menu>Settings>QOS):

Horizontal accuracy in

Vertical accuraci in

Response time in

QOP

Max location

*after changing i did Soft reset

also my GPS Settings are set like this (Menu>Settings>GPS):

Operation

-Standalone

Starting

-Hot start

Session

-Navigation

3. XTRA

Omnia>setting>general settings>GPS>XTRA (im guessing i do not have ENG OS)

-Enable all

-download XTRA data

4. Registry files did set my GPS connections settings (Omnia>Settings>General settings>GPS>Connection) like this:

Port for applications: COM4

Hardware Port: COM9

Baud rate: 57600

and Enable that last thing: Manage devices GPS automatically)

In your GPS applications ALLOW Windows to manage their GPS settings

SO, with these settings i have working Google Maps GPS location - accuracy is about 2-3 meters (oh my god hes from Europe?!?! 8) and Igo8 navigation.

Any suggestions about accuracy settings? - Bacause when i try to lower Horizontal and Vertical accuracy it does not work...don't know why though.

So i hope i helped someone as you jh787 and you guys helped me.

Edited by vortexcz

Guest jh787
00001036_qfwh116030200979175418-091109163059.jpg

Hello there fellas.

I was watching from distance, trying your settings and etc.

I have Samsung GT-I8000,

stock settings (port 7 for applications and Baud rate 9600 i think) did not work at all (well ok sometimes it did...)

Thanks to you I got now WORKING GPS, and this is what i did:

1. I downloaded you 2 (registry files from post 95) and installed them into the registry.

2. I started *#1472365# (NogarderGPS version 1.0) and entered your preferred settings, but they did not work, dont know why...

so after few tries my WORKING values are (Menu>Settings>QOS):

Horizontal accuracy in

Vertical accuraci in

Response time in

QOP

Max location

*after changing i did Soft reset

also my GPS Settings are set like this (Menu>Settings>GPS):

Operation

-Standalone

Starting

-Hot start

Session

-Navigation

3. XTRA

Omnia>setting>general settings>GPS>XTRA (im guessing i do not have ENG OS)

-Enable all

-download XTRA data

4. Registry files did set my GPS connections settings (Omnia>Settings>General settings>GPS>Connection) like this:

Port for applications: COM4

Hardware Port: COM9

Baud rate: 57600

and Enable that last thing: Manage devices GPS automatically)

In your GPS applications ALLOW Windows to manage their GPS settings

SO, with these settings i have working Google Maps GPS location - accuracy is about 2-3 meters (oh my god hes from Europe?!?! 8) and Igo8 navigation.

Any suggestions about accuracy settings? - Bacause when i try to lower Horizontal and Vertical accuracy it does not work...don't know why though.

So i hope i helped someone as you jh787 and you guys helped me.

Good stuff !!

Thanks for the feedback and input.

*** UPDATE *** I have managed to convert the registry entries in post 95 to cab format so no registry editor is required.

Edited by jh787

Guest Keepcon

;) Thanks for the cab files - you guys should be getting money from samsung and/or tomto for this

***UPDATE***

I HAVE CHANGED DOWNLOAD SETTINGS TO 0 SO NO DATA CHARGES WILL OCCUR AND BACKED UP THE RELEVANT REGISTRY KEYS AND POSTED THEM BELOW FOR FAST INSTALLATION.

I use this with spot on accuracy and immediate fix.

Can you please tell me what your vaccuracy/horizontal accuracy/max locationage/refreshrate/responsetime/qop delay settings are.

These are the main settings i played with to pinpoint the accuracy problems.

Here are my registry settings for gps and xtra settings in "nogarder gps"

** MUST INSTALL TO DEVICE **

post-662543-1270675466_thumb.png

Guest Keepcon
Can some of the 38 people who have downloaded the registry settings for Omnia i8000 in post 95 please give us some feedback.

Cab files work like a dream. Allow TomTom to access internal GPS without having to pretend GPS signal is from an internal device.

Guest jh787
Cab files work like a dream. Allow TomTom to access internal GPS without having to pretend GPS signal is from an internal device.

Thats excellent news!

Keep the feedback rolling in please .

Guest nextar

days ago i use the tricks on page one it works with my garmin on i900 and then i flash my i900 to wm 6.5 ryrz 28002m2d and now everytime i use my garmin it stuck! even now i try navitel the gps seems to died,...HELP please,.....

Guest jh787
I'm having problems with GPS as well but why can't I download any files from this site? It just doesn't let me so I can't fix this!

Are you sure you are signed in and cookies are enabled in your browser?

If you are still having problems pm me your email address and i will send the settings to you

Guest scubamike

I installed both cab files in post 95 on my I910. I fear these may have been my undoing. My GPS no longer functions. Let me clarify. I simply says "Weak GPS signal, unable to track satellites". I've never had this problem before in my house. I've been at it for over an hour now. Unfortunately my registry wasn't backed up. Does anyone have any suggestions or, moreover, has anyone used these files successfully with an I910? Thanks for the feedback and all the efforts on this project.

Edited by scubamike

Guest Junoman
I installed both cab files in post 95 on my I910. I fear these may have been my undoing. My GPS no longer functions. Let me clarify. I simply says "Weak GPS signal, unable to track satellites". I've never had this problem before in my house. I've been at it for over an hour now. Unfortunately my registry wasn't backed up. Does anyone have any suggestions or, moreover, has anyone used these files successfully with an I910? Thanks for the feedback and all the efforts on this project.

It should be possible you to remove or un-install those two cabs with the help of remove programs, then your settings should revert back to default(s). Unless you can use registry editor utility, following are the defaults;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\CurrentLogFile: "CurrentLogFile"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\IsEnabled: 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\MaxLogFileSize: 32768

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\OldLogFile: "OldLogFile"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\DriversCurrentDriver: "Samsung GPS Hardware"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\Baud: 4800

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\CommPort: "COM9:"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\FriendlyName: "Samsung GPS Card, version 1.0"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: 4096

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InterfaceType: "COMM"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: 4096

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\RetryWaitOnError: 10000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: 100

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\DriverInterface: "Com3:"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: 16384

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice\Context: 305414496

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice\Dll: "GPSIDRIL.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice\Flags: 2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice\Index: 3

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice\Keep: 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice\Prefix: "COM"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\AccessPoint: set to blank

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\Accuracy: 19

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\AGPSStatus: 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\MaxLocationAge: 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\OperatingMode: 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\QOPDelay: 12

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\RefreshRate: 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\ResponseTime: 2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\Running: 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\ServerAddress: "xtra1.gpsonextra.net:80"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\SessionType: 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\SSL: 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\StartingMode: 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\SUPLCurrentLogFile: "agps.log"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\SUPLMaxLogFileSize: 32768

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\SUPLOldLogFile: "agps.old"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\TimeSync: 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\VAccuracy: 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\AccessPoint: set to blank (default)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\AutoDownload: 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\AutoDownloadActiveSync: 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\AutoDownloadWifi: 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\DownloadInterval: 168

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\DownloadResult: 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\Enable: 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\UseSNTP: 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA\UseSpecificAPN: 0

I found that i900 omnia works well with the settings are found on the first post of this thread!

J.

Guest Junoman
days ago i use the tricks on page one it works with my garmin on i900 and then i flash my i900 to wm 6.5 ryrz 28002m2d and now everytime i use my garmin it stuck! even now i try navitel the gps seems to died,...HELP please,.....

This is very strange!

Sometimes GPS reception may not storng enough to get it fix. Wait for sometime patiently and see! Goodluck

J.

Guest ThisIsOliver

Hi there,

Hello there fellas.

[...]

Horizontal accuracy in

Vertical accuraci in

Response time in

QOP

Max location

[...]

I had these values set to:

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\Accuracy set from 19 to 1

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\QOPDelay set from 12 to 1

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\RefreshRate set to 1 (default)

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\VAccuracy set from 0 to 1

as mentioned a couple of posts before. Fast fix while standing still,

but unusual while doing some training - loss of signal ever so often.

After setting it to "4 4...", so your values, I got a fast fix and no signal-loss.

Interesting would be to really _know_ what these settings do, are there country

specific things? Like coverage of sattelites etc....

Thnx anyway for your recommendations... it helped a lot before going to revert to

default-settings ;)

Oliver.

Guest arienreth

I just set my I8000 using this guidelines, after about 10 minutes to get the first lock after the soft reset, i tried for about 4-5 times, to get a lock and did get the lock almost instantaneously.

Pretty darn better than how it was, and besides faster locking, also more sats locked at a time, in a area where i usually got 3 intermitent, that took some time, i now get almost instantaneous 4-5 locks that stay put with a strong signal in Igo8 mantaining.

THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH!

P.S: Now i got a problem, have to try more in different areas, but it seems that accuracy isnt the best now, in some areas the gps told me i was inside a house across the other side of the street, so about 20M deviation. As i said, will have to try more times to see if it was just a glitch.

Edited by arienreth

Guest jh787
I just set my I8000 using this guidelines, after about 10 minutes to get the first lock after the soft reset, i tried for about 4-5 times, to get a lock and did get the lock almost instantaneously.

Pretty darn better than how it was, and besides faster locking, also more sats locked at a time, in a area where i usually got 3 intermitent, that took some time, i now get almost instantaneous 4-5 locks that stay put with a strong signal in Igo8 mantaining.

THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH!

P.S: Now i got a problem, have to try more in different areas, but it seems that accuracy isnt the best now, in some areas the gps told me i was inside a house across the other side of the street, so about 20M deviation. As i said, will have to try more times to see if it was just a glitch.

Did you use the cab files in post no.95 or put settings in manually?

I would suggest using the cab files if you already havent.

I found i had a similar problem at first but after it settles down during driving ( usually about 2-3 mins of driving) the accuracy is spot on.

It is about 2 metres out (half a second lag) during normal driving which i am content with.

Edited by jh787

Guest arienreth
Did you use the cab files in post no.95 or put settings in manually?

I would suggest using the cab files if you already havent.

I found i had a similar problem at first but after it settles down during driving ( usually about 2-3 mins of driving) the accuracy is spot on.

It is about 2 metres out (half a second lag) during normal driving which i am content with.

First as i didnt yet have a registry editing program i used the cab files, with those alone i could not get a lock no matter how long i waited.

Then i tried manually and found that some registry values didnt match to what was desired, edited those by hand then another soft reset, and now today i finally got it working, but this was just the first time i tried it after the changes and only for about 10 minutes on foot.

So yeah thats what i thought, that it will eventually level out, at least i hope so.

Edited by arienreth

Guest jh787
First as i didnt yet have a registry editing program i used the cab files, with those alone i could not get a lock no matter how long i waited.

Then i tried manually and found that some registry values didnt match to what was desired, edited those by hand then another soft reset, and now today i finally got it working, but this was just the first time i tried it after the changes and only for about 10 minutes on foot.

So yeah thats what i thought, that it will eventually level out, at least i hope so.

Would you kindly elaborate on the registry settings you changed as others may be able to benefit.

thanks

Guest SrMoure

I have tried the fix, the setting changes and still I cannot find any sat w/tom tom. IGO works OK and w/XTRA data gets a fix in a reasonable time. I get 12 sats but only 2 >25db

Guest Junoman
I have tried the fix, the setting changes and still I cannot find any sat w/tom tom. IGO works OK and w/XTRA data gets a fix in a reasonable time. I get 12 sats but only 2 >25db

Better if you had mentioned your device..!

If your device is a i900 omnia; try the following settings leaving all others to default;

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\CurrentLogFile: set from CurrentLogFile to Blank (set string value to blank)

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\OldLogFile: set from OldLogFile to Blank (set string value to blank)

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

According to my understanding TomTom tends to gave some communication isuue with in-built gps hardware, but these settings works well with TomTom. Goodluck and don't forget to leave your feedback please.

J.

Guest arienreth
Would you kindly elaborate on the registry settings you changed as others may be able to benefit.

thanks

Sure, i did exactly as in the start of the topic thats why i didnt mention what i changed, thats all.

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\CurrentLogFile: set from CurrentLogFile to Blank (set string value to blank)

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\OldLogFile: set from OldLogFile to Blank (set string value to blank)

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024

I dont know why but some like currentlogfile and oldlogfile wasnt in the registry to begin with.

I started off installing the cabs but that either set things in a way that took ages or just did not connect, then i changed by hand with those settings,

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\Accuracy set from 19 to 1

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\QOPDelay set from 12 to 1

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\RefreshRate set to 1 (default)

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\VAccuracy set from 0 to 1

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\RetryWaitOnError: set from 1000 to 0

Either i installed the cabs incorrectly, or the cabs didnt set some of the values other than accuracy, qopdelay, refresh rate and vaccuracy.

I also have Extra turned off, will try with that off till i get a good feel for it, cause i dont want to spend most of my internet traffic with the gps.

Any other info that you would like, just give me a heads up and ill gladly put it here.

Guest SrMoure
Better if you had mentioned your device..!

Sorry, It's an i8000. But it seems the fix already changed my registry to those values

Does anyone know which al those accuracy settings mean ?

Edited by SrMoure