Will Xperia X1i work in the US?

Guest Bennieficial

Guest Bennieficial

I live in the US. If i was to buy an x1i, would the phone work over here with no problems? Would my reception, internet speeds, and all of that be just as good as the american version coming out (the x1a)? The reason I ask is because the x1i is cheaper and has a better video recorder than the x1a, so I don't see the sense in paying more for a worse fun just because it's "americanized".

Guest artesea
I live in the US. If i was to buy an x1i, would the phone work over here with no problems? Would my reception, internet speeds, and all of that be just as good as the american version coming out (the x1a)? The reason I ask is because the x1i is cheaper and has a better video recorder than the x1a, so I don't see the sense in paying more for a worse fun just because it's "americanized".

The X1i has UMTS of 1900 only for US use. Only some areas have this available, whilst the X1a also has 850. If you only get 850 your not going to get the high speeds.

Guest Jelster

I've not really researched this much so it might be a silly question. If the hardware is hacked at some point to allow Rom updates, is it possible to put the US radio rom on an international handset and gain the US 3G bands?